Thread: UT - Nikole Kristina Bakoles, 19, Midvale, Nov 1999

UT - Nikole Kristina Bakoles, 19, Midvale, Nov 1999

Nikole Kristina Bakoles

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Midvale, Utah

Missing Since: November 1999

Age: 19 -- Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 105 lbs -- Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Nikole has a scar on her abdomen.

Nikole was last seen in Midvale, Utah sometime during November 1999. Her mother in Renton, Washington reported her missing in March 2000, five months after she was last seen. Prior to her disappearance, Nikole's daughter was taken by CPS. She was very upset about this.

Nikole's family later discovered that Nikole had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006. There has been no sign of her since then, and her current whereabouts are unknown.

NamUs

Charley Project

Utah Department of Public Safety
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Family seeks clues and closure - The Unsolved Case of Nikole Bakoles

A troubled teenager becomes a mother and a drug addict and then disappears. That, sadly sums up the last few years of the life of Nikole Bakoles. And as of today, she has been missing for more than 11 years.

More: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta...c8piH16aw.cspx
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Ok, So her family learned that she had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006.

The article mentioned of no arrest in 2006. Was there some mistake?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Ok, So her family learned that she had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006.

The article mentioned of no arrest in 2006. Was there some mistake?
    I was just wondering the exact same thing. Because of the arrest, it struck me as odd that her mother said she has accepted the fact that Niki is most likely deceased... if she went 7 years with no contact and turned out to be alive (when she got arrested), I don't see any reason to think she has met with foul play...

I have no idea what she was arrested for, but wonder if she was released on probation or parole, and if so, if anyone has contacted her PO to check on her last known whereabouts.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odyssey For This Useful Post:

I'm going to look into the 2006 arrest.

I spent a few hours yesterday and couldn't find any arrest for her after 1999.

Using the resources I did, I would have expected to have found the 2006 arrest.

One big thing I did discover: I found for her with different spellings of both her first and last name: Nicole, Nikole, Bakolis, and Bakoles.

So I think it needs to be looked into more. I will update on what I find out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crissianni For This Useful Post:

Looked her up today and found 2 arrests in Salt Lake County in 1999 (July and Sept). Did not find a 2006 arrest. Also found the following aliases or other spellings of her name:
    Names / Aliases:

NIKI BAKOLES
    NIKOLE KRISTINE BAKOLES
    NIKULE K BAKULES
    NIKOLE KRISTINE XAKOLES
    Last edited by hducky1977; 06-10-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: corrected date year to 1999
    "...it mattered to that one"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hducky1977 For This Useful Post:

Nikole Kristina Bakoles

Bakoles, 19, disappeared from Midvale, Utah sometime during November 1999. She was located deceased in Utah sometime afterwards. Her body was identified in August 2012.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I've noticed that the listing on NAMUS for Saltair Sally is no longer up. Is it possible these two are linked?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50308"]UT UT - South Shore of Great Salt Lake - "Saltair Sally" 200UFUT, 17-23, Oct 2000 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erigal80 For This Useful Post:

Wow, if she turns out to be Saltair Sally. I've been following her case sense the beginning.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

"Nicole Bakoles identified as woman whose body was found 12 years ago near Saltair."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...olice.html.csp

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crissianni For This Useful Post:

Clearly the 2006 arrest was a mistake. I wonder what lead the family to initially believe she had been arrested in Seattle in 2006. Was someone using her name or identity?

It could be grasping at straws, but perhaps there could be a clue that might lead to who killed her.

The ex she was living with at the time of her disappearance went back to the Seattle area. He's been questioned but is not a person of interest. Since they were living together I suspect he would have had access to things like her identification or other identifying items that could have been passed on to someone who looked like Nikole. You may be onto something.

The thing I've found though, is that there is just no record at all of this arrest. Almost like it was falsely reported than someone was using a false identity.

Quote Originally Posted by sls314 View Post
    Clearly the 2006 arrest was a mistake. I wonder what lead the family to initially believe she had been arrested in Seattle in 2006. Was someone using her name or identity?

It could be grasping at straws, but perhaps there could be a clue that might lead to who killed her.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crissianni For This Useful Post: