1141 users online (250 members and 891 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UT - Nikole Kristina Bakoles, 19, Midvale, Nov 1999

Nikole Kristina Bakoles

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Midvale, Utah

Missing Since: November 1999

Age: 19 -- Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 105 lbs -- Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Nikole has a scar on her abdomen.

Nikole was last seen in Midvale, Utah sometime during November 1999. Her mother in Renton, Washington reported her missing in March 2000, five months after she was last seen. Prior to her disappearance, Nikole's daughter was taken by CPS. She was very upset about this.

Nikole's family later discovered that Nikole had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006. There has been no sign of her since then, and her current whereabouts are unknown.

NamUs

Charley Project

Utah Department of Public Safety

Family seeks clues and closure - The Unsolved Case of Nikole Bakoles

A troubled teenager becomes a mother and a drug addict and then disappears. That, sadly sums up the last few years of the life of Nikole Bakoles. And as of today, she has been missing for more than 11 years.

More: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta...c8piH16aw.cspx

Ok, So her family learned that she had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006.

The article mentioned of no arrest in 2006. Was there some mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Ok, So her family learned that she had been arrested in Seattle, Washington in 2006.

The article mentioned of no arrest in 2006. Was there some mistake?
    I was just wondering the exact same thing. Because of the arrest, it struck me as odd that her mother said she has accepted the fact that Niki is most likely deceased... if she went 7 years with no contact and turned out to be alive (when she got arrested), I don't see any reason to think she has met with foul play...

I have no idea what she was arrested for, but wonder if she was released on probation or parole, and if so, if anyone has contacted her PO to check on her last known whereabouts.

I'm going to look into the 2006 arrest.

I spent a few hours yesterday and couldn't find any arrest for her after 1999.

Using the resources I did, I would have expected to have found the 2006 arrest.

One big thing I did discover: I found for her with different spellings of both her first and last name: Nicole, Nikole, Bakolis, and Bakoles.

So I think it needs to be looked into more. I will update on what I find out.

Looked her up today and found 2 arrests in Salt Lake County in 1999 (July and Sept). Did not find a 2006 arrest. Also found the following aliases or other spellings of her name:
    Names / Aliases:

NIKI BAKOLES
    NIKOLE KRISTINE BAKOLES
    NIKULE K BAKULES
    NIKOLE KRISTINE XAKOLES
    Last edited by hducky1977; 06-10-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: corrected date year to 1999
    "...it mattered to that one"

Nikole Kristina Bakoles

Bakoles, 19, disappeared from Midvale, Utah sometime during November 1999. She was located deceased in Utah sometime afterwards. Her body was identified in August 2012.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

I've noticed that the listing on NAMUS for Saltair Sally is no longer up. Is it possible these two are linked?

UT UT - South Shore of Great Salt Lake - "Saltair Sally" 200UFUT, 17-23, Oct 2000 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-20-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Wow, if she turns out to be Saltair Sally. I've been following her case sense the beginning.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.

"Nicole Bakoles identified as woman whose body was found 12 years ago near Saltair."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...olice.html.csp

I'm so glad she was ID'd. This case weighed heavily on me. I drove by her on the way to and from work every weekday not knowing she was just yards away. Too bad for her family that she was not identified sooner.

IIRC, there was no COD. I wonder if she wandered away from a Saltair concert and died?

"The case is being investigated as a homicide, officials said. Police are encouraging anyone who knew Bakoles or has information about her to contact authorities."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...y-remains.html

The Standard Examiner reports the same: "Authorities say remains found 12 years ago near the Great Salt Lake belong to a missing woman and that the case is being investigated as a homicide."

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012...ly-remains-idd

Nikole's sister posted on the KSL article that they had always thought that these remains were her sister. It is sad that they did not request the family DNA prior to 2011. It seems that this could have been solved earlier. It also seems to me that the ME made some pretty substantial errors in their examination of Saltair Sally. It is hard to make matches when the information given for an UID is so far off.

It is a good day though since her family can now know for certain. Also, it sounds like leads need to be followed in regards to a homicide investigation.

P.S. Kudos to crissiani for pointing out Nikole!! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=61
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-20-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: fixed broken link
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21602968&nid...icle-popular-2

(snip)
    Bakoles was reported missing by her family in 2003, Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said. But it is believed she disappeared in March of 2000, shortly after giving birth to a child. He said the child now lives with relatives of her then-boyfriend, Joel Chaudoin.

"We believe that circumstances after the birth of that child may have led to her disappearance," Winder said.

Bakoles and Chaudoin were living in "difficult circumstances" in Midvale and had lost custody of the child, he said. The woman's family lost contact with Bakoles, which they attributed to tension regarding her living situation. They attempted to locate her for some time before ultimately reporting her missing to police

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast