Mike Starr Ex-Bassist for Alice in Chains found dead

This is so sad. I watched that Celebrity Rehab season. I thought he was going to be able to make it through.... RIP Mike Starr.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/09/us-aliceinchains-idUSTRE72802X20110309

Very sad to read this. He was on Celebrity Rehab. I really thought he was going to make it.

What struck me most about him was the deep grief he was still feeling on the Rehab show about losing his friend to drugs. When the late friend's mom pleaded with Mike, I felt she was the only person who could 'reach' him. Am so sorry for his death and the impact it will have on his family.

Poor guy. I watched that show. Even though he was out of control at times I liked him. I felt sorry for him. Even though it's not his fault I bet Dr. Drew feels like crap.

This is so sad. I am a huge fan of his music. I watched him on Celebrity Rehab also. He had so much pain. He was extremely talented. I wish he could've gotten over his guilt and maybe this would not have happened.

I was so sad to read he that he passed after all he went through on Celebrity Rehab. My son loved his music and we were really pulling for him to succeed in life.

R.I.P.

RIP Mike, so sorry you couldn't make the sobriety stick bud, I was really pulling for you.

That's a shame. RIP Mike. Addiction is so hard to overcome. It's amazing that some do make it. He tried.

Talented, only 44 and a life gone oh so soon because of drugs.............SAD

This makes me really sad too. I watched him on Celebrity Rehab and I was pulling for him. Addiction is such a disgusting disease. Proof here that it can fatal (not that we know for sure he died of an overdose) and should never EVER be taken lightly. Hey Charlie, is being sober really that boring?

very sad. I watched him on CR and thought he was gonna make it. Sad to hear that he died almost 9 years to the date of Layne Staley (4/5/2002). I heard he was still carrying the guilt of Layne's death.

RIP Mike.

Mel

I've never watched CR, but I am a huge fan of his music. RIP Mike Starr. You will be missed by many. Thankfully, your music will live on.

I never watched Celebrity Rehab but I'm from WA (as is he) and the writing was on the wall. I hope he's at peace now.

I'm not shocked but am very saddened. I watched Celeb. Rehab and was really, really pulling for this guy - we was sweet and sincere and did feel tremendous guilt about Layne's death.

The problem is that most addicts dont' recover, even after several stints in rehab.

Poor Dr. Drew - he TRIES, he really tries to save these people from themselves. The grief the families feel for not only losing their loved one in death, but from mourning the loss of their loved one to drugs in a long drawn out painful tragedy, is just unbearable for me to think about.

Addiction affects so many more people than just the addict. RIP Mike.

Awwww, man. Such a talented man. RIP Mike.

Guilt. It's an enormous burden on addicts.

Ah, I feel so bad. I watched him on CR too and I was hoping he would
make it. This is so sad.

RIP

Goz

very sad. i never saw CR but i am a big fan of his music. he has had problems with drug addiction for a very long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back