1166 users online (244 members and 922 guests)  

Websleuths News

School Massacre Video Game Stirs Controversy

A video game developed by Checkerboard Studios called "School Shooter: North American Tour 2012" - a release date for which has yet to be announced - is already causing controversy. The purpose of the game is to kill unarmed students on a school campus.

(snip)

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Tec...ntroversy.aspx

Players use weapons modeled after those used in the shootings at Columbine High School and Virginia Tech, among others, Fox News reports. The game's creator, who goes by the pseudonym Pawnstick, says he hopes the game will prevent school shootings by satisfying violent urges in its players.
    (snip)

http://www.campussafetymagazine.com/...ntroversy.aspx

You play a disgruntled student, fed up with something (we're not exactly sure), and after researching multiple school shooting martyrs, he decides to become the best school shooter ever. You decide to arm yourself with the exact same weapons as a previous school shooter such as; Eric Harris' TEC-9, Dylan's sawed-off shotgun, Seung-Hui Cho's akimbo pistols, Nevada-Tan's...box cutter? The possibilities are endless, you are free to do whatever you want. As long as it involves shooting people.
    (snip)

http://checkerboarded.com/schoolshooter/

eeewwww. That is very disturbing! I am apalled.

I cannot believe someone would be so greedy as to develop and market such a game?!?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Um... aside from the general horribleness of this game, anyone notice how everyone killed in the youtube preview posted by daisy7 are african american????

ETA - not sure if that is an official video or not, or just some jerk playing around. I just went to the actual youtube site and other people have pointed it out as well.
    Last edited by Lucid; 03-10-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: ETA

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Um... aside from the general horribleness of this game, anyone notice how everyone killed in the youtube preview posted by daisy7 are african american????
    Wow, yeah. I didn't even notice that before you pointed it out. That's beyond wrong!

My nephew (16) is a huge gamer. He was chatting with me on facebook yesterday and he is worried that this new game will bring more negative publicity to the gaming community at large. Even he feels this one, pushes beyond the limit. He is usually a staunch defender that video games do not cause violenceunless there are already existing problems. He said this one, he has no wish to play or own.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.