State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighNC

Reaction score
Thought we might should do a thread a day if the volume of posts from opening statements is any indication of the activity? Thoughts? or how is this usually handled during an active trial?

depends on the activity, or we could go along with a thread until it gets too long, then make a new one with the new date.

so far the new thing I have seen is the white truck going down Fielding dr Saturday night. No mention what type of truck. (Seen by Mrs Boyer)

Thought we might should do a thread a day if the volume of posts from opening statements is any indication of the activity? Thoughts? or how is this usually handled during an active trial?

Good idea I think.

Witnesses so far - (leaving civilian names out)

Gentleman who found Nancy while walking his dog on Monday -
The gentleman's wife who was walking the same dog on Sunday -
Responding volunteer fireman, EMS type - determined person deceased
Deputy Stephanie Harper - Wake County Sheriff's Office - first LE on scene.

She will be back on the stand after this break. Foundation for finding the body.

Defense planting small seeds of reasonable doubt during each cross of the prosecution witnesses. So far, so good. But we're not really at anything that would be all that controversial - I suspect the intensity with which the cross is done will pick up considerably as witnesses get "closer" (personally) to the case.

As a juror, I would have to take NC's friends' testimony about their relationship with a grain of salt because the information that gets relayed during a divorce / bad marriage is such a mess and sooooo manipulative.

I was hoping someone would agree - I would find it helpful if we needed to go back and look for anything discussed, etc.

I haven't been able to listen to enough to discuss it. What seeds of reasonable doubt do you think the defense has planted? I keep getting phone calls.

Defense planting small seeds of reasonable doubt during each cross of the prosecution witnesses. So far, so good. But we're not really at anything that would be all that controversial - I suspect the intensity with which the cross is done will pick up considerably as witnesses get "closer" (personally) to the case.

As a juror, I would have to take NC's friends' testimony about their relationship with a grain of salt because the information that gets relayed during a divorce / bad marriage is such a mess and sooooo manipulative.

I agree. The divorcing spouse almost always exaggerates the actions or non-actions of the other spouse. I won't include physical abuse in that statement...but statement about how little someone does or how messy they are, etc.

I haven't been able to listen to enough to discuss it. What seeds of reasonable doubt do you think the defense has planted? I keep getting phone calls.

I think one angle will be sloppy crime scene work, specifically to preserving evidence of any footprints or the shoes associated with people at the scene versus a potential killer. That's what I got out of the questioning.

I love working from home. I have this on my home laptop listening while I work.

Ms. Duncan seems very nervous. She is answering with yeah or um-hum instead of yes and lots of little nervous laughs.

Good idea I think.

Witnesses so far - (leaving civilian names out)

Gentleman who found Nancy while walking his dog on Monday -
The gentleman's wife who was walking the same dog on Sunday -
Responding volunteer fireman, EMS type - determined person deceased
Deputy Stephanie Harper - Wake County Sheriff's Office - first LE on scene.

She will be back on the stand after this break. Foundation for finding the body.

I have the deputy as Karen Harper. There is a LinkedIn profile for a Wake deputy with that name.

I agree. The divorcing spouse almost always exaggerates the actions or non-actions of the other spouse. I won't include physical abuse in that statement...but statement about how little someone does or how messy they are, etc.

And - heaven forbid you take a side and call the spouse nasty names and they actually work it out!

And, in my experience, there is always one spouse who spends an inordinate amount of time building their case, circling the wagons, trashing the other spouse and managing the PR machines of the divorce.

I was the "quiet" one in mine - and thus, at least initially, was portrayed HORRIBLY. As time went on, leopards don't change their spots and things became a little clearer, but I lost touch with many folks in the interim and never reconnected. Don't know what they were told either - never really asked them to spill the beans.

The prosecution is making a great argument that Nancy's friend and Nancy's husband had an affair ... but I'm looking forward to finding out how this connects with her murder.

The prosecution is making a great argument that Nancy's friend and Nancy's husband had an affair ... but I'm looking forward to finding out how this connects with her murder.

It's building the foundation to her filing for divorce.

Coverage is now over for the day. Trial will resume at 9:30 AM Eastern.

I have the deputy as Karen Harper. There is a LinkedIn profile for a Wake deputy with that name.

Maybe I just noticed the middle name. :crazy:

You are more on top of it than me so I would suspect you are correct.

Compared to opening statements, we now know that LE did indeed ask the gentleman who found Nancy about his shoe size, and that Deputy Harper did have possession of shoes worn by EMS. We also know that Deputy Harper was not the only one assigned such tasks. So, as yet I am not buying the defense argument that no such data was collected by LE. Especially since the defense provided Deputy Harper a copy of her report to refresh her recollection about the matter.

As to the friends, yes, Ms. Duncan is telling what Nancy told her. Yes it should be taken with a grain of salt, or a box. As the DA stated, these comments are not for the truth of the matter but rather for state of mind.

Yes.

I is tired. It was a long day, although the courtroom part wasn't that long, but all the getting there, parking, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth