Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I missed the very end, is the DA done with her?

AND... Brad lied during his deposition when he claimed Nancy had never said "I hate you." Not only did she say it, she apparently said it THREE times to him, just that day (Fri July 11). Why lie unless you have something to hide?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    I missed the very end, is the DA done with her?
    It appears direct is complete. Next comes cross examination (by the defense) and then any re-direct (by the prosecution), etc, etc.

ETA: I stand corrected. Prosecution is continuing their questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    AND... Brad lied during his deposition when he claimed Nancy had never said "I hate you." Not only did she say it, she apparently said it THREE times to him, just that day (Fri July 11). Why lie unless you have something to hide?
    And even informed Ms D it was an "I hate Brad day".
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

Ms D is looking a tad nervous now.

Still on direct.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

8. The Following User Says Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    It really is of no consequence she wanted a pedicure. The whole point of the testimony was she was extremely mad at Brad that day and it was ready to boil over that night.
    The pedicure I understand - she was a runner. Pedicures are often a necessity, not a luxury, for runners. At least she earned the money to cover the cost and didn't demand it of Brad. I would think he should have been happy about that. Guess not.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Some people are not savers. I am, and you have said you are, but not everyone is. Whether Nancy was a saver or a spender is not germane to her murder.

The point is she was doing something to earn some money, which we'd logically think Brad would have been okay with, but he apparently felt the opposite. He was so angry he didn't give her the weekly allowance for the household, told her he wasn't giving it to her, and continued to not give it to her the rest of that Friday. (Nor, if you recall, did he ever attempt to get cash out of the ATM on Sat or Sun either.)

THAT is the main point.
    You're right it's not. I just don't understand people that live like this (both of them). I think the Joneses would have a hard time keeping up with the Coopers.

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    The pedicure I understand - she was a runner. Pedicures are often a necessity, not a luxury, for runners. At least she earned the money to cover the cost and didn't demand it of Brad. I would think he should have been happy about that. Guess not.
    I'm a runner (1 full marathon and my 6th half coming up in 9 days) and I can honestly say that I've never had a pedicure. I do have nail clippers though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Did anyone actually HEAR her say "I hate you, Brad Cooper, I hate you. I hate you."? Or was this all being relayed from Nancy to everyone else? I believe DD testified that they pretty much did not argue in public.

I think DD said Nancy told her that she said it to Brad 3 times.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

I feel really sad listening to her talk about that Saturday. You can tell she loved her friend.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Now this is gutwrenching. She's talking about Katie and Bella and taking them to preschool the next morning. I have 2 daughters (2 and 8). This breaks my heart.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Is the wral site down? I can't get on anymore. It gives a blank type of page requiring log in or register, but won't let me do either.

I'm still watching on wral.com

I'm having problems with WRAL, too. I switched to ABC 11, but they are running 10-15 minutes behind where the WRAL feed was in the testimony.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast