GUILTY CO - Erich Tyler, 9 mos, drowned in scalding water, Colorado Springs, 8 March 2011

she doesn't even appear to be upset in her mugshot

maybe she's in shock or more likely she doesn't think she did anything wrong

You left a 2 year old and a 9 month old in a bathtub and went out?

You don't have to be the brightest bulb to know that's wrong. I strongly doubt this mom had any idea something so horrific would happen, but the poor little was scalded. Scalded. How did the 2 year old survive? You left a 9 month old alone period let alone in a tub of water with a 2 year old.

I do not get it. I don't.

Oh O.K. this explains it. Warning very sad. Mom went to get cigarettes and wings. Only gone 10 minutes. She left the baby in an inch of water. Came home and found him floating face down in hot water with the 2 year old standing by the tub.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27154023/detail.html

RIP Erich Tyler.

What in the world was she thinking would happen? Why don't these people use their brains?

RIP sweet baby Erich

I don't understand what this woman was thinking. My little one turned 4 last month and i am just now comfortable leaving the room for a few minutes while she is in the bath. I would never leave her home alone much less in the tub!!!

If you really need wings and cigarettes, finish your kid's bath and then take them with you. Come on!

Mother was hysterical after baby’s scalding death, witnesses say

http://thesidebar.freedomblogging.c...fter-babys-scalding-death-witnesses-say/6423/

SNIP:
Prosecutors have charged the child’s mother, 23-year-old Estella Toleafoa, with first-degree murder in the child’s death, and Miller will decide whether there is enough evidence to bring Tolefoa to trial.

Police detective Kory Dabb, who tested the water temperature, said hot water flowed from the tub’s faucet at 115 degrees within 10 seconds of being turned on. After running for 2 ½ minutes – the time it would have taken to fill the tub to 5 inches – the water would be 154 degrees, he said.

Toleafoa, in an orange jail-issue uniform, sobbed loudly when prosecutors displayed photographs of the burned child.

The boy’s father, Eric Tyler, sat on the opposite side of the courtroom from Toleafoa. He doubled over and cradled his head in his hands, while fellow soldiers comforted him.

This poor baby :(

January 2012:

n Friday, 4th Judicial District Judge G. David Miller sentenced Toleafoa, an Iraq War veteran, to 30 years in prison after she pleaded guilty in October to child abuse causing death — a break from the first-degree murder charge she initially faced...

Toleafoa, 23, claimed she left Erich Tyler Jr. and his 2-year-old half-brother Jamari Toleafoa in about an inch of water and returned to find the tub half-full.

Jamari, who was uninjured, was placed with one of Toleafoa’s relatives in California.

At the time, the boy’s father, Fort Carson soldier Erich Tyler Sr., was serving in Afghanistan and was flown home from combat...

Prosecutors at Toleafoa’s preliminary hearing suggested a motive for what they believed was murder – Toleafoa suspected her husband was having an affair, and she may have been lashing out when she left his son in the bathtub.

Tyler Sr. was not the father of the boy who survived, they pointed out.

http://m.gazette.com/springs-mom-gets-30-years-in-babys-scalding-death/article/132072

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back