Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?

Dark Knight

Reaction score
On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Richard Nolle, a noted astrologer who runs the website astropro.com, has famously termed the upcoming full moon at lunar perigee (the closest approach during its orbit) an "extreme supermoon."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters

Considering what has happened today, I'm convinced we're in for some, um, interesting weather this week...

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Richard Nolle, a noted astrologer who runs the website astropro.com, has famously termed the upcoming full moon at lunar perigee (the closest approach during its orbit) an "extreme supermoon."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters

Wow,talk about prophetic!

makes 12-21-12 seem like it's going to be real.
This is so scary. :(

I don't really put much stock in astrology.

I don't believe in astrology in the slightest, but the physical effects of a close full moon I do believe in, since we know about it's gravitational pull. The fact that the earthquakes and volcanoes happened a week before makes me wonder a bit.

You can just about drive yourself bonkers if you buy into doomsday theories. If it happens, it happens. I'll die happy and ignorant, rather than live each day in fear of what could happen.

i sure hope nothing else happens i feel so badly for those ppl in japan

I think this entire year is going to be a humdinger natural phenomenon wise. Tornadoes, flooding, huricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. I have a feeling this will be one crazy natural disaster after another. Just moo

Traditional scientists are saying that the moons gravitational pull will not change much, so I think it is just a coincidence. There are definitely interesting national forces at work right now, however, with the solar flares, earthquakes, etc.

Whoa. Not just the date, but the place, even.

Day-um.

Best-
Herding Cats

I couldnt beleive this when I read it , but I do firmly beleive this is why there was a huge earthquake...makes sense to me that the moons gravitation would have an effect on our weather.

I am now however getting very freaked out about March 19th.

The fact that this happened when the moon was actually pretty far away indicates that this is probably just a wicked coincidence.

People will tell you there is no evidence of a full moon effecting behavior either. I worked in a psych hospital and ,yes it did!

my 10 yr old DD woke this morning and drew me a picture of her dream. She drew a darkened sky with a huge yellow halo of light around the blackness. She described "lightening type stuff" crackling through the sky. Oddly enough, she has seen newscoverage of the tsunami but we have seen no coverage about the Extreme Supermoon on MSM. I am wondering if she dreamed about the supermoon or solar storms (although she hasn't gotten to solar flares and storms in her school studies so not sure where that would come from).

Just found it funny/odd. She woke this moring and had to draw me a picture of what she saw in her dream. Asked me if whatever "that" is can happen. What to tell her? I don't know?

my 10 yr old DD woke this morning and drew me a picture of her dream. She drew a darkened sky with a huge yellow halo of light around the blackness. She described "lightening type stuff" crackling through the sky. Oddly enough, she has seen newscoverage of the tsunami but we have seen no coverage about the Extreme Supermoon on MSM. I am wondering if she dreamed about the supermoon or solar storms (although she hasn't gotten to solar flares and storms in her school studies so not sure where that would come from).

Just found it funny/odd. She woke this moring and had to draw me a picture of what she saw in her dream. Asked me if whatever "that" is can happen. What to tell her? I don't know?

Hmmm, you could tell her anything is possible, then start stocking on dehydrated foods.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back