Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 288

Thread: Ron's cases are now in appeal

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Quote Originally Posted by kamky View Post
    I don't personally believe that he has many "enablers". He may have had temptations around him. It's clear that he did use drugs at one time, but when he accepted responsibility for taking care of his children, his drug use was either greatly reduced or stopped.

    Nevertheless, I have compassion for someone who gets into trouble after a tragic event such as losing a child, especially if they weren't able to afford counseling.
    enabler is a weird word & it's hard to prove...but when AS admitted that she was mad at Ron for being back with Misty, well...on one hand, I understand her emotion, but on the other, it makes me mad. She said she was helpless to do anything, but she could have tried. But no, she turned away, therefore enabling a sorry situation. Also, TN said that Misty dragged Ron's butt into this...blaming a teenaged girl for her grown son's actions, sounds like enabling to me. I don't see much instance where Ron was ever forced to suffer the consequences of his own decisions, but 15 years in the pen might do the trick. MOO.

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by kamky View Post
    I don't personally believe that he has many "enablers". He may have had temptations around him. It's clear that he did use drugs at one time, but when he accepted responsibility for taking care of his children, his drug use was either greatly reduced or stopped.

    Nevertheless, I have compassion for someone who gets into trouble after a tragic event such as losing a child, especially if they weren't able to afford counseling.
    Is the proof he stayed out of trouble with the law his lack of arrest record after he got his kids? Because if thats what everyone is going on who claims this, its just not realistic at all. Do you know how many times the average drunk driver drives before he is caught? If Ronald Cummings made the sober decision to pick up and hit on a 16 year old girl at a bus stop, that scares me more than anything.

  4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Tim Miller's actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of the "Thousand Points Of Light" award from a sitting President of The United States.

    Ronald Cummings' actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of a fifteen year prison sentence from the State of Florida.

    I see no similarities between their actions or despair.
    Exactly! Great post, Papa!

  6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,738
    I don't know if he has enablers but he certainly has a few people keen on making excuses for his drug trafficking.

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Ron filed pro se? What does Shoey think of this? Surely, Shoey would know his client filed an appeal.
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:

    JSV, Kat

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wild Midwest!
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    His own grandmother revealed he had problems and psychological issues..IMO IF he had gone into counselling for drug abuse and anger management long before Haleigh's demise she might be alive today...And IMO he is nothing like Tim Miller... In the first place Tim Miller was not the one responsible for his daughter's death, he didn't lie to LE concerning what had happened to his daughter either....JMHO

    ETA. Also I'm not seeing any of the despair you are speaking of concerning Ron C especially when I view those pictures from New York taken about a month after Haleigh was reported as being abducted or when I watch any of the tapes from his drug bust..JMHO
    I hope you are wrong about all that you just wrote, Everyone has problems and a past, but let's hope we don't have to experience what this family has as I am not quite sure I could handle it all. to have some compassion and prayers for them would be good....

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    35,649
    I just removed some posts that were name calling RC and bashing RC. Do we call the players names and bash them on WS? No, we don't.

    Knock it off. Last warning.
    ************************************************

    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws


    In memory of Ron Pruitt

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    223
    I think alot of people in the community questioned rc along with fellow his employees. How many did PDM employ? A person working there has a small child come up missing and no one comes out and says anything favorable regarding rc. No one donates work hours to RC. Surely not everyone that works there is cold and uncaring. To me that says quite a bit. I hope we get to hear what is fellow coworkers have to say one day.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to feistygurl For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    watchinginky's Avatar
    watchinginky is offline Please let today be the day they find HaLeigh
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Someone who dulls his pain with alcohol or drugs is one thing, but trafficking drugs is another. no comparison. He should have been making an honest living, looking for his missing daughter, & taking care of his son. It is what it is, & for that, I hope this appeal is unsuccessful. MOO.
    And let us not forget that Ron hired a CRIMINAL defense attorney and stopped talking to and cooperating with LE. Why would the father of a missing child stop cooperating with LE????

    All JMO

    "Stop acting like a two-year old".
    Jose Baez to Casey Anthony during jury selection

  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to watchinginky For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by kamky View Post
    Or, he's a lot like Tim Miller, who went into the depths of despair after his child disappeared and developed a serious drinking problem. Anyone who loses a child like this really needs professional counseling to get through their grief and anger. If someone has the means, they can afford help. If they can't afford help, then there is a real danger they will end up drinking or abusing drugs. I feel very sorry for someone who winds up like this after losing a child.
    IIRC, there is a big difference between the two. Tim kept searching for his daughter and didn't get into trouble with alcohol until after they had found her body. Same cannot be said for RC on either point.

  20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Tim Miller's actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of the "Thousand Points Of Light" award from a sitting President of The United States.

    Ronald Cummings' actions, after his daughter disappeared, led to becoming a recipient of a fifteen year prison sentence from the State of Florida.

    I see no similarities between their actions or despair.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by feistygurl View Post
    I think alot of people in the community questioned rc along with fellow his employees. How many did PDM employ? A person working there has a small child come up missing and no one comes out and says anything favorable regarding rc. No one donates work hours to RC. Surely not everyone that works there is cold and uncaring. To me that says quite a bit. I hope we get to hear what is fellow coworkers have to say one day.
    feisty, I may be wrong, however, I thought it was mentioned way back when, that some of PDM employees donated their vacation time so Ron could have time to grieve and search for Haleigh. Anyone remember this?

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:


  25. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    feisty, I may be wrong, however, I thought it was mentioned way back when, that some of PDM employees donated their vacation time so Ron could have time to grieve and search for Haleigh. Anyone remember this?
    I do, yes some employees did donate their (i think) vacation time for Ron.

    I also recall it being stated that any employee that discusses HaLeigh's disappearence was going to be fired, per PDM.
    Last edited by lil momma; 03-15-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: ETA
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:


  27. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by lil momma View Post
    I do, yes some employees did donate their (i think) vacation time for Ron.

    I also recall it being stated that any employee that discusses HaLeigh's disappearence was going to be fired, per PDM.
    Thanks, lil momma, I thought that's what I had heard. But don't you think it's strange that someone from PDM didn't tell his wife, sister, best friend, and they told someone, etc. Some tidbits should have been trickling out after this crime.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:


  29. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    Thanks, lil momma, I thought that's what I had heard. But don't you think it's strange that someone from PDM didn't tell his wife, sister, best friend, and they told someone, etc. Some tidbits should have been trickling out after this crime.
    Very strange indeed. for some reason "gossip" doesn't happen in PC.
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:


  31. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    It appears LE has a tight hold on the people in the county. Very small counties are in Florida. In these places maybe people gather together and do whatever LE says to do. It seems LE has told manufacturing, the school system, buisnessess and the social media that they didn't want them discussing the case. Apparently they listen because they all are mute.

    This tactic doesn't work in big cities but seems to work in rural towns..it would be a good study in psychology to find the basis for this behavior.

    It boggles my mind that ron felt comfortable and entitled to call LE after being called a name. In what kind of district would this sort of thinking occur? Certainly nowhere I know.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


  33. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    Quote Originally Posted by lil momma View Post
    Very strange indeed. for some reason "gossip" doesn't happen in PC.
    You noticed that also? hmmm.


    Perhaps finding out the reason why most locals remain mute and are not outraged with what happened may be the key to solving the case

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


  35. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    I imagine we will see rc filing many many appeals throughout his incarceration. He feels entitled. He took a SWEET deal and then wants more. It is a shame he didn't put as much effort in taking care of Haleigh

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


  37. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    You noticed that also? hmmm.


    Perhaps finding out the reason why most locals remain mute and are not outraged with what happened may be the key to solving the case
    Yes, and IMO, Keeping everything mum has not worked out in the past two years, so it is time, let it all out, and let the public be a little more involved and assist, if possible in solving the case.

    Then again, maybe there is risk of retaliation of witnesses, if they came forward, and maybe LE, having dealt with the Cummings/Sykes/Neves family for years, maybe they are aware of the risk of retaliation and that is the reason for keeping quiet. IDK
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:


  39. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It appears LE has a tight hold on the people in the county. Very small counties are in Florida. In these places maybe people gather together and do whatever LE says to do. It seems LE has told manufacturing, the school system, buisnessess and the social media that they didn't want them discussing the case. Apparently they listen because they all are mute.

    This tactic doesn't work in big cities but seems to work in rural towns..it would be a good study in psychology to find the basis for this behavior.

    It boggles my mind that ron felt comfortable and entitled to call LE after being called a name. In what kind of district would this sort of thinking occur? Certainly nowhere I know.
    Police in my smallish town, told my family to have nothing else to do with my daughter's ex or his family, not to answer their calls etc...(he & my dd were involved in a family violence charge). They acted like us talking to them would void our rights or something. I was inclined to comply until I thought about it. That guy's mother was a source of information & that information is what kept my dd from having to go to court. Looking back, I still don't see the reasoning...but it was really hard to go against them. The 1st time I took a call from the exes mother, my husband had a fit, but I was like 'hey, I haven't committed a crime, I'm an adult, & I'll talk to whoever I danged well please'. The world didn't come to an end & I wasn't arrested, but my husband DID act like me going against police orders was some kind of crime. So I guess in small towns, people tend to follow police orders more, & a situation like a missing child would just magnify that. MOO. I guess a lot of this mentality comes from thinking...'police deal with crimes and legalities every day. We don't. They're the experts, so we had better listen'. MOO
    Last edited by dodie20; 03-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  41. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I imagine we will see rc filing many many appeals throughout his incarceration. He feels entitled. He took a SWEET deal and then wants more. It is a shame he didn't put as much effort in taking care of Haleigh
    I think that Ron has just realized that he is being treated like a common criminal. He's not being treated "special" anymore.

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:


  43. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    You noticed that also? hmmm.


    Perhaps finding out the reason why most locals remain mute and are not outraged with what happened may be the key to solving the case
    Actually this is one of the reasons that led me to believe that the LE in that area are corrupt and have caused this case to be unsolved. I think plain old fear of retaliation (from the LE as well as from Cummings' family) could very well be the reason that we don't have anyone willing to come forth.

  44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:


  45. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Actually this is one of the reasons that led me to believe that the LE in that area are corrupt and have caused this case to be unsolved. I think plain old fear of retaliation (from the LE as well as from Cummings' family) could very well be the reason that we don't have anyone willing to come forth.
    I disagree with this. IMO, people have 'come forth'. IMO, they just might not be saying what some people want to hear.

    I recall one guy going on about how Ron was at the bus stop that last day, paraphrasing, driving like a maniac and endangering the children waiting on the bus. Has he been retaliated against in any way? IMO, that is 'coming forth'.

    There was a letter from Nay-Nay discussing some guy giving an affidavit claiming Misty was at a party with Haleigh and Haleigh ODed. The story that was put out IMO would have put Ron in the clear, yet it seems to me LE investigated and dismissed these claims. It also seems several people 'came forth' disputing this story.

    IMO, people 'aren't willing to come forth' because they have nothing to say because they don't know anything.

    As far as all of LE being corrupt, I don't believe it. LE came out publicly stating Ron is not a suspect. Privately, they may feel completely opposite, however, IMO, when they are faced with things like evidence Ron was at work, I don't know what they are supposed to do. There is no evidence we have showing Ron was not at work, and there is no evidence we have showing Ron did anything to Haleigh. There is a lot of evidence after the fact showing Ron doing things in direct conflict with what a good daddy would do, but those things, while IMO are disgusting and morally reprehensible, are not illegal, like marrying Misty, and running off to NYC for fun, and trying to bully restaurants into giving him free meals, and putting a sign on his pick-up saying "Only God can judge me", etc. etc. Misty, on the other hand, was the last known person to see Haleigh alive, and to my knowledge, there is not a lick of evidence to dispute that. Maybe LE hasn't charged Ron or Misty in Haleigh's disappearance, not because they are all corrupt, and/or in fear of Ron, and/or so intimidated that Ron's mother is/was a dispatcher, etc. etc., but because they do not have the evidence necessary to hold either of them or get a conviction. Since Ron and Misty are both in prison now, I would prefer LE to continue to work this case and hopefully find enough evidence to get a conviction, instead of making charges that won't stick and end up with double jeopardy.
    Last edited by Lanie; 03-18-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:


  47. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Ron filed pro se.
    The docket is now available.

    Fifth District Court of Appeal Case Docket

    Case Number: 5D11-813

    Final Criminal 3.800 Notice from Putnam County

    RONALD CUMMINGS vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

    Lower Tribunal Case(s): 10-145-CF-52, 10-146-CF-52, 10-253-CF-52

    Date Docketed Description Date Due Filed By Notes
    03/11/2011 Notice of Appeal Filed Pro Se - Appellant
    03/11/2011 REC-3.800 SUMM DENIAL

    http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search?pscourt=5
    Does that 2nd line mean this one has been denied?
    What you read is MOO only. If not, it might make sense.

  48. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by kamky View Post
    Or, he's a lot like Tim Miller, who went into the depths of despair after his child disappeared and developed a serious drinking problem. Anyone who loses a child like this really needs professional counseling to get through their grief and anger. If someone has the means, they can afford help. If they can't afford help, then there is a real danger they will end up drinking or abusing drugs. I feel very sorry for someone who winds up like this after losing a child.
    Ronald was not convicted of using drugs. He was convicted of SELLING drugs. Is that a common sign of grief and anger? Becoming a drug pusher? You see any sign that Tim Miller sold?

    Blaise
    YOU PEOPLE ATE CHILI WITHOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

  49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blaise For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ron's Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence
    By krkrjx in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
  3. Ron's possible plea deal?
    By ilovemew in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •