Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 288
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I'm pretty ruthless about this. IMO even if you didn't do it, whatever "it" is, but you lie in the investigation into the disappearance of your child, you might as well be considered guilty because your lying hinders the investigation and makes it more difficult to catch the perp, thus making you as good as an accomplice after the fact.

    I don't really believe that Ron has any deep dark powers over LE either because he is in prison right now but seeing as how it appears that according to LE he hasn't told the truth about something that happened that night it might as well be his alibi and his role in Haleigh's disappearance, as far as I know. If he had some involvement it would explain some of Annette and Teresa's behaviors because he's the only one on the list of obvious suspects that they would try to protect IMO.

    But of course there is no shortage of other suspects.
    Normally, I think an innocent person doesn't lie or change stories, but every single person involved in this case has lied and changed stories, (including Ron), so, unless they all kidnapped and murdered this child together, (& I can't believe that), this case is an exception to my rule...and there have to be reasons, beside being the perp, to lie. and that's the hard part...figuring out each person's own motivation to lie. I have my theories, but they're just guesses. I'd think at least one person would put Haleigh above their own selfish needs, but nobody does!
    Last edited by dodie20; 03-19-2011 at 04:27 PM.


  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  3. #62
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    To kind of answer your question, the following is all MOO based on all the stuff I have come across since this started.

    Ron, the "innocent" father of a missing child, Haleigh:

    Allegedly was abusive to Crystal, Haleigh's and Jr.'s mother.
    Allegedly was abusive to ?, the mother of Ron's other child.
    Allegedly was abusive to Misty.
    I'm guessing the absence or presence of the children did not factor in to when and where the alleged abuse took place.
    Has a record of drug related arrests. IMO abuses drugs. IMO abuses alcohol. Again, absence or presence of children does not seem to be a factor.
    To my knowledge, has little to no contact with his other child, IIRC, a child with some kind of disability.
    According to video, seemed to have no problem letting his little son, Jr., wait around for him so he could conclude his drug trafficking business with a UCLE.

    There's probably a lot more I'm not thinking of, but when I see a man who has displayed the kind of character I feel I have seen from Ron, I have no problem believing a man like this would lie to LE, probably to cover his own butt, maybe over illegal drugs, or illegal guns, or any other stupid thing he may or may not be involved with. I have no problem believing a man like this would be more concerned with himself than he would be with his missing child. I have no problem believing a man like this would be willing to let his precious little girl possibly be going through who knows what kind of he77 before he would be willing to step up and sacrifice himself.

    I also have no problem believing a man like this could be responsible for why his daughter is missing. However, what I absolutely cannot believe, is a man like this has any kind of power, much less the kind that would allow him control over many departments of LE, and power that would intimidate everyone who has any information that would incriminate him to keep their mouths shut.

    So, as much as I don't like Ron, and as much as I think he is capable of hurting one of his kids, IMO, the evidence does not support it. IMO, LE has verified his alibi, and IMO, Ron, as a pi$$ant wannabe, has no power whatsoever over LE, so I believe what LE is saying.

    I don't consider Ron innocent. I consider Ron as not being involved in what happened to Haleigh. To me, those are two different things. So my answer to your questions is because of his track record, Ron lying to LE and not only not helping find his daughter, but IMO impeding LE from finding his daugher, is standard operating procedure for a man like Ron.

    My question would be, with Ron's history even before Haleigh vanished, why would anyone expect him to behave any differently?
    Lanie, Thank You for your thoughtful response to my post. I agree with part of what you have said, and respectfully disagree with part as well.

    I completely agree that Ronald Cummings is NOT a man having “any kind of power, much less the kind that would allow him control over many departments of LE, and power that would intimidate everyone who has any information that would incriminate him to keep their mouths shut.”

    For the sake of decorum only, I will stop shy of proclaiming my agreement with your reference to his being a “pi$$ant wannabe”, but I’ve got to admit, it's got a nice ring to it, LOL.

    However, regarding LE having verified Ronald’s alibi, IIRC, their actual statement said only that they were “satisfied” with his work hours. “Satisfied” is a word that’s been often used by LE in this case.

    Remember this?:

    Police confirmed that both Ronald and Misty have taken polygraph tests and they are "satisfied" with the results.

    http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63252
    LE said they were "satisfied" with Ronald and Misty's polygraph, yet when Misty "miserably failed" the tests arranged by Tim Miller several months later, they said this:

    Putnam County Sheriff's Office says they have been made aware of the tests and the results. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Miller met with investigators Tuesday about the tests.

    Major Gary Bowling with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the information solidifies what investigators already knew.

    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...143952&catid=3
    According to this recent article, apparently LE is actually “satisfied” that Mr. Cummings also failed his polygraph tests:

    The day after five year old Haleigh Cummings was reported missing by her father’s babysitter, then 17 year old girlfriend Misty, and her brother Timmy, agreed to take a police polygraph, as did father Ronald Cummings. As it would turn out, all three would flunk that one, or subsequent lie detector tests.

    http://www.artharris.com/2011/03/02/...lin/#more-5105
    It seems "satisfied" has a double entendre for LE that stops well shy of authentication or verification.

    In respectful response to your closing question, anything less than complete honesty and willingness to help locate his missing child is not a behavior I can begin to comprehend.


    But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3



  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Concerned Papa For This Useful Post:


  5. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I'm pretty ruthless about this. IMO even if you didn't do it, whatever "it" is, but you lie in the investigation into the disappearance of your child, you might as well be considered guilty because your lying hinders the investigation and makes it more difficult to catch the perp, thus making you as good as an accomplice after the fact.

    I don't really believe that Ron has any deep dark powers over LE either because he is in prison right now but seeing as how it appears that according to LE he hasn't told the truth about something that happened that night it might as well be his alibi and his role in Haleigh's disappearance, as far as I know. If he had some involvement it would explain some of Annette and Teresa's behaviors because he's the only one on the list of obvious suspects that they would try to protect IMO.

    But of course there is no shortage of other suspects.
    although I've been accused of being a bleeding heart, I can be pretty ruthless too. If it comes out that Ron had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance except negligence, I'll still want him to pay. In his deal, unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't offered any immunity in Haleigh's case, so I believe he will be tended to. MOO. The fact that he's in prison for 15 years, says a lot about LE's determination to extract some sort of justice. IMO, they want to see him punished.


  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  7. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    I agree with most of this. What I keep reminding myself is that in Normal circumstances, Ron's background would be enough to point to guilt, but these aren't Normal circumstances. It's not like his badness was an exception to the rule. Everybody he associated with and had in and out of his house, suffered from the same kind of badness. Seriously what throws me the most in this case, besides the compulsive lying, is how so many different people could have a believable case built against him/her. & I mean a danged good case. everything from drugs, guns, theft, intimidation, obstruction, endangerment, kidnap, murder, & on & on & on..... MOO.
    Thank you, Dodie.

    Believe it or not, I have no vested interest in Ron not doing it, I would just like to have some conversation with someone else even entertaining the possibility someone else did it. My #1 suspect is Misty, but there are others I consider possibilities, too. Maybe Haleigh really was thrown in the St John's River, and no trace of her will ever be found, but maybe that entire story was a lie, and if so, I want to talk about who else could have done it, why they would have done it, and maybe that will lead to some good ideas of where else Haleigh could be.

    It makes me sick every time I think of that poor baby out there lost somewhere with the people who should be heartbroken about this seeming to, IMO, have forgotten all about her. If Misty acted alone, I don't think Haleigh is in the river, but I can't come up with any good alternate options. My memory is really good on a lot of the details, but I'm terrible on the geography and where people lived, etc. If it was Misty and Tommy, or Misty, Tommy and Joe, where else could she be? I don't think it was TN, but hey, maybe it was. What would she have done with her?

    I just think if we tried to come up with different scenarios, who knows what could happen. Maybe a local lurker would read something that would get them going, and they might think to look somewhere and actually find Haleigh. How great would that be?


  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:


  9. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Lanie, Thank You for your thoughtful response to my post. I agree with part of what you have said, and respectfully disagree with part as well.

    I completely agree that Ronald Cummings is NOT a man having “any kind of power, much less the kind that would allow him control over many departments of LE, and power that would intimidate everyone who has any information that would incriminate him to keep their mouths shut.”

    For the sake of decorum only, I will stop shy of proclaiming my agreement with your reference to his being a “pi$$ant wannabe”, but I’ve got to admit, it's got a nice ring to it, LOL.

    However, regarding LE having verified Ronald’s alibi, IIRC, their actual statement said only that they were “satisfied” with his work hours. “Satisfied” is a word that’s been often used by LE in this case.

    Remember this?:



    LE said they were "satisfied" with Ronald and Misty's polygraph, yet when Misty "miserably failed" the tests arranged by Tim Miller several months later, they said this:



    According to this recent article, apparently LE is actually “satisfied” that Mr. Cummings also failed his polygraph tests:



    It seems "satisfied" has a double entendre for LE that stops well shy of authentication or verification.

    In respectful response to your closing question, anything less than complete honesty and willingness to help locate his missing child is not a behavior I can begin to comprehend.
    I don't have the link, so take it or leave it, but in at least one news story, LE states there is video confirming Ron was at work.
    Also, and I realize this is a matter of viewpoint, to me, LE pretending they don't think someone did it when they really do think that someone did it is more of a short-term ploy, and IMO, that ship has sailed. Also a matter of personal opinion, I don't believe LE, if they really believed Ron did it, would cut any kind of a deal with a person they know has been less than honest with them throughout when they have him fair and square on a 25 year sentence. Maybe if he provided the body, but any less than that, I'm not buying it.

    And finally, the BBM.

    I understand what you are saying, and in some respects, I agree. The thing is, I try very hard when looking at this stuff to remove myself and my biases as much as possible. Would I lie to LE if my child was missing? No, absolutely not. But, if Ron has done 1,000 things, I wouldn't have done 999 of them, at least. So, if this makes any sense, while I can't understand doing what Ron has done, looking at Ron and everything I know about who he is, I do understand how RON does what he has done.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:


  11. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Thank you, Dodie.

    Believe it or not, I have no vested interest in Ron not doing it, I would just like to have some conversation with someone else even entertaining the possibility someone else did it. My #1 suspect is Misty, but there are others I consider possibilities, too. Maybe Haleigh really was thrown in the St John's River, and no trace of her will ever be found, but maybe that entire story was a lie, and if so, I want to talk about who else could have done it, why they would have done it, and maybe that will lead to some good ideas of where else Haleigh could be.

    It makes me sick every time I think of that poor baby out there lost somewhere with the people who should be heartbroken about this seeming to, IMO, have forgotten all about her. If Misty acted alone, I don't think Haleigh is in the river, but I can't come up with any good alternate options. My memory is really good on a lot of the details, but I'm terrible on the geography and where people lived, etc. If it was Misty and Tommy, or Misty, Tommy and Joe, where else could she be? I don't think it was TN, but hey, maybe it was. What would she have done with her?

    I just think if we tried to come up with different scenarios, who knows what could happen. Maybe a local lurker would read something that would get them going, and they might think to look somewhere and actually find Haleigh. How great would that be?
    I haven't ruled out anybody, but my tentative money is on Tommy. & for some reason, I think he put her in the woods. I think he put some kind of evidence in the water, but kept her exact location, (as an insurance policy for himself), a secret from LE. I think Misty either went with him , (with a knife to her throat?), or he later told her & maybe showed her where he put her. For a lot of reasons, I think she is covering for Tommy, not Ronald. If Misty is the perp, her screaming & crying on the phone, would point to a very quick & very close by disposal. If she got home & found a dead Haleigh & ironically called Tommy for help, that would also point to a quick & close disposal. But, because of LE reportedly offering Misty immunity, I guess she's a lot more involved than discovery after the fact. But in my gut, I believe if Misty was there at the time, she put up a fight for Haleigh. MOO.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  13. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't have the link, so take it or leave it, but in at least one news story, LE states there is video confirming Ron was at work.
    Also, and I realize this is a matter of viewpoint, to me, LE pretending they don't think someone did it when they really do think that someone did it is more of a short-term ploy, and IMO, that ship has sailed. Also a matter of personal opinion, I don't believe LE, if they really believed Ron did it, would cut any kind of a deal with a person they know has been less than honest with them throughout when they have him fair and square on a 25 year sentence. Maybe if he provided the body, but any less than that, I'm not buying it.

    And finally, the BBM.

    I understand what you are saying, and in some respects, I agree. The thing is, I try very hard when looking at this stuff to remove myself and my biases as much as possible. Would I lie to LE if my child was missing? No, absolutely not. But, if Ron has done 1,000 things, I wouldn't have done 999 of them, at least. So, if this makes any sense, while I can't understand doing what Ron has done, looking at Ron and everything I know about who he is, I do understand how RON does what he has done.
    Somebody could lie to LE about his missing child for a several reasons besides guilt. 1, he knows what happened, he's semi involved, & the truth won't bring her back, & will cause problems for himself. 2, he has an idea of what happened, he's semi involved, & the truth won't bring her back & will cause problems for himself. 3, he has no idea what happened, or who was involved, but being a very selfish person, he decides to not cause problems for himself. 4, he's covering for the perp. I'm sure there are more, but these are a few that popped into my head. MOO.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  15. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    751
    It has been a long time since I have posted here. But I still stop in at least once a day to see if just maybe something has broken loose. I don't know what happened here either.... but so much surrounding this crime is familiar to me. I once lived in an area in Florida very similar to this town. Same kind of people.... innocent (naive and otherwise)ones..... sad ones (we have sure seen alot of these in this case)..... drugs rampant and crime equally awful. Yep, there was corruption, deep seated corruption and dealt with by looking the other way. Hear no evil see no evil. NOT sayin' this is the case, only that it is not uncommon in the communities in rural Florida. Way back in the beginning of this case I read here that some of Ron's close relatives were members of a motorcycle gang. I don't have the references at hand but I remember them clearly. No one has mentioned this in quite awhile.... this is probably a good thing but since I am a long way from there I feel comfortable reminding. This could be important. There really are gangs in Florida that have a lot of influence over officials of all kinds... I know this from personal experience. This does not mean RON has power.... but there may be some who do. I think these people removed H after the fact (whatever the he77 happened) and put her in a safe spot. If this is the case she probably won't be found and would explain why Ron and Company aren't worried about that. They are worried that maybe evidence is left somewhere of what did happen..... they weren't in control of what Ron may have done before their involvement.... He is not a very smart criminal he just has really dependable back up.... IMO
    Last edited by redfish; 03-19-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: I forgot to remind that this only MY opinion.


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:


  17. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,215
    IF I was Ronald Cummings and there was a video proving I was at work 30 to 45 minutes before my shift started until I left work at 3:00 am the next morning, I would be demanding that video be released to all news media in order to prove I was innocent...JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

    JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW


  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:


  19. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    751
    I don't think Ronald cares what "we" think.... he truely believes it does not matter.... he believes no one can prove a thing. That again is just my opinion. based on the expression on his face everytime he gets his smug mug in front of a camera.... exception being when they took his mug shot for prison!


  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,736
    snipped for space..
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    .. He is not a very smart criminal he just has really dependable back up.... IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    I don't think Ronald cares what "we" think.... he truely believes it does not matter.... he believes no one can prove a thing.
    I totally agree with you, redfish. Ron is not a smart criminal he just has really dependable back up...That is what I believe...I also believe that Ron feels as if LE cannot prove thing and that's why he, along with others, have hindered this investigation for so long....Even Tommy is confident that LE will not be able to prove a thing...how can Ron and Tommy both be so confident? That doesn't make any sense but yet I feel it is what it is. You have them both communicating the night Haleigh "disappeared....

    Everytime I think about Ron and Tommy being confident that nothing will be found...it makes me think about the comments from some of the family members...
    "I don't squeal on family"-Ron's uncle, iirc.
    "Prove it"- Annette Sykes
    "We want proof"-Cummings family members.

    It seems Ron and Tommy may not be the only ones confident that nothing will be found, kwim?

    jmo


  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suspicious1 For This Useful Post:


  23. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    snipped for space..




    I totally agree with you, redfish. Ron is not a smart criminal he just has really dependable back up...That is what I believe...I also believe that Ron feels as if LE cannot prove thing and that's why he, along with others, have hindered this investigation for so long....Even Tommy is confident that LE will not be able to prove a thing...how can Ron and Tommy both be so confident? That doesn't make any sense but yet I feel it is what it is. You have them both communicating the night Haleigh "disappeared....

    Everytime I think about Ron and Tommy being confident that nothing will be found...it makes me think about the comments from some of the family members...
    "I don't squeal on family"-Ron's uncle, iirc.
    "Prove it"- Annette Sykes
    "We want proof"-Cummings family members.

    It seems Ron and Tommy may not be the only ones confident that nothing will be found, kwim?
    jmo
    bbm Everytime I have seen any of the Cummings on camera - no matter what the topic - I hear a silent "Believe or don't, PROVE IT" on the end of it....


  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:


  25. #73
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    bbm Everytime I have seen any of the Cummings on camera - no matter what the topic - I hear a silent "Believe or don't, PROVE IT" on the end of it....
    Annette made a finger gun and threatened someone at the courthouse once. I am pretty sure it was at Mistys sentencing or something. The nerve of that woman is thick. That is a rough lady. Two of her daughters appear to not have raised their own children and turned them over to Annette, I am starting to wonder if they even had a choice in the matter, and Hope, Crystal Cummings and Ronald all turned out terrible, do you sense a pattern yet? Her son Don Squires was arrested last summer for basically beating the crap out of someone so bad it was considered deadly intent, I am sure that case has probably disappeared somehow. I am sick of the intimidation this weird family seems to have, when I think of his uncle, I think of Ron in his own words talking about how he was going to mangle someones hands, and that he would get away with it. And then lets factor in the Cummings, same story but they brag about being in a biker gang, and are proud and happy to mess someone up if need be, case in point, one of his uncles shooting a gun in a bar parking lot over a family squabble, do you sense a pattern here yet? It makes me sad that a Judge gave Ronald those kids and it pains me what those kids had been exposed to, and of course Haleigh is dead, and it is Rons fault, no matter what. And using logic, really any side of RONS family would help him coverup something, I am sure it wasn't the first time.

    I think Annette Sykes needs to be hauled into the jail.
    Last edited by Chablis; 03-20-2011 at 10:39 AM.


  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:


  27. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    IMO, LE has narrowed down to a few hours when Haleigh disappeared, and IMO, LE has also verified Ron's alibi for those hours in question. So I guess we will respectfully agree to disagree.
    IMO.. IF LE hasn't realized whatever happened to Haleigh occurred several hours before GGMS claimed she saw Haleigh alive and well eating green beans on a cold front porch at dark thirty that night then LE hasn't narrowed down anything in reference to the time frame concerning what happened to Haleigh..
    Also, IF I'm not mistaken a witness has come forth and stated Ronald Cummings was standing on his front porch sometime during the news hour requesting money..So IMO Ronald Cummings was not at his place of employment during the entire duration of the shift he was assigned to work....JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

    JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:


  29. #75
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    IMO.. IF LE hasn't realized whatever happened to Haleigh occurred several hours before GGMS claimed she saw Haleigh alive and well eating green beans on a cold front porch at dark thirty that night then LE hasn't narrowed down anything in reference to the time frame concerning what happened to Haleigh..
    Also, IF I'm not mistaken a witness has come forth and stated Ronald Cummings was standing on his front porch sometime during the news hour requesting money..So IMO Ronald Cummings was not at his place of employment during the entire duration of the shift he was assigned to work....JMHO
    And he was fired for job abandonment. He abandoned his job and I would bet in a sense he was relieved he didn't have to work anymore and could sit around doing drugs and dealing, and chilling with Misty, and he could say, I am so greif stricken I can never work, actually he did say in this story he would probably never be able to work again. It actually makes me sick, because out of Haleighs life being taken, he used it as a forever excuse of why he could never be a real man and get a real job, even though families like the Dugards and the Walshs, and the Millers had no choice to go on and did, and did not become imprisoned and take sweet deals in exchange for you in the future telling the TRUTH about your missing child. If Nancy Grace would have been hard on him this probably would have turned out like the Melinda Duckett story.


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:


Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ron's Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence
    By krkrjx in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
  3. Ron's possible plea deal?
    By ilovemew in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •