Police: 5 killed in I-10 crash in Baton Rouge

Dark Knight

Reaction score
BATON ROUGE, La. – Louisiana State Police say five people have been killed in a fiery head-on crash on Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge.

Lt. Doug Cain says a westbound car at about 8 p.m. Sunday crossed the median and into the path of an eastbound car. He says the five in the car traveling east were killed and burned beyond recognition.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110314/ap_on_re_us/us_baton_rouge_crash

Once, again, offering my prayers up for the souls of the victims and the family and friends left behind, in Jesus' Name, amen!

I surely do hate to hear about this. It is such a shame. The family and friends of the victims of this crash are in my prayers.

Sounds like an innocent family was taken out by road rage from other drivers.
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=14244097
one of the drivers may have provoked the other, leading to violent behavior while behind the wheel.
"Obviously, they were playing tag or chase or the other truck had made him mad at some point. It was a case of road rage or something of that effect," he stated.

I do not want to think about losing 5 family members/friends at once. Prayers for all.

Wrecks are generically called "accidents", but a lot can happen in traffic in just an instant. Sadly, it appears 5 lives were lost because a couple other drivers were monkeying around at highway speeds. Furthermore, alcohol may have contibuted to the deadly crash. NOT AN ACCIDENT!!! I hope charges will be made against the responsible parties.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=14244097
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Louisiana State Police say three of the five people killed in Sunday's interstate crash were children.
The children were ages 3, 7, and 11, Louisiana State Police said. The two adult victims were both 29-year-old females. All of the victims are from Prairieville, Louisiana.

Cops: Road rage behind deaths of 5 in BR crash
http://www.wwl.com/pages/9431665.php

State Police say they have arrested two drivers involved in a Baton Rouge crash that killed five people, including three children.

Police arrested David Leger and Kelsye Hall, charging both with multiple counts of vehicular and negligent homicide.

Investigators say both drivers were involved in a case of "road rage" that led to the deaths of five people in another vehicle that was not involved in the initial "road rage" incident.

Police say the chain-reaction of events started when Leger was trying to pass Hall on Interstate 10. Investigators say Hall was straddling the center line of the interstate in an attempt to keep Leger from passing. When Leger drove onto the right shoulder to attempt to pass Hall, that's when police say Hall moved into the right lane to block Leger.

Cops say as Leger tried to pass Hall, Leger's vehicle clipped Hall's SUV, sending Leger's vehicle across the median and head-on into a car carrying five members of a family.

Those five family members were killed in the fiery crash. Three young children were among the dead.

State police investigators say Leger and Hall had been involved in some kind of confrontation earlier on the interstate.

Police say Leger was driving drunk at the time of the incident

I live close to where this happened and it is horrific to think that so many INNOCENT people died because David Leger chose to drink and drive aggressively and Kelsye Hall chose to take it upon herself to aggressively keep him from passing her by straddling the two lanes and blocking him.
Leger ended up wrecking into the victims after he and Kelsye Hall clipped bumpers and she just kept going and did not turn herself in until witnesses came forward and she knew it was only a matter of time before she was caught. It's quite possible she was drinking also but we will never know that since she she wasn't arrested till days after the crash.
This is something to really thing about the next time someone drives in a way that makes you mad and makes you want to retaliate. The people who died suffered horrifically just because two idiot with road rage issues met up on the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back