KY - Children found on road, mom snorted bath salts

MorenoI

Reaction score
Im confused about the "BATH SALTS" are they like the calgon take me away bath salts or is it a drug thats just being called bath salts? What ever they are they need to be outlawed and quick. Ive heard so many storys of kids hallucinating and killing themselves or others. Why is this drug allowed to be bought in convienience stores,over the counter by anyone?

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...cle_e9f69255-529b-5f3c-8f44-83c5eace25c6.html

"The powders sold as "Ivory Snow," "Bliss," "Vanilla Sky" and other brand names are not common bath salts and contain the ingredients MDPV or mephedrone, stimulants that can cause rapid heart rates, seizures and hallucinations."

This stuff is dangerous and it's NOT illegal...

I've heard from a friend who is a substance abuse counselor that some of her most hardened addicts won't touch this stuff it's THAT scary.....

easy to OD on because it takes a while to start working the chemicals aren't evening dispersed in the salts. so 1 snort can have little effect while the second can be soo concentrated you go crazy......

YOu can read on internet forums in the UK about people who tried it and every single 1 of them said they won't try it again on the forum i was reading.

it's a drug...sold as "bath salts" and totally legal. Sold under such names as Ivory Wave, Bliss, White Lightning and Hurricane Charlie, the chemicals can cause hallucinations, paranoia, a rapid heart rate and suicidal thoughts, authorities say. In addition to bath salts, the chemicals can be found in plant foods that are sold legally at convenience stores and on the Internet. However, they aren't necessarily being used for the purposes on the label.

OMG ! She is so lucky her children are not dead :furious: WTH is wrong with people !
She drops her two year old and left him on the side of the interstate, JUST LEFT THEM !

SNIPPED..............................................................

Palmer was traveling to Fort Campbell, Tenn. with her two small children. Palmer told troopers that she had ben snorting bath salts and began to hallucinate while driving, said investigators.

Palmer's actions made her stop her car along the roadway and began to carry her children along the westbound lanes, said Patterson.

The woman says she dropped her 2-year-old on the road and left him. It is believed this is what caused the head injury to the child, according to the trooper's report.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=14163078

14163078_BG1.jpg

of the day award !

Somewhere on the forum we have an entire thread on the "bath salts".

I'll go look for it.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine what that 5 year old must have been thinking!?

Way to go mother of the year...

And in case you were wondering, no your 2 year old was not the devil genius...

From the last 2 articles linked from MorenoI:

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/state/Bath-Salts_10727241
Caleb indicated that his mother pulled over because she thought there was a bomb in the car, but he tried to tell her it wasn't real, the newspaper reported.

Austin tried to follow his mother and brother away from the car, but collapsed in the passing lane, Green said. Caleb tried to get him to stand up, Green said.

Austin couldn't get up and his mother continued walking a distance police estimated at 50 yards before sitting down on the other side of the interstate's westbound lanes.

The injured boy underwent surgery in Louisville for a head injury that exposed his brain. The boy will need at least one more surgery but is now out of the hospital, walking and talking.

But doctors may not know the extent of his neurological impairment for years.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/d966f8de2a5d42ec9cb2a9e9ecb16164/KY--Bath-Salts/

"Caleb said his mother believed Austin was a demon or evil spirit, and that's why she hit him," Green testified.

Dr. Andrea Toroli, assistant professor of pediatric forensics at Kosair Children's Hospital, told Green the depth of Austin's skull fractures indicated he had been hit on the head with a blunt object.

"She said this is not at all consistent with a child being dropped," Green testified.

Caleb indicated that his mother hit his brother with a box-like object, like a chair that folds into a box. Officers found two folding stools in the family car.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yeah, I've seen this on here, very scary stuff. Extremely informative!!

I can only wonder what this woman was thinking, not only have people severely mutilated themselves by taking this stuff, she saw nothing wrong with driving down the road with her babies in the car only to have this happen...

Cant push rewind...

2 kids scarred for life. & Why? Because mom had to get high!?

Very nice.

OMG!! she's demented! I hope she never gets these poor babies back!
A head wound that exposed his brain??

She was "with it" enough to lie and say she dropped him!!!!!!

Thank god for the drivers who contacted police right away about the children, they saved their precious little lives .........

OMG. Those poor babies! I hope she gets the help she needs so she can be the mother her kids need. She's not demented, the drug makes you demented. I so hate addiction!

"We are not bad people trying to get good, we are sick people trying to get well"

I get what you're saying lost girl.. Trust me I do ;)

But she had enough wits about her to lie and say she dropped him.... so all the blame cannot be on the drugs.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back