1176 users online (244 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Cathy Scott, 54, shot to death at her Leesburg home, 14 March 2011

LEESBURG, GA. -- A woman has been fatally shot in the head – that according to early reports from Lee County.

Investigators from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the G-B-I are on the scene at a home on River Road.

Early indications are that the woman’s body was found under the carport of her home around 7:00 PM.

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/st...4943&id=592870
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 7:39 PM EDT
    Updated: Mar 14, 2011 8:40 PM EDT

A Lee County woman was shot three times and killed this evening.

The shooting happened around 7 pm at a house at the corner of Old Smithville Road and River Road in Lee County.

She was found in the carport of the home and rushed by ambulance to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14250638
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    The first link says investigators are questioning her husband... I hope it's routine questioning. There is way too much 'husbands killing wives' going on.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    The first link says investigators are questioning her husband... I hope it's routine questioning. There is way too much 'husbands killing wives' going on.
    Sadly that is going to turnout to be the case.

Her husband waited for the police to show up and has confessed to murdering her.

It is shocking. Murders in Leesburg, Georgia are extremely rare.

Chief Moore has been the PC there for many years and he can't remember a case where it has happened.

But I do remember one that happened back in the late 70s or early 80s where a state patrolman murdered his wife inside of their Leesburg home.

So sad, Cathy and Anthony Scott, both had very good jobs and both worked at the Marine Corps Logistic Base in Albany.

And they were in their 50s. Probably had been married many years.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14251722

From October 2012:

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/201...ts-lee-county/

The jury found Scott was guilty of malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during a felony.

"He was sentenced to life in prison on the charges plus five years for the gun charge (by Judge James Sizemore)," Lamb said.