Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Posting this in AG's thread because of the freaky behaviour and aggression towards women shown by this suspect.
    http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/ar...workers-linked

John Burman
    Sat Sep 3 2011

Police believe attacks on Barton Street sex workers linked

Police fear someone is stalking and attacking Hamilton sex trade workers.

Hamilton police say there have been two attacks on Barton Street East in the past week — on Aug. 22 and 29 — where the suspect and his behaviour were similar.

An attack in July of last year also bears striking similarities, they say.

Detective Sergeant Maggie Schoen, head of the victims of crime unit, said police have put out a warning to sex workers about the bad date via the Elizabeth Fry Society.

Investigators are asking for public help tracking this person down because they believe there is a good chance the attacks are linked.

They’ve also asking all Ontario police services about similar incidents or “persons of interest.”

The suspect is described as clean looking white man in his 30s who is 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10. He has an athletic build, muscular abdomen and shaved head. He speaks English with no accent.

Police say the suspect wore either a blue T-shirt with white lettering or a red T-shirt with a Portuguese symbol on it, and patterned shorts.

The car is described as a white four-door with a light grey interior and blue dash lights. Anyone with further information is asked to contact Detective Scott Moore at 905-546-4614 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

I see Ms Gleaves murder has slipped to the second page. I really would like her killer caught.
    This is probably not related but there are similarities. Elderly person living alone, stabbed and killed on a holiday.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:

The murder of Mr. Burnett cuts me to the quick as he sounds very much like my own father. My Daddy was a Baptist deacon and known all throughout Central Texas for his rich baritone. His favorite singers were Paul Robson and George Beverly Shea. The song for which my Daddy was most well known was "The Old Rugged Cross" and he sang it at many a Baptist funeral--Methodist and Presbyterian too.

It's not clear whether Mr. Burnett was at church this last Sunday but he was found dead on Tuesday. Note that they state that they had to turn on the lights upstairs to find his body. So, most likely the murder was committed in broad daylight--possibly while he was napping. He could have held to a strict routine and typically would have been out for his walk when a robber broke in, discovered him and killed him. But to stab an elderly gentleman in the neck? Really?

I'm reminded of the gruesome murder of the murder of Irena Roszak. She, too, was stabbed to death in her bed. We have a thread:

WI~"Satanic Thrill Killer", Austin Davis Sentenced for murder of 93 yr. old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

"....Austin Davis and another suspect, Christopher Roalson, are accused of breaking into the home of 93 year old Irena Roszak in May of 2009 and stabbing her repeatedly. Authorities describe the murder as a satanic 'thrill killing'...."

One young man has already been convicted and the other is awaiting trial early next year. They admitted to the satanic component.

I checked the occult and satanic high dates for this week and there are a number:

Aug. 24
    Satanic Mania

Aug. 28
    Satanic Feast of Nephthys
    (wife of Set Goddess of Death)

Sept 6
    Satanic
    Marriage to Satan
    Sexual Sacrifice
    Dismemberment

Sept 7
    Satanic
    Feast of the Beast

Who knows if any of these dates might be linked to Mr. Burnett's death at all but it's worth considering--being that the killing seemed so random. As was Ms. Gleave's.

May he rest in Jesus' arms. He surely believed that's where he was going.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-14-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Unrelated, but perhaps noteworthy.
    http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/ar...-student-party

STABBING Exterior of 69 Royal at Emerson where a stabbing occurred early this morning.
    Cathie Coward/The Hamilton Spectator

"Four people are in hospital after being stabbed during a wild fight at a crowded west-end home early Friday

Police and paramedics were called to a home on Royal Avenue near Emerson Street south of Main Street West at 4:30 a.m. after part of a crowd that was dispersed outside a student gathering at Club 77 downtown went to the home for an after party.

Police say they had to contend with a rowdy crowd of about 400 university students from various schools in southern Ontario – including many from McMaster -- outside the King William Street bar

The group had been banned McMaster’s campus last year, according to McMaster spokesperson Andrea Farquhar. The details on why they were banned are forthcoming. She noted there is no connection between the university and the group.

On the event’s Facebook page, NLE said they were selling tickets for the event in the student centre. The last two wall posts dating back to just past midnight read, “FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT,” and “WE COMING IN.”
    "
    "

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/ar...in-his-own-bed
    The 83-year-old was found around 7 p.m. Tuesday after friends from his church arrived with a meal and could not get an answer. Neighbours said the visitors called one of Burnett’s sons, who kicked in a door when he arrived. The small group searched the house and, when they got upstairs, turned on the lights and found Burnett lying in bed with a knife in his neck.

Ashline Hall was near tears when she spoke of her former neighbour’s death. She said he was one of the nicest people on the street. She and her family would help him shovel snow, take out the garbage and run errands for him because he was always by himself

Thanks for the link Canadian4, this is very troubling!
    Last edited by dotr; 09-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Yes, note the "turned on the lights". What's that all about? I wonder if they know the approximate time of death yet?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

The threat of potential sexual attack on elderly female in Toronto, might be worth noting here. ..
    http://www.680news.com/news/local/ar...ity-s-west-end
    Police warn of potential sex offender in city's west end

680News staffSep 11, 2011 12:42:14 Pm

TORONTO, Ont. - Toronto police are warning people about a potential sex offender in the Jane Street and Shoreham Drive area, after a 79-year-old woman was approached late Saturday night.

Police allege the woman was waiting for an elevator when a man got out and started following her toward a friend's house.

The woman was able to enter the home, but before she closed the door man said, "I want her."

The suspect is described as a black male in his mid 30s, standing approximately 6 feet tall with a heavy build.

He has short black hair and was wearing black pants, a sleeveless purple shirt and had something covering his head.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Audrey's thread from page 2
    Det.Sgt.Hrab is also the lead detective
    Hamilton police say 83-year-old murder victim knew his killer

VIDEO : http://www.globaltoronto.com/pages/m...439&mediaID=10
    Story : http://www.globaltoronto.com/hamilto...439/story.html
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Ms. Roszak of Wisconsin also knew her killer. She'd known one of the young men when he was a child. He'd grown up with her grandchildren and played in her home. Ms. Roszak's daughter was one of his teachers. When the men went looking for a victim and were scared off from one house, one remembered that Ms. Roszak lived alone and led the other man there.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Ms. Roszak of Wisconsin also knew her killer. She'd known one of the young men when he was a child. He'd grown up with her grandchildren and played in her home. Ms. Roszak's daughter was one of his teachers. When the men went looking for a victim and were scared off from one house, one remembered that Ms. Roszak lived alone and led the other man there.
    Thanks Missizzy. Seems to me the common denominator in many of the 'break and enter' cases is the victims lived alone. Not only they were vulnerable and easy targets because of that, but perhaps they were even happy to have someone knocking at their door
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian4 View Post
    I see Ms Gleaves murder has slipped to the second page. I really would like her killer caught.
    This is probably not related but there are similarities. Elderly person living alone, stabbed and killed on a holiday.
    Surprising followup to that story...
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../18696241.html
    HAMILTON, Ont. - Neighbours say George Washington Burnett was a "man of God" who sat on his porch watching the world go by.

But the man who was buried Friday after he was found murdered Sept. 6 in his Stirton Ave. home with a knife in his neck, was also a convicted child molester who was sentenced to three years jail in 1993.

Court documents show on May 10, 1993, he pleaded guilty to charges of incest and sexual assault involving two children under 14 and a woman. The incidents occurred between 1975 and 1977

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

New Article! pics too!
    http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-audrey-gleave
    Who Was Audrey Gleave?

"PART ONE - OVERKILL: Jon Wells tells the story of the woman who died the way she always feared she would in this first of four part series.

By Jon Wells

The Hamilton Spectator

Even in daylight the house seems hidden, set well back from the country road called Indian Trail, the property cloistered among tall trees and next to a small cemetery.

Her home sits on the outskirts of the hamlet of Lynden, between Ancaster and Brantford, the nearest gas station 15 kilometres away.

It is a long drive down the laneway, between two murky ponds. In the late day sun, it is dead silent but for rustling leaves and the buzz of insects. Flies swarm aggressively, as though protecting their territory"

"She hadn’t used the library much, though. She still enjoyed her books, but spent most of her time in front of one of two big flat-screen TVs or her computer.

Audrey was 73, a retired high school teacher and, many years ago, a master’s student in nuclear physics at McMaster University.

She had always kept details of her past hidden, even from those close to her. For years she met for coffee every Wednesday with retired teacher friends from Westdale Secondary School. They had no idea that Audrey had herself attended Westdale".

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

From above link
    "Audrey always shared jokes, articles and videos by email. But this one was different. It was a concert rendition of a spiritual hymn. She was not a religious person, though, and never forwarded songs".

"He spoke of a vicious stabbing but did not talk about other weapons — at least one other had been used — or the nature of the “sexual component” (it had included a perverse act that went beyond a conventional assault; the killer had taken something from the victim as though making off with a souvenir.)"

Sorry to cram in another post, but wow! With all due respect to AG, after reading about earlier marriages at a young age-I really had to wonder if perhaps adoption might play a role somehow...

"Audrey confirmed two previous marriages, but would tell Allan little about them. Allan never asked her much about it. He knew better than to try, she was too private.

She did not tell him she had been just 16 when she first married. That one had not lasted long. The second, in her 20s, was to Larry Blake, who worked at Stelco. They lived on Fairleigh Avenue South."
    Last edited by dotr; 09-17-2011 at 11:12 AM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Really great articles, I can't wait to see the next part. From the articles a few things I found interesting:
    Audrey always thought she would be raped and murdered. The profile of the killer someone younger who lives nearby. And this: LE talking about the murder...

He spoke of a vicious stabbing but did not talk about other weapons — at least one other had been used — or the nature of the “sexual component” (it had included a perverse act that went beyond a conventional assault; the killer had taken something from the victim as though making off with a souvenir.)

The "as though making off with a souvenir" makes me wonder if a body part had been taken.
    Last edited by colette; 09-17-2011 at 04:53 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quoted from dotr:

I really had to wonder if perhaps adoption might play a role somehow...

It's strange you'd mention this just now - a long while back I was thinking that adoption might have been involved somehow as well!

And now this "sexual component" seems all the more bizarre.

You know guys - I've also considered that perhaps AG had female lovers. Or, perhaps even student lovers? I'm not speaking ill of Audrey; rather I'm really trying to come to grips with this whole thing. Audrey was human and as a human she would have had human desires and also human flaws (reference to the student lover).

ETA: This really hit me from the FBI profile:

“(The killer) has knowledge that an elderly female lives there by herself,” said Mark Safarik, a retired FBI profiler with expertise in violent crime against the elderly.

Safarik said those who kill the elderly “are not opportunistic offenders. They are not breaking into a place and stumbling upon the victim. He knows she’s there, know she’s by herself, and he goes there with intent to sexually assault and murder her. This is different than prior research suggesting women were opportunistic victims of non-violent offenders who become violent at the scene.”

These are angry young men with pent-up rage toward women and likely live with a female authority figure, he said. They are socially incompetent men who perceive little control in their lives, are typically undereducated, have substance abuse problems and are unemployed or in a menial job.

“For these guys, there is not a lot of planning, and they don’t stay at the scene long. They leave evidence, don’t clean up. They don’t think that far ahead.”

They use far more violence than necessary to kill. Overkill is indicative of their anger. This had been the case on Indian Trail.

Last edited by No_Stone_Unturned; 09-17-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: to add quote
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    -------------------------------------------
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast