1373 users online (296 members and 1077 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

The Killing Season News
This page is dedicated to A&E's The Killing Season - an immersive true crime series following filmmakers, Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills, as they uncover a real-life American nightmare while investigating the Long Island Serial Killer and other unsolved cases across the country.

• TONIGHT SEASON FINALE - Join Josh and Rachel tonight on Twitter, #TheKillingSeason, as they discuss the final two episodes of The Killing Season! Tweeting starts at 8:30 PM Eastern final episodes on A&E start at 9:00 PM Eastern
  • WEBSLEUTHS RADIO - Every Tuesday, join Josh, Rachel and special guests to discuss the latest episode and share your theories on air.
    Next show this Tuesday, Dec 6th 8-9:30 PM EST Episodes 7 and 8 DiscussedCLICK HERE

Join the Long Island Serial Killer discussion going now, RIGHT HERE on Websleuths

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I'm so blown away by all of this. Where is Shannan? Who did they find? Btw, This case will be on Nancy grace tonight...

This is just crazy!
    Atlantic City, Shannan Gilbert fifth victim of serial killer in NY
    http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-in...rial-killer-ny
    snip
    Suffolk County homicide detectives have notified Gilbert's family that her body has been found, according to a statement released by the police.

NY police say latest remains found on beach highway are not those of missing woman
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...?docId=6422527

Sometime media just drive me nuts

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4617837/
    Serial Killer on Long Island?
    Mar 31, 2011
    - 1:41 -
    Police uncover 5th body near Gilgo Beach

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. — The remains of a fifth body found along a remote New York beach highway are not those of a missing New Jersey prostitute last seen in the area nearly a year ago, police said Thursday.

Suffolk County Police said in a statement that the family of Shannan Gilbert has been notified that forensic testing determined the remains found Tuesday along Ocean Parkway on a narrow barrier island leading to Jones Beach on New York’s Long island were not those of the missing Jersey City, N.J., woman.

“You prepare for the worst, and then you find out it’s not her. How do you take it?” said 23-year-old Sherre Gilbert, of upstate Ellenville. “I am just scared that it’s going to turn into a cold case and we’re never going to find her.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/p...#ixzz1FHRHv4gu
    The World Has Gone Mad.

So it's her or it isn't? I hope the family at least knows the truth by now. So much misinformation around...

Quote Originally Posted by bearschick View Post
    Depends on what you mean by out there. Ocean Parkway is about 15 miles from end to end.
    From The Begining Of Jones Beach to Robert Moses State Park.

Quote Originally Posted by svpernin View Post
    So it's her or it isn't? I hope the family at least knows the truth by now. So much misinformation around...
    I trying to find a way to email that lady that post that on exmainer

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I trying to find a way to email that lady that post that on exmainer
    Good call, she's the only one saying it's her.

thank you for your efforts tfroning! I have much real life stuff to do but keep checking in here. I am very confused.....

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

I email Examiner! we see I had to go to the corp office I could not find away to contact her.

I bet LE is really freaking out right now, since it is not poor Melissa. They had a press conference in December saying finding more bodies is unlikely.

So who is this poor girl?? Could it be, as someone posted here few days ago, could it be Elena Jazmir Lozada who has been missing since July 6, 2010??

OMG this is scary. My daughter takes that parkway back and forth to work, even though I told her not to. She said there is more traffic on Ocean Parkway now because the restaurants are getting ready to open up and
    concerts are going to start around Memorial Day at Jones Beach Theater.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Good point RIGHTEOUS1! The only light would be the reflection of the mile markers from his headlights. I wish we knew for sure if the bodies were found at the mile markers.

I am also intrigued by the cut throughs across the median above and below where the bodies were dumped. I initially thought the bodies were dumped while someone was along a delivery route, but after seeing the maps, I now think the bodies were dumped there because the killer needed to turn back in the direction from whence he came.

I am thinking of adding a police officer to my list of potential suspects because a PO would patrol a stretch of road which is familiar and would know the turnoffs, the mile markers, and the good places for disposal. A PO would also not alert any suspicion if a passerby saw them dragging something that resembled a dead deer from the roadside. I think the burlap was used for camoflage during disposal.

Sorry to be so graphic

MOO wm
    You make some excellent points, especially about a police officer being a likely candidate.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

“We’re going to go back on Monday, with another full scale search, starting at Oak Beach and heading west all the way up to the Nassau County line,” Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said during a news conference Wednesday at police headquarters in Yaphank.

He would not discuss the gender or condition of the remains found Tuesday, which he said had been there “for some time,” but said he expects to learn the identity “very shortly.”

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...sing-nj-woman/
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Hi Trigger my friend..... How are you? {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

My friend, who lives in Gilgo (and can see the search area from her living room HOW EXCITING?!?! says that it is uncommon to see many police patrolling the are and much more common to see trucks, cars, and motorcycles using the turnaround.

I've asked her to look into the mile markers and their frequency for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    Hi Trigger my friend..... How are you? {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

My friend, who lives in Gilgo (and can see the search area from her living room HOW EXCITING?!?! says that it is uncommon to see many police patrolling the are and much more common to see trucks, cars, and motorcycles using the turnaround.

I've asked her to look into the mile markers and their frequency for us.
    Thank you MrsG728! I appreciate you checking into this for us.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast