879 users online (119 members and 760 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goathairjones View Post
    I think the SCPD started the search west of Gilgo because they had some other information, not because they were searching for SG. I don't believe the reason for the initial search. Why would thy search 8-10 miles away for a girl that was last seen in Oak Beach? I think they have a lot more info then they are letting out. And I don't think this search was started because of SG.
    I tend to agree with you about this. The more I look at the similarities of the four women who were found, the less I think SG is a victim of the same killer. I think it's more likely that her pimp or an ex-boyfriend or somebody was following her.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Thanks, waltzingmatilda! I've been following this case since the first bodies were found. I live very close by. Several years ago I would drive the Ocean Parkway to and from work every day. I personally don't think it is someone that drives the Ocean Parkway daily. It would be too risky.

I find it very odd that the SCPD said the initial search was a training exercise. They train the K9 handlers in Yaphank.

Another odd aspect of this case is that the last body was spotted by an officer driving by on the Ocean Parkway or on the shoulder. He said he spotted something that he thought needed to have a closer look. If it was that obvious from the road, I would guess that the 5th body was dumped recently and was not there during the previous searches.

Quote Originally Posted by goathairjones View Post
    I think the SCPD started the search west of Gilgo because they had some other information, not because they were searching for SG. I don't believe the reason for the initial search. Why would thy search 8-10 miles away for a girl that was last seen in Oak Beach? I think they have a lot more info then they are letting out. And I don't think this search was started because of SG.
    I agree. Remember that odd man who recently attacked a woman he hired for sex through Craigslist? The police said right away that he couldn't be the Long Island killer because he wasn't smart enough -- a very unusual thing to say.

I suspect that LE has a strong lead on this killer's identity, or at least a detailed and worthwhile profile. They're trying to use the media to lure him in psychologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
    I'm confused - you listed women that are possibilities, but isn't Maureen one of the original 4?
    Hi Claudette, I listed Maureen's moon phases on the previous page or two along with the other 3 bodies identified from the DEC find based on MSM reports. She is also from Connecticut.

Hope this helps....

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Hi Claudette, I listed Maureen's moon phases on the previous page or two along with the other 3 bodies identified from the DEC find based on MSM reports. She is also from Connecticut.

Hope this helps....

wm
    She means that Maureen is one of the four bodies that were already identified, but I had her on my list of "possibles" because she is still listed in NAMUS.

I did some probing today, and one of the reasons that she might still be listed there is if her body wasn't complete. So they leave her in so if some other jurisdiction found the rest of it and entered DNA, it would come up as a match. Which might also be why the officer with the dog was looking where he was. He might have been expecting to find something other than a fifth body. If you get my drift.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I agree. Remember that odd man who recently attacked a woman he hired for sex through Craigslist? The police said right away that he couldn't be the Long Island killer because he wasn't smart enough -- a very unusual thing to say.

I suspect that LE has a strong lead on this killer's identity, or at least a detailed and worthwhile profile. They're trying to use the media to lure him in psychologically.
    Aleph, I had forgotten about this report. Thanks for mentioning it. I also thought it unusual for the police to say he wasn't a suspect because he wasn't smart enough. (he was quite adept at computer technology IIRC)

maybe they are trying to lure him in psychologically by insulting him with those words. Hence the 5th body being dumped.

Can anyone here find a link to that news story in a timely manner and post to refresh our memories? Sorry to bother ya'll with this but I have company this weekend and keep running to the BR to check for updates and don't have much time to check back through the thread for it.

goathairjones, it is great to have another local here who can give a local perspective to those of us not familiar with the area. I do find the timing and reasoning for these searches suspicious. A few days ago, I added a police officer to my personal list of potential suspects.

Time will tell.....

All MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

I was just talking to my neighbor about this subject and he said that his wife's friend was driving on Ocean Parkway either last year or the year before and she saw a girl running into the road screaming. He said that her and her husband went to stop to help the girl but someone else stopped as well and they decided to keep going. He said that it was raining out when it happened. Does anyone know if it was raining the night SG ran from the old man's house in Oak Beach?

Hy neighbor said that his wife's friend never reported it to police even after the bodies were found. What is wrong with people? I will see if I can get more info from my neighbor or his wife. And I will tell them to persuade the girl to report it.

waltzingmatilda,

I find it very interesting that you've added a police officer to the list of potential suspects. Can you elaborate?

When I heard about the Asian guy in the dark surburban SUV in Oak Beach, I thought about someone that matches that description. But it would be a real long shot.

Are you guys talking about Fishbein - not smart enough to be a serial killer?

http://eastbxnews.blogspot.com/2011/...be-serial.html

Quote Originally Posted by internetgirl101 View Post
    Are you guys talking about Fishbein - not smart enough to be a serial killer?

http://eastbxnews.blogspot.com/2011/...be-serial.html
    Yes, that was the one. Thanks for finding it.

That "theft of services" remark by the police officer was unconscionable.

I stumbled across this site. I just skimmed through the live chat. But the whole website seems interesting.

http://www.defrostingcoldcases.com/c...t-april-1-2011

Just something to read while we wait...
    Last edited by internetgirl101; 04-02-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Dogwalkers

Hopefully the weather on LI will warm up considerably soon. Then all the folks will be out walking their dogs. Many missing persons (their remains) are found accidentally by dogs with excellent sniffers.

This was how they found ChandraLevy, after hundreds of searchers from the Washington PD missed her in a park that wasn't all that big.

Search to Continue on Monday

The Ocean Parkway will be closed:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...nday-1.2795400

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    sorry just added link I think works here
    MEDFORD, N.Y. (WPIX)— Suffolk County Police have arrested a man in the murder of a Long Island woman who suspiciously vanished in March, and whose body was discovered just off the Long Island Expressway.

Chad Johnson was charged with the second-degree murder for the death of Jennifer Papain, following a Tuesday morning court appearance at First District Court in Central Islip.

Johnson was additionally charged with third-degree patronizing a prostitute, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and unlawful possession of marijuana.

Papain's body was dumped alongside the Long Island Expressway and discovered early Monday morning in a wooded area just off a westbound LIE service road, near Bellport Road in Medford, according to Suffolk County police.

Cops did not provide information on what lead them to the roadway in Medford.

Papain, 26, of Harper Street in North Patchogue was last seen on March 24 when she and a friend drove to Bay Shore Road in Bay Shore in Papain father's car.

Papain exited the vehicle at about 5:30 p.m. while her friend waited for her in the car. Papain never returned.

"It wasn't that she had an altercation in the car or anything," said Suffolk Det. Sgt. Mark Pulaski. "She just didn't come back."

Suffolk County police began their investigation into her suspicious disappearance on March 26.

Papain was described as a petitie woman, standing at 5-feet 3-inches and weighing 110-pounds, who had brown shoulder length hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing grey sweatpants, white shirt and white sneakers.

Jennifer thread here! He was arrested in 2010
    Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Papain, 26, North Patchogue, 22 March 2010 - Body Found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Very interesting.
    Megan was reported missing in June 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    Yes, that was the one. Thanks for finding it.

That "theft of services" remark by the police officer was unconscionable.
    That's the punch-line of a bad joke about prostitutes. I cannot believe a member of LE said that to the press about that poor woman.

Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast