FL - Parents allow RSO to share bed w their 9 yr old daughter

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/27195840/detail.html

According to a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office arrest report, Mary and Christopher Perry allowed 51-year-old Robert Young to live in their home. Despite knowing that Young was a convicted sex offender, they allowed him to share a bedroom with their 9-year-old daughter, Channel 4's Emily Turner was told.

According to a police report, Young raped the girl on many occasions over the past several years.

DCFS KNEW the man was there but said they had the parents of girl sign a safety plan. Well, I guess that makes it all okay then doesn't it :eek:

Get a load of mom's excuse why she failed to stop it even when she saw the abuse wither her very own maternal eyes.

OMG! What a bunch of losers! That poor little girl!

"Signed a safety plan"?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me... someone sue DCFS! A safety plan?!?! GIVE ME A BREAK! They're just as responsible as that little girl's parents!

but they had a safety plan - see? So DCFS is in the clear. And hey, they did report to LE that the RSO was living too close ot a school and three daycares. So see, DCFS couldn't do anything, their hands were tied in the absence of any report of abuse. <---- SARCASM ALERT

Unfreekinbelievable.

Nobody mentions how DCFS came to be in the picture to even obtain a signature on a "safety Plan".

I'd be curious to know if DCFS was already involved with this lovely couple BEFORE the RSO even came into the picture.

What is sad is that I remember a case with almost the exact same circumstances. I thought this was the same one but I realized it wasn't. That means there are at least 2 sets of parents that would allow a sex offender to live in their home with their children. Of course I know there are many, many more but these are the 2 that I have seen recently.

What the heck is a "safety plan"?? Whatever it is, it clearly didn't work.

My prayers are with the child. It's so sad that parents now days fail to protect their children..I can't imagine what she went through. :(

The mom didn't do anything because she was sexually involved with the RSO and was afraid HE would tell on HER????

Lock them all up and throw away the key, please.

Frankly, this story sounds a bit iffy to me. Why was the RSO living in their home in the first place? For several years, no less. Did he pay the parents to let them abuse their daughter? Can anybody be so naive that they'll knowingly house a RSO in their child's bedroom and believe nothing bad's gonna happen? If they didn't know that he was a SO there's no reason that I can't see that he wouldn't be out of the house as soon as DCFS came knocking and telling them they're harboring a pedophile who shouldn't be allowed alone with the children. And RSO or not, which sane and balanced adult male is going to want to rent a bed in a minor girl's bedroom? I hope LE won't find that the parents were guilty of something worse than just recently finding out about the creep and staying silent for some unfathomable reason.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27195840/detail.html

According to a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office arrest report, Mary and Christopher Perry allowed 51-year-old Robert Young to live in their home. Despite knowing that Young was a convicted sex offender, they allowed him to share a bedroom with their 9-year-old daughter, Channel 4's Emily Turner was told.

According to a police report, Young raped the girl on many occasions over the past several years.

DCFS KNEW the man was there but said they had the parents of girl sign a safety plan. Well, I guess that makes it all okay then doesn't it :eek:

Get a load of mom's excuse why she failed to stop it even when she saw the abuse wither her very own maternal eyes.

Florida Department of Child Services totally dropped the ball on protecting this little girl. How on earth can they justify leaving this Sexual predator in the home? This is another example of a child who was raped due to the DCFS' incompetency and the tendacy they have to just look the other way. They are so worried that they just might have to do their jobs. Why can't something be done with this worthless department!!!!!!:banghead:

What is sad is that I remember a case with almost the exact same circumstances. I thought this was the same one but I realized it wasn't. That means there are at least 2 sets of parents that would allow a sex offender to live in their home with their children. Of course I know there are many, many more but these are the 2 that I have seen recently.

Make that 3 sets.. on another board a parenting board i belonged to for YEARS there was a mom whose RSO husband had just gotten out of prison for his second sex abuse crime and she kept talking about how she couldn't wait to have him home and she was a big proponet of family bed extended breast feeding etc.. (Good stuff but..) she talked very openly about how it was the little girls fault who got him put in prison the second time and how she couldn't wait to have him share the family bed.. she had 7 children, most of them girls :( :(

Believe me, I am not a proponent of anarchy, but it's way past time for something to be done about DCFS in Florida. If the state can't or won't do it, then it's time for the people to stand up and fight for these children. This is just the latest in a long string of horrific stories where a child is having to pay the price for supposed adults who obviously do not care or will not do their jobs. I've heard all the excuses for their mistakes and not one of them is valid. Until the people who do care stand up, we are all guilty. I don't live in Florida, so I don't know how much good it will do, but I plan on sending emails to everyone in state government as well as the Federal level. Will others stand with me?
Sorry for the rant, but enough is enough already!

A SAFETY PLAN?!?! It's official, the world has gone mad. Just when I think I have already heard the unbelievable, unthinkable..

Like dangling meat in the face of a shark...

A safety plan? A 357 Magnum would have been effective. Better yet, take the kids away...NO such thing as a 'safety plan'.. what is wrong with DCF?? How long do we as a nation put up with such a dysfunctional branch of government?

Mary Perry told investigators she ignored the situation because she was having a sexual relationship with Young and she was afraid he would tell her husband, according to the report.

Are you kidding me?!? Your relationship with your husband is more important that your daughter??????? I'm so angry right now! How could 3 adults allow this disgustingness (if there is such a word) to happen right in their own faces?

What the heck is a "safety plan"?? Whatever it is, it clearly didn't work.

My prayers are with the child. It's so sad that parents now days fail to protect their children..I can't imagine what she went through. :(

A safety plan is when DCFS feels there are children "at risk" in a setting but do not feel the risk warrants removal. Instead, a document is written up usually cautioning parents to keep their children in an "eyes on at all times" never to be placed in a situation where the child(ren) are exposed to the risk factor without parental presence to closely supervise.

I had this situation when a child/relative who happened to move into my home unexpectedly was acting out inappropriately with other children. We had a safety plan that allowed for the child to remain in my home but they were never to be in a situation where they were playing with my children or their own siblings without constant "eyes on" supervision by an authorized adult.

What puzzles me about this case is DCFS already had ample reason to suspect the parents judgment and so they came up with a safety plan that required them to supervise??!!??

This makes no sense to me.

There are stories I regret reading...this is one. This makes me angrier than almost anything I've seen on here - some just grab you by the throat....this one did me, and I'd like to grab all the adults in this child's life by the throat and just not let go.

I think when we can personalize things we get angrier, this child is somewhere just over a year older than my daughter. Just the whole thing makes me see red.

okay, now I am really pizzed!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27204123/detail.html

He and a second man were arrested earlier this month on charges of molesting the child.

The agency said someone reported that 51-year-old Robert Young was molesting the girl, but after thorough interviews, DCF said it didn't have any evidence to go on.

So not only did this RSO repeatedly molest this child but apparently the child's gramma's boyfriend had a go at her too.

And the Safetey Plan was put into effect because DCFS had received reports from someone this child was being molested by Young. And still they left both him and her in that house. This really makes me angrier than I have been in a long while.

Also snipped from link above

DCF said it told the family that Young shouldn't be in the house with their children. DCF also had the parents and Young sign a "safety plan" agreeing Young wouldn't have unsupervised contact with the children.

In the months to follow, new reports surfaced.

okay, now I am really pizzed!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27204123/detail.html

He and a second man were arrested earlier this month on charges of molesting the child.

The agency said someone reported that 51-year-old Robert Young was molesting the girl, but after thorough interviews, DCF said it didn't have any evidence to go on.

So not only did this RSO repeatedly molest this child but apparently the child's gramma's boyfriend had a go at her too.

And the Safetey Plan was put into effect because DCFS had received reports from someone this child was being molested by Young. And still they left both him and her in that house. This really makes me angrier than I have been in a long while.

Also snipped from link above

DCF said it told the family that Young shouldn't be in the house with their children. DCF also had the parents and Young sign a "safety plan" agreeing Young wouldn't have unsupervised contact with the children.

In the months to follow, new reports surfaced.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not only did they allow them in the same house, apparently the "safety plan" included the same bed as well..

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There are stories I regret reading...this is one. This makes me angrier than almost anything I've seen on here - some just grab you by the throat....this one did me, and I'd like to grab all the adults in this child's life by the throat and just not let go.

I think when we can personalize things we get angrier, this child is somewhere just over a year older than my daughter. Just the whole thing makes me see red.

Totally agree with you Charlie.
These $@#@%$-ers pi$$ me off!!
Seriously? WTF!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member