806 users online (113 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    This link shows the missing person has been found: https://www.findthemissing.org/homes...s?reason=found

Doe Network has not updated yet.

Chaddylax -

Take a bow!!!!

Good job!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This link shows the missing person has been found: https://www.findthemissing.org/homes...s?reason=found

Doe Network has not updated yet.

Chaddylex -

Take a bow!!!!

Good job!

Salem
    I already sent an e-mail to Meaghan of Charley Project, and Helene of DoeNetwork.

Thanks everyone!!! I guess I just sped up the process... he was flagged in Namus as being a match, (one of 993) but since I sent the descriptors of the tattoos and a few others and they put a rush on the dentals! (since they didn't have DNA)

A perfect of example on how you can't rely on height... Their was a 2 inch difference listed between Larry and the UID...!!!

The man I spoke with was very nice. Here I am at work jumping up and down because I made a match... and yes my boss and co workers know about this hobby. They think I am strange!

Chaddy-Hope they'll tell the family of Larry Phillips that you found the match & getting closure for his family that wondering a lot about his whereabouts. That's longest 23 years of wait for them.

You did a great job! I think the imagines for tattoos from NamUS helped a lot in comparing with the descriptions from the UID.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Thanks everyone!!! I guess I just sped up the process... he was flagged in Namus as being a match, (one of 993) but since I sent the descriptors of the tattoos and a few others and they put a rush on the dentals! (since they didn't have DNA)

A perfect of example on how you can't rely on height... Their was a 2 inch difference listed between Larry and the UID...!!!

The man I spoke with was very nice. Here I am at work jumping up and down because I made a match... and yes my boss and co workers know about this hobby. They think I am strange!
    If they had 993 possibles, chances are that they probably wouldn't have looked at any of them.

It seems to me that the NamUs auto-match feature needs some work to eliminate some of the rediculous possibles that they come up with. If they can't come up with a more manageable list size, then the case managers are discouraged from even working them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    If they had 993 possibles, chances are that they probably wouldn't have looked at any of them.

It seems to me that the NamUs auto-match feature needs some work to eliminate some of the rediculous possibles that they come up with. If they can't come up with a more manageable list size, then the case managers are discouraged from even working them.
    I agree, I was told that it could have taken years for them to make the match since their were were so many flagged.

Chaddy, I have the chills! Thank you so much for being here and taking the time to help this family find their loved one!

Congratulations Chaddy, and rest in peace, Larry, I'm glad you can go back to your family now.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

Actually - I think this is a perfect example of how we (the public and WS) can help. Their resources are limited. If they would have released the 993 names, many would have looked to help prioritize the possible matches.

Between the efforts of the 'amatuers' and the professionals, we could be of great assistance.

Personally - I'm not sure that software can replace the brains of humans

You guys do awesome work and I just don't think a machine can duplicate you.

Salem

Way to go Chaddylex! Thank you so much, now Larry's family can have some peace. You did awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have done a wonderful thing for Larry's family!

Cheers!!!!

So proud of you!

Deepest sympathy to Larry's family - I'd imagine it is some bittersweet relief to finally know where he is, so he can be laid to rest.

Well done chaddylex, you have done such a great job here working selflessly to try and help. I take my hat off to you!

That is wonderful! A family may now find peace. Great work. I am new to WS, but LOVE the awesome community and work I see you all doing!

Congratulations!!! You did an awesome work!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast