1235 users online (208 members and 1027 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Fantastic Job Chaddylex! WTG! I'm so glad Larry can now be brought home and his family has answers and closure. Prayers said for Larry, his family and all who knew and loved him.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thanks everyone! I am just glad I can give his family closure. I guess he wasn't reported missing until 1994, and they couldn't remember what year exactly he went missing. His sister was looking for him, hoping he was alive. Very sad that he wasn't far from home this entire time.

I have so much sympathy for her and the rest of the family and will keep them in my prayers. May Larry Rest in Peace.

Excellent work figuring out that the tattoo was a set of initials, Chaddylex!
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Shin Masamura is offline Him who is without syntax cast out the first pronoun.
    Great job!
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? Abducted Jan. 24th, 2006
    http://jenniferkesse.com/
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79260

Youtube Video I Made...
    http://youtu.be/7O9roF3Gmuk

Saw him listed as 62 yr old from the Charley Project as resolved case. Can anyone call them to correct it? He's only 31/32 when he died.

It still sad situation when he cut off in contact for 6-7 years before they found out he's been dead for long time.

Quote Originally Posted by KLCD620 View Post
    Saw him listed as 62 yr old from the Charley Project as resolved case. Can anyone call them to correct it? He's only 31/32 when he died.

It still sad situation when he cut off in contact for 6-7 years before they found out he's been dead for long time.
    I saw that too. I know CarlK contacted Meaghan (the administrator at Charley, I think it was a misprint because of his case file, it listed his real age)

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Great Matching Chaddy! Sorry I'm so late on the congrats for you, I've been sick and not able to be on the computer at all. I'm really proud of you, and although NamUs had flagged it, who knows how long it would have taken for the match to happen- if at all! GREAT JOB!

Condolences to the family, and one more time- I"M REALLY PROUD OF YOU! and it goes to show, that WE CAN AND DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

Chaddylex....Great Job.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Congratulations, chaddylex!!! Great, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Here I am at work jumping up and down because I made a match... and yes my boss and co workers know about this hobby. They think I am strange!
    It often takes a little difference to make one. Missed this thread when you made the match. I'm so glad you were able to return this man to his family, chaddylex.

Meaghan of Charley Project forwarded me a message from the Ohio Attorney General's office (who frequently keeps her posted on updates to Ohio cases):

Larry Phillips was found in the Cuyahoga River in 1989. He was not identified until March of this year. I put him in NamUs, a person from Websleuths made the match and Parma PD took all of the credit in a featured story on Cleveland TV.
    So at least the AG's office is acknowledging Chaddylex's accomplishment, if not the Police or the media.

Here's the link to the news clip.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/202...Potters-Field-

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Meaghan of Charley Project forwarded me a message from the Ohio Attorney General's office (who frequently keeps her posted on updates to Ohio cases):

So at least the AG's office is acknowledging Chaddylex's accomplishment, if not the Police or the media.

Here's the link to the news clip.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/202...Potters-Field-
    All of the credit?! That's not fair.

looks like there is a way to comment after the online article. maybe a few irate posts to correct the misinformation might be in order.

The freakin Detective from the Parma PD or where ever I emailed call me here at work to tell me I made the match! I sent the original match to NamUS and then to him. NamUs also called me and told me I made the match! I am so mad right now!!!!! ahhhhhh.... Sorry for the vent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    looks like there is a way to comment after the online article. maybe a few irate posts to correct the misinformation might be in order.
    I just put in a comment on the news article. Chaddylex: I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your first name in my comment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast