1416 users online (283 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NY - Tina Adovasio, 40, Throgs Neck, 11 March 2011

NYPD investigators are searching for a mother of four children who has been missing since last Friday.

The woman is 40-year-old Tina Adovasio of Edison Avenue in the Bronx.

She is described 5'05" tall, 135 pounds with a slim build.

She was last seen wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and a pair of "UGG" boots.

Adovasio was last seen at her home around 9:00 Friday night.

Police say Adovasio and her husband have a history of domestic violence.

Detectives are questioning the husband, who they say has physically hurt Adovasio in the past.

Anyone with information in regards to the above missing is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1 800 577 TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8014599

Bronx mom disappears; cops worry that she's dead

Police wouldn’t say why they believe that the petite mom, who has two sons and two daughters — the oldest a 16-year-old boy — is dead, but homicide cops with dogs were brought to her apartment today, along with the department’s Crime Scene Unit.

Tina Adovasio — a 40-year-old nurse and mom of four who has a history of domestic violence with retired Housing cop hubby Edwin Coello — was last seen at her well-kept Throgs Neck home around 9 p.m. Friday.

Sources said Coello — who was forced to retire from leave the department in 2000 over a domestic incident with a previous wife — was questioned about his wife’s disappearance.

A next-door neighbor who wouldn’t give his name noted that the mom’s white Acura was still parked across the street and added, "She never went anywhere without her car."
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...yj2HyJkS7j3rcN

Not sounding good at all

Authorities say she and her husband had a fight just before she left.
    http://bronx.ny1.com/content/top_sto...ng-bronx-woman

Here we go...

Lots of information here..

Bronx Mom Tina Adovasio Disappears, Cops Worry She's Dead

Tina Adovasio — a 40-year-old nurse and mom of four who has a history of domestic violence with retired Housing cop hubby Edwin Coello — was last seen at her well-kept Throgs Neck home around 9 p.m. Friday.

Coello reported her missing, sources said.

Police wouldn’t say why they believe that the petite mom, who has two sons and two daughters — the oldest a 16-year-old boy — is dead, but homicide cops with dogs were brought to her apartment today, along with the department’s Crime Scene Unit.

More at link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...yj2HyJkS7j3rcN

Halo, I was just coming to post this story...we are once again on same wave length...
    Just my opinion, of course.

This isn't looking good at all.

Police sources told the Daily News a blurry image of a man believed to be Coello was caught on tape dragging a duffel bag "big enough to hold a body" from the home on the same night.

Investigators tracked Adovasio's cell phone and got hits in High Bridge and Morris Heights on Monday, leading them to believe that her body may have been dumped in one location and her belongings in another, the sources said.

Cops are expected to launch an even wider search Wednesday for Adovasio's body.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...anged_wif.html
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Police sources told the Daily News a blurry image of a man believed to be Coello was caught on tape dragging a duffel bag "big enough to hold a body" from the home on the same night.

Investigators tracked Adovasio's cell phone and got hits in High Bridge and Morris Heights on Monday, leading them to believe that her body may have been dumped in one location and her belongings in another, the sources said.

OH NO. This beautiful woman and her four children....... absolutely breaks my heart......

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    OH NO. This beautiful woman and her four children....... absolutely breaks my heart......
    I feel so bad for her children.

Ex-Cops Wife Feared Slain

The estranged wife of a former NYPD cop is feared dead after mysteriously vanishing from their troubled Bronx home -- and cops are eyeing her abusive hubby as a "person of interest" in the case, police sources said yesterday.

Her husband, ex-housing cop Edwin "Eddy" Coello, 38, told cops she stormed out after a blowout fight. He was the last person to see her alive and called 911 to report her missing, the sources said.

"I heard some yelling around 8 o'clock or so Friday night, but I didn't know where it was coming from," said downstairs neighbor and landlord Frank Scarvelli.

"He beat her up a couple of times" in the past, Scarvelli said. "The last time, she was black and blue. She used to run to my apartment."

Cops were poring over recent building surveillance video that shows Coello exiting with several large trash bags.

Snipped from: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/e...mgKRyFfw4zu43O

The couple is known for their rocky history; records show Adovasio filed for divorce last month.

~~snip~~

Detectives asked if they could search his car, but Coello clammed up and refused, sources said. He was later released because of lack of evidence.

Late Tuesday, police found Coello's Nissan Maxima in the Bronx and got a search warrant to look for evidence.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Eddie Coello and Tina:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post

BBM:

Those two areas are very near the Harlem River. Hopefully they are searching there.

what an attractive woman...but unfortunately I would say this lady is dead......those poor children. why do these women stay? I know I am blessed that I have such a wonderful family that if my husband beat me I could go straight to and stay as long as I want. The thing is if my husband beat me, he'd end up in hospital himself!
    REVAMPZ

Hopes of Finding Missing
    Bronx Mom Fade as Search Continues
    March 16, 2011 6:32 PM

The fact that authorities now think Adovasio may not be alive was a jarring development for people who saw her every day.
    “That’s terrible, that’s really terrible. I don’t wish that on anyone,” neighbor Maura Mikac said weeping.
    The couple fought the night before Adovasio’s disappearance and had fought quite a bit previously, neighbors said. Coello has a history of domestic violence abuse complaints, with police being called to the couple’s home four times. He was also fired from the police department 12 years ago following similar incidents with his former wife.

More Here:
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/...rch-continues/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GenaBena, my only sibling,
    In the time line of life, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
    We were supposed to grow old together.
    Sleep Peacefully, Li'l Sis
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:
    That annoying time between naps.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast