Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial for Home Invasion of Petit Family***GUILTY***

Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial for Home Invasion of Petit Family***GUILTY***

Please follow Komisarjevsky's trial for the Home Invasion and murder of the Petit family.

Salem

Link to Hayes' trial thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118905"]GUILTY 3 Die After 2 Men Break Into Home of Petit Family- Hayes GUILTY 16 of 17 counts #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by JBean; 10-14-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: GUILTY!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Posts from the Hayes thread that might help the discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    Komisarjevky's notes are pretty rambling. Who knows how much is true and how much is fantasy or boasting, etc. Whereas Hayes was apparantly very bothered by the media attention, Kom seems to relish it. I suspect at his trial he may very well testify himself and have some very shocking/hurtful things to say. I'm sure he realizes he almost certainly will get a death sentence and so has nothing really to lose. I think his arogance will not let him keep silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    No, his type will have to testify. They never know when to shut up. Good, he will dig his own grave!!

Goz
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Oprah's show today had to be one of the toughest interviews I've ever watched. My heart breaks for him and his sister too.

His answer to Oprah about if he could ever forgive or if he feels the need to forgive the monsters who killed his family was the best I've ever heard. He said that one can forgive someone who causes an accident, hits you in the face and/or slanders you (not exact words). His point is there are many unkind things people do to one another that can be forgiven. He went on to say that he did not feel he could forgive evil nor should he have to as God doesn't require us to forgive evil. God hates evil.

I've not heard someone say this before on TV but it's the way I have always felt. It's not the peoples job to make evil doings acceptable by offering our forgiveness to those who are evil. Forgiveness is totally up to God imo.

If ever we were to go back to a system of an eye for an eye, I'd have no problem with someone taking these two behind the shed and putting a bullet in them. So I just answered my own doubts about the death penalty. When the crime is this cold hearted and there is no doubt who committed it, why do we waste our resources and concern over the perps well being? We should put our energies into developing educational systems on how to avoid people like this. If only, if only . . . that is what Dr. Petit said goes through his head all the time.

Somehow he has mustered up the strength to begin raising money for the Petit Family Foundation for Justice to honor the memory of his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Judge, attorneys clash in Conn. home invasion case

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Attorneys for a man charged with a home invasion that left a mother and her two daughters dead clashed sharply Tuesday with a judge, who questioned whether one of the lawyers was threatening a filibuster of jury selection.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOME_INVASION?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    Judge to remain for trial of second Petit murder suspect

A motion to disqualify Judge Jon C. Blue from Joshua Komisarjevsky’s murder trial was denied.

The motion for the change of venue will be heard Feb. 23.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/judge-to-remain-for-trial-of-second-petit-murder-suspect/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Looks like Komisarjevsky would like to plead guilty now. I wonder if the judge approved that?

Also, does anyone know who the 3rd person in this home invasion was and if they have gone to trial or if they will face trial?

TIA,

Salem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

no third person that I have ever heard of, and have followed this case from the start.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Native New Yorker For This Useful Post:

Hey, I thought this guy was gonna plea to save the dad/husband from more heartache. What happened?

Thanks,

Mel

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

I read in the Courant the other day that he will plead guilty if they don't go for the death penalty. There aren't 3 people - only hayes and Komisarjevsky.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Masterj For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Looks like Komisarjevsky would like to plead guilty now. I wonder if the judge approved that?

Also, does anyone know who the 3rd person in this home invasion was and if they have gone to trial or if they will face trial?

TIA,

Salem
    Here's an article about the motion filed by the defense
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/12/ny...hire.html?_r=1

Here is the motion filed
    [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/50558940/Motion-St-v-Komisarjevsky"]Motion_St._v._Komisarjevsky[/ame]

Jury selection is underway for September trial, but no jurors were chosen today.
    http://orange.patch.com/articles/no-...on-first-day-2

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UdbCrzy2 For This Useful Post:

I'm confused. Why would they be picking a jury in March - but the trial doesn't start until September?
    This too shall pass

Quote Originally Posted by cinsbythesea View Post
    I'm confused. Why would they be picking a jury in March - but the trial doesn't start until September?
    I read in an article that it will take months to seat a jury. Perhaps this is why they've already started the selection process.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post

TIA,

Salem
    There was no "third person"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to paxtonk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cinsbythesea View Post

It could very well take months to select a jury!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paxtonk For This Useful Post:

jury selection has been moving along, it has taken a while but they only have a new alternates alternates to select,

DP is still on the table,

23. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://meriden.patch.com/articles/ko...p-alternates-2

still picking the 3 last jurors needed

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...mPUnIr8A_9HuHw

Komisarjevskys attorneys appealing against Judges ruling that he can't proffer a guilty plea in exchange for no DP

I cannot understand why they just don't accept his plea and be done with it, LWOP would surely suffice,

27. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://www.newhavenregister.com/arti...mode=fullstory

still trying to seat the last 3 jurors they need

http://northbranford.patch.com/artic...ppeal-issues-4

more legal issues surrounding the release of defence witness list, and two more alternates selected, so they need just one more juror for the full set

http://easthaven.patch.com/articles/...jevsky-trial-2

Komisarjevskys lawyers are making sure that all his legal rights are protected,

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...gGiiIO9ApMT68A

full jury selected

trial to start in September

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Sure seems strange and risky to select a jury in a high profile case and then not start the trial for 3 months. Thats an awful lot of time for that jury to be contaminated (perhaps intentionally by the defense) and have to start over. Come September, they will all have to be re-questioned about their knowlege and opinions of the case.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Many times they would consult the family in a DP case. Maybe Dr. Petit wanted the DP left on the table

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    Many times they would consult the family in a DP case. Maybe Dr. Petit wanted the DP left on the table
    That is exactly what happened here. Early on both defendants offered to plead guilty in exchance for life sentences. But the the DA, at the request of the entire Petit family, refused.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    That is exactly what happened here. Early on both defendants offered to plead guilty in exchance for life sentences. But the the DA, at the request of the entire Petit family, refused.
    I simply cannot imagine what he will have to go through again and send many prayers his way

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast