Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial for Home Invasion of Petit Family***GUILTY***

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I simply cannot imagine what he will have to go through again and send many prayers his way
    I agree. Has to be very tough. While many will tell him to just agree to the life sentence and move on, he is determined to get justice and is willing to go through all of this to get it. Keep in mind he is not only battling the defendants and their sometimes outrageous defense attorneys, but also many legislators there in Connecticut that are desperately trying to eliminate capitol punishment and pull the rug out from underneath him. Dr. Petit is a strong man.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

I will never lose interest in Dr. Petit seeking justice for his family!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paxtonk For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou..._mcXy9QLjUOX2Q

defence still arguing to keep there witness list secret

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

FYI, the reason that the judge has acted as he has throughout is most likely because of the crimes against children falling almost entirely on him as the primary and the other was mainly acting as accomplice/in concert on those crimes. Not that the crimes against the mother should be lessened, but my point is: A finding of guilt of those crimes warrants nothing less than DP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http...g7yi6MY2ZCvEkQ

gag order lifted, the release of defence witness list still under consideration

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http...g7yi6MY2ZCvEkQ

gag order lifted, the release of defence witness list still under consideration
    I have to post a quick thank you for all the media updates not only on this thread but others. Often my time is limited and you do make things so much easier for me thus a huge thank you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Home-Invasion/

defence seeking a probable cause hearing, if only all defendants had such diligent and pro active attys, who are doing everything they can to save his life

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou..._FW7XT7u5Nm1GA

judge denies new probable cause hearing

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...125498353.html

defence requests sequestration of Dr petit, this request was made in the Hayes trial and denied by the judge

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

As ridiculous as the motion to sequester Dr. Petit is, if I was Dr. Petit and or the prosecutor I would maybe consider consenting to it. This defense counsel is absolutlely shameless in the tactics he uses. The defense will be very inflamatory and likely very offensive to Dr. Petit. I could see the defense counsel intentionally trying to provoke Dr. Petit into an outburst to get a mistrial.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    As ridiculous as the motion to sequester Dr. Petit is, if I was Dr. Petit and or the prosecutor I would maybe consider consenting to it. This defense counsel is absolutlely shameless in the tactics he uses. The defense will be very inflamatory and likely very offensive to Dr. Petit. I could see the defense counsel intentionally trying to provoke Dr. Petit into an outburst to get a mistrial.
    I don't think the defence counsel is being disrepecrful, he is doing what he is sworn to do defending his client to the best of his ability

and this defence team has made it known that they will be challenging Dr Petit and his testimony, Komisarjevsky has already made known his contempt for Dr Petit in his letters he sent and in other statements, if Dr Petit chooses to sit in court throughout the trial he will hear things he would never wish to have to listen to, that is his right if the Judge waives the sequestration rule for Dr Petit

I don't think the defence counsel is being disrepecrful, he is doing what he is sworn to do defending his client to the best of his ability

and this defence team has made it known that they will be challenging Dr Petit and his testimony, Komisarjevsky has already made known his contempt for Dr Petit in his letters he sent and in other statements, if Dr Petit chooses to sit in court throughout the trial he will hear things he would never wish to have to listen to, that is his right if the Judge waives the sequestration rule for Dr Petit
    I am hoping the judge does waive the sequestration rule for Dr. Petit. I also say many prayers for this man that he can keep the strength required to go through this again

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I am hoping the judge does waive the sequestration rule for Dr. Petit. I also say many prayers for this man that he can keep the strength required to go through this again

I think he will, if he was allowed to sit through Hayes trial he should be allowed to sit theough this one,

27. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Isnt this the same defense counsel that either was, or nearly was, held in contempt for his little "press conference" mid-way thru the Hayes trial?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    Isnt this the same defense counsel that either was, or nearly was, held in contempt for his little "press conference" mid-way thru the Hayes trial?

the very same, they are staunch anti DP advocates and are doing all they can to try to ensure that he does not get the DP, if only all defendants got this level of advocasy,

all these motions and hearings are to ensure a long appelatte record as they must realsise they have a very high mountain to climb to not see him get the DP,

I dont consider violations of rules of professional conduct and violations of court orders to be admirable advocacy. His statements were very self serving and delivered in such a way that he knew would be available to potential jurors and could not be directly contradicted by opposing counsel.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...9k6Phvt1SscK4A

victims advocate group supports Dr Petit in allowing him to be present during trial

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Komisarjevsky wishes to make a statement in response to something Dr Petit has said about him, judge will make a ruling after looking at all facts

Komisarjevsky is determined to challenge Dr Petit at every turn, he has already called him a coward for not trying to protect his family, and said that Dr petits testimony about what happened is not truthful as far as he sees it,

35. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Komisarjevsky wishes to make a statement in response to something Dr Petit has said about him, judge will make a ruling after looking at all facts

Komisarjevsky is determined to challenge Dr Petit at every turn, he has already called him a coward for not trying to protect his family, and said that Dr petits testimony about what happened is not truthful as far as he sees it,
    This is just awful. Komisarjevsky hasn't taken enough from him already and destroyed him enough - now he taunts him and wishes to make statements? This guy has no soul. I hope that Dr. Petit is being prepared as emotionally as one can prepare someone for this upcoming trial - it appears it will far more an ordeal than the last one - and for the life of me I don't know where he found the strength to get through that one. What an utterly despicable "human being" Komisarjevsky is.
    This too shall pass

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinsbythesea For This Useful Post:

I support the Petit family in whatever they want. This POS's taunts are nothing compared to what has been done to that poor Petit family. This sub-human is angry that Dr. Petit survived. You see, he was supposed to die too. That makes him a 'coward' in this POS's crazy mind. Let him taunt. It doesn't change a thing.

Death is too kind for those cowardly torturers.

I hope someday Dr. Petit will be able to have some peace in his life. He compared his ordeal to being a Holocaust survivor and that is probably a very apt description. The horror is beyond comprehension and the extermination of his family is as cruel and heartless as any that suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Maybe spending some time with those who lived through this same kind of horror could be helpful for him, I don't know. They would certainly understand his pain.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

http://www.pattisblog.com/index.php?...k_3474&limit=2

I enjoy ewading this attorneys blogs, and agree wholeheartedly with his opinions in this piece,

41. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://www.pattisblog.com/index.php?...k_3474&limit=2

I enjoy ewading this attorneys blogs, and agree wholeheartedly with his opinions in this piece,
    I had never read that particular persons blog before and did indeed find it to be quite interesting thus thank you !!

I disagree with the blogger/attorney. Hey Joshua, I don't much care what a crap childhood you had or what Ghandi said that might benefit you now. You agreed to dance with the devil and you are subject to the laws of the land and are subject to getting the book thrown at you because of the shear heinous nature of your actions. You want to speak? Get on the stand in your sorry defense. I guess you should not have picked on Mr. Petit's family huh? You knew the job was dangerous when you took it - now deal with it and our justice system which currently includes the death penalty. Actions = Consequences. I will look forward to your conviction.
    Disclaimer: while I have graduated law school and hold a JD, I am not yet licensed to practice. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered legal advice, or if I explain anything related to legal matters, rules of evidence, legal procedures, or anything related to law, please be aware that I do not yet hold a bar card and we have no attorney/client relationship. Please always, always talk to a personal attorney, and follow their directions. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

I also disagree with the Pattis blogger. Dr. Petit has every right to want (and talk about) the death penalty for the monsters who murdered his family, whoever they may be.

IF J.K. happens to be legally guilty of that murder, then it will be proved in a courtroom and a jury will decide his fate.

Telling the victim of a crime they do not have the right to discuss their own case, their desires regarding the DP in general and specific to their case, their beliefs, etc, is simply wrong. Of course they have the right!

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast