FL FL - Kelly Rothwell, 35, Indian Rocks Beach, 12 March 2011

Adrienne37

Former Member
Reaction score
Police academy recruit missing
Updated: Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011, 4:20 PM EDT

INDIAN ROCKS BEACH - Detectives are investigating the disappearance of an Indian Rocks Beach woman.

Kelly Rothwell, 35, was last seen Saturday around 3:30 p.m.

The investigation began Sunday morning when a neighbor called police to do a welfare check at the condo where Rothwell lived with her boyfriend, 46-year-old David R. Perry.

Police found no sign of either Rothwell of Perry, and both their cars were gone. Police say that later that day, they found Rothwell's car about two miles south of the condo.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/police-academy-recruit-missing-03152011

Pinellas Detectives Seek Help in Case of Missing Police Cadet

By Jamal Thalji
ST. PETERSBURG TIME

Published: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 11:40 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 11:40 p.m.
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH | Detectives are asking for the public's help to locate a missing police cadet. Kelly L. Rothwell, 34, hasn't been seen since Saturday, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, and didn't show up for class this week.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...ves-Seek-Help-in-Case-of-Missing-Police-Cadet

Familiar tone in this case, sadly.

Domestic issues, boyfriend leaves for New York, refuses to talk to LE, car found abandoned.

Give me a break...another "significant other" who won't talk to LE? Is there an epidemic? :(

According to this video, her car was found in a local Holiday Inn's parking lot with some of her personal belongings. LE has had contact with David Perry but he has been uncooperative and they are terming him as a person of interest. Kelly's mother is quoted as saying that Kelly is a private person and that she never heard talk of fights or abuse. It is uncharacteristic for her to just disappear. Her mother says she enjoys helping people and succeeds at whatever she attempts.

A neighbor, Mary Williamson, was interviewed near their residence and indicated that she was "scared to death of him," she didn't like him, he had a "very very bad temper." Mr. Williamson stated that David was very "domineering and he thinks that was a lot of the problem."

http://www2.tbo.com/video/2011/mar/15/boyfriend-sought-in-missing-indian-rocks-65646/video-news/

I love about 15 min from IRB, and didn't even see local coverage of this. I am disgusted that it;s not been picked up.

The area does not really have very many good hiding spaces as it's an island. The area is very well patrolled due to high transient population. I have not read a thing about searches.

Her car was found at the Holiday Inn there, I find it really hard to believe that someone would not have noticed an altercation- there is a resort there and with it being spring break, there place is packed with people coming and going ,especially non-hotel guests as you can use the facilities if you are just at the bar.

I feel the need to do something.

snip: "Deputies say Rothwell lives in an Indian Rocks Beach with her boyfriend, David Perry. He's 46 and a retired New York law enforcement officer."

Why would someone be retired at 46? Injury? Forced retirement due to an incident?

Yes another case of significant other that is tight lipped! Hope she is found safe and very soon!

Im interested to see where this "Boyfriend" angle leads to... being apart of the LE fraternity, I would think he would want to help piece together the puzzle.. if not.. hmm. I am local to this story but they also mention she whent missing in Oct. but didnt say the circumstances.

I think an EX-LE boyfriend would know how to stage a disappearance perfectly...

just sayin.

I hope they are investigating Donna Scharrett, the last person to see her. There is a site were Donna Scharrett and Kelly Rothwell call themselves Rev.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20044238-504083.html

Donna Scharrett was the last person to see the 35-year-old Rothwell. They had a girls night on Friday, and a grocery store surveillance camera caught a glimpse of both women as they grabbed pizzas for dinner, reported CBS affiliate WTSP.

The next morning the two went to yoga and then had lunch at Chili's. That was the last time Scharrett saw her friend.

Scharret told WTSP that Rothwell had plans to go home and break up with her boyfriend David Perry, whom she had tried to break up with before unsuccessfully.

Article goes on to say that deputies found a man taking out trash at the apartment. He is Perry's son.

Whoa! Her friend said she was going home to break up with BF? I hope they find her =(

http://largo.patch.com/articles/a-friend-recalls-last-day-kelly-rothwell-was-seen

In January 2008 Donna Scharrett met her dearest friend, Kelly Rothwell, at an Indian Rocks Beach meditation circle. They were both searching for some peace, Scharrett said, and they developed a bond through their experience.

“Every time Kelly and I got together was memorable. We would laugh like schoolgirls. We were really silly,” Scharrett said.

Saturday, March 12 was the last time Scharrett saw Rothwell.

I messaged Donna on facebook asking if there is anything I can do- post flyers etc. I hope to hear something back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back