Howard Grand Jury to meet on 3/17/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14265927

snip:

HOWARD COUNTY - The Howard County grand jury meets on Thursday but don't expect any indictments to be handed up in the Hailey Dunn case.

More at link.

The case has not been turned over to the DA yet. Nothing before them tomorrow but don't despair they usually meet for a period of a month as needed.

so it doesn't look like any charges will be made this month?

Howard County District Attorney Hardy Wilkerson says no child *advertiser censored* cases will be going before the grand jury on Thursday and he hasn't received the case from investigators.

I guess I'd rather LE take their time and sort everything out before going prematurely in front of a GJ.

MOO

Mel

Gheez. What is taking so long? Maybe they are on to a big *advertiser censored* ring and several people will end up busted like this case. With the massive amount SA had downloaded it may have been alot more than just his intertainment.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42108748/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Massive online pedophile ring busted by cops
Five Americans among 184 people arrested; 230 abused children taken to safety

Anyway, there is the answer about the memory stick. Why would they consider sending it to the GJ if there was NOTHING on it?

so it doesn't look like any charges will be made this month?

Howard County District Attorney Hardy Wilkerson says no child *advertiser censored* cases will be going before the grand jury on Thursday and he hasn't received the case from investigators.

I guess I'd rather LE take their time and sort everything out before going prematurely in front of a GJ.

MOO

Mel
There ya go. That tells there was CP on that stick.

Anyway, there is the answer about the memory stick. Why would they consider sending it to the GJ if there was NOTHING on it?

Big Spring is in Howard County, and SA's mom's house is in Big Spring. That is where the computer was.

I believe if anything from BD's is taken to a GJ, it would be in Mitchell County.

I could be wrong though. :p

Interesting that this article also says that SA is the only named person of interest in the Hailey case. So officially, I guess Billie is a POI, but UNofficially, not so much.
Confusing.

Big Spring is in Howard County, and SA's mom's house is in Big Spring. That is where the computer was.

I believe if anything from BD's is taken to a GJ, it would be in Mitchell County.

I could be wrong though. :p

You're not wrong. Everything is done in the county where the case is being investigated.

IMO there has got to be a reason for all this madness..meaning there has got to be goood reason that out of the blue LE makes a HUGE/BOMBSHELL announcement of what was found on the computer and memory stick confiscated as a result of the search warrants.. There has to be a strategy to why??why? why? after many weeks with no peep from LE..not even any confirmations of the many many things that had broken or been leaked out in and around Hailey's entire case..NOTHING AT ALL since way back when LE named Shawn a POI and then a suspect..NOTHING AT ALL..

and then BAM! They lay out something as huge as Child *advertiser censored* being found and possibly involved with whats happened to this little girl...followed up by one single statement made by Toombs stating that child *advertiser censored* was found on both the computer and the memory stick..and then lips are sealed shut once again..

IMO its obvious that either computer forensics are not yet completed{i.e. narrowing down to who the actual user was that viewed/downloaded the CP on the dell home computer}..which if indeed thats the case..that they haVe not yet completed the forensics in narrowing it down to who and when the CP was bought/viewed/traded..then all the more the question of why at the very moment they did feel it necessary to drop the BOMBSHELL OF THE CP INVOLVEMENT??WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE ALL FORENSICS AND SPECIFICS?..or they infact do have all the illicit details of the CP including who and just how much CP was viewed/downloaded/purchased and even possibly traded and that extremely important evidence has yielded something "else" that is making LE wait it out..wait for someone to "crack"..roll on another..etc..

I just feel there has got to be a very deliberate strategy to why they are waiting but most importantly there was a deliberate strategy to the move they made in suddenly deciding to publicly release the huge and outrageous Child *advertiser censored* involvement...

I am currently still pondering a couple different reasons..but would love to hear others opinions or views on the why? and why the very deliberate and specific timing of the bombshell being released?

**I know many have speculated that the bombshell was to keep BJD from attending and speaking at the Trafficking rally in Dallas..and I seriously have extreme doubts that this could be their reason..The rally is such an irrelevant event I just do not believe that the extreme weight and nature of this CP evidence was released to prohibit BJD from going or participating in a trafficking rally..no way..i just don't see it..jmo tho

Snipped ... A grand jury in Sweetwater is also supposed to consider evidence seized from Hailey's mother's house in Colorado City.

Sure someone has already answered this question, but is the bestiality illegal and prosecutable?

ETA: Sweetwater is in Nolan County? Are they (Mitchell County) just using Nolan County's meeting chambers?

Snipped ... A grand jury in Sweetwater is also supposed to consider evidence seized from Hailey's mother's house in Colorado City.

Sure someone has already answered this question, but is the bestiality illegal and prosecutable?

ETA: Sweetwater is in Nolan County? Are they (Mitchell County) just using Nolan County's meeting chambers?

In my internet travels the last few days, I believe that DA Ann Reed is the DA for 3 counties. Nolan county, Mitchell County and Fisher County.

http://www.txdirectory.com/online/person/?id=34202&office=14791

you will see at the bottom of that page, other offices held.

So will the Grand Jury members in Sweetwater be from Nolan or Mitchell County I wonder?

There has to be a strategy to why??why? why? after many weeks with no peep from LE..not even any confirmations of the many many things that had broken or been leaked out in and around Hailey's entire case..NOTHING AT ALL since way back when LE named Shawn a POI and then a suspect..NOTHING AT ALL..

and then BAM! statement made by Toombs stating that child *advertiser censored* was found on both the computer and the memory stick..and then lips are sealed shut once again..

IMO its obvious that either computer forensics are not yet completed{i.e. narrowing down to who the actual user was that viewed/downloaded the CP on the dell home computer}..which if indeed thats the case..that they haVe not yet completed the forensics in narrowing it down to who and when the CP was bought/viewed/traded..then all the more the question of why at the very moment they did feel it necessary to drop the BOMBSHELL OF THE CP INVOLVEMENT??WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE ALL FORENSICS AND SPECIFICS?..or they infact do have all the illicit details of the CP including who and just how much CP was viewed/downloaded/purchased and even possibly traded and that extremely important evidence has yielded something "else" that is making LE wait it out..wait for someone to "crack"..roll on another..etc..

I am currently still pondering a couple different reasons..but would love to hear others opinions or views on the why? and why the very deliberate and specific timing of the bombshell being released?

You have possibly one of two (or more things) going on:

Local law enforcement may be done with "their part of the investigation"

The Feds may be operating "behind the scenes" and doing their own investigation(s) that may be a whole lot bigger than SA and BJD. There may be more POIs, which I thought was mentioned previously by LE.

Not only is there the disappearance of HA to investigate; there is also the CP.

Is it possible that there will be "federal" charges also?

This seems to be a lot bigger than the legal system of C-City. JMO

But it seems that "someone" got the media to start asking questions again....Good job!!

Interesting that this article also says that SA is the only named person of interest in the Hailey case. So officially, I guess Billie is a POI, but UNofficially, not so much.
Confusing.

Or that the paper is just lazy and doesnt do the work it should be doing.

smooth, I may be wrong, but can you imagine the backlash if all of the LE agencies involved with this case allowed BD to attend that rally knowing she might have had access to all that was found? I think we all would have been outraged and questioned why they allowed it. But, I do want to know other's opinions on why they think it was released when it was.

JMO

Yes the DA serves over the 32nd Judicial District which is made up of Mitchell, Nolan, and Fisher Counties.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=349616
Ann Reed

The cases would be prosecuted by Howard County District Attorney Hardy Wilkerson and 32nd District Attorney Ann Reed of Sweetwater.

District Attorney

Ann Reed

Nolan County Courthouse
100 East Third, Suite 201
Sweetwater, Texas 79556

If you go to the affidavits page 2 it listed Investigators from the 32nd Judicial District DA's Office are involved in the investigation.

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

You have possibly one of two (or more things) going on:

Local law enforcement may be done with "their part of the investigation"

The Feds may be operating "behind the scenes" and doing their own investigation(s) that may be a whole lot bigger than SA and BJD. There may be more POIs, which I thought was mentioned previously by LE.

Not only is there the disappearance of HA to investigate; there is also the CP.

Is it possible that there will be "federal" charges also?

This seems to be a lot bigger than the legal system of C-City. JMO

But it seems that "someone" got the media to start asking questions again....Good job!!

Perhaps a silly question but if the feds are involved and prosecute would local prosecute too?

If *advertiser censored* doesn't go to GJury, does it go FEDERAL??? not local??

smooth, I may be wrong, but can you imagine the backlash if all of the LE agencies involved with this case allowed BD to attend that rally knowing she might have had access to all that was found? I think we all would have been outraged and questioned why they allowed it. But, I do want to know other's opinions on why they think it was released when it was.

JMO

If you go back to the original article that 'broke' this story...

The results from the search warrants on the electronics were obtained by the Reporter-News through public information requests to the 32nd District Court in Sweetwater, which covers Fisher, Mitchell and Nolan counties
http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...und-computer-mother-suspect-case/?partner=RSS

I think if LE didn't want the info released, they could have tried to stop it, right?
do I think the timing was coincidental? possibly....

I wouldn't be surprised if the child *advertiser censored* is a federal case.

There are some major mandatory minimums in the federal system for child *advertiser censored*. Unless the laws are harsher locally they would try to have it be a federal case. Since it was on the computer, it would not be too difficult to have it be federal.

If it goes federal the time they do would be easier... but they would be lucky to just get 15 years. That is IF there was no proof of anything other than possession. You throw in transportation, distribution or manufacturing... and they could easily end up making Misty Croslin's sentence look like a cake walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth