Deputy Who Died On Duty Was on Casey Witness List

This is so sad. I feel sorry for his family :( The trial will go on without him, but his family will miss him forever.

My heartfelt condolences to this Sheriff's family and friends...:heartbeat:

Rest In Peace Deputy First Class Michael Erickson

Truly sad he was so young still.

From WFTV:

Off-Duty Deputy Collapses, Dies At YMCA

Erickson was one of the first to interview Lee Anthony in 2008. He also interviewed Casey's neighbor, who loaned her a shovel during the time Caylee was missing.

Erickson was supposed to be a witness during the trial in May. The defense had already taken a deposition from Erickson.

WFTV Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer says the statements he already made under oath, will have to speak for him during trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27219851/detail.html

Just wondering if this will hurt the case???

Truly sad he was so young still.

From WFTV:

Off-Duty Deputy Collapses, Dies At YMCA

Erickson was one of the first to interview Lee Anthony in 2008. He also interviewed Casey's neighbor, who loaned her a shovel during the time Caylee was missing.

Erickson was supposed to be a witness during the trial in May. The defense had already taken a deposition from Erickson.

WFTV Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer says the statements he already made under oath, will have to speak for him during trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27219851/detail.html

Just wondering if this will hurt the case???

I don't think it will hurt the case. Eric Edwards was also present during Brian Burner's interview. They have the taped transcript. And they have Brian Burner.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4823775/Casey-Anthony-Brian-Burner-interview

My condolences to his families and co-workers. We had a coworker die suddenly shoveling snow a few years ago and it is quite a shock.

Prayers going out for this man and his family, who's long time job was to protect and serve, and he did it well.

I am so sorry to hear this. GB his family and friends. Prayers for them.

I am sorry for this Deputies Family for their loss, but the stations didn't have to connect it to Casey in the headlines..Give him the dignity he deserves not the connection to Miss Wanta be.

I am sorry for this Deputies Family for their loss, but the stations didn't have to connect it to Casey in the headlines..Give him the dignity he deserves not the connection to Miss Wanta be.

Or at least announce the death, wait a few days and then make the announcement.

I do wonder what the reactions to the news JB and KC had.

My condolences to the family, friends and co workers of Detective Erickson. I will keep them all in my heart and in my thoughts.

So very sad. Thoughts and prayers with the friends and family of this brave soul.

I agree, this awful story should not have immediately been linked to the case but should have stood alone as a memorial.

Casey ALWAYS has to overshadow everything doesnt she...When her child was misssing it was what about me and now the media makes it about her. I am sure this deputy was part of many cases not just Caseys and how dare them take away from this man the respect he deserves with out mentioning a purticular case he was involved in. This announcement should have stood alone and definately have have had a diffrent title. UGGGGGGGGG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back