New show on Investigation Discovery channel-airs 2011.03.31

twall

Reaction score
True Crime with Aphrodite Jones

JonBenet Ramsey: "The Innocent"
Air Date: Thursday, March 31st 10/9c

If JonBenet Ramsey had lived, she'd be a junior in college. More than 14 years have passed after the murder and her case continues to baffle investigators. Aphrodite Jones digs for answers to a case that has raised a lot of questions.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/true-crime/episode-guide/season-2-episodes.html

I did not see a thread for this and wanted to notify everyone about it so they can set their DVR's if interested in watching.

I love this show, AJ does a great job, asks all the right questions to those she interviews and is very knowledgeable about the cases she covers. I watched every episode last season which was the premiere season. The second season starts March 31 on the Investigation Discovery channel. It kicks off with a show on the JBR case. I will be watching. (I am anxiously awaiting her show on the West Memphis 3 case) I will bump the thread up when it gets closer to the air date. If anyone does not know Aphrodite Jones background just Google, she has written several true crime books.

I watch her too...Her commericals leading up to this show...Male DNA found on JonBenet and it's not anyone in her family....So, this would be very interesting and will be tuning in..Thanks for the head's up....JMHO

Justice for JonBenet

I watch her too...Her commericals leading up to this show...Male DNA found on JonBenet and it's not anyone in her family....So, this would be very interesting and will be tuning in..Thanks for the head's up....JMHO

Justice for JonBenet

The male DNA has long been the "buzzword" for IDI. However, true DNA experts explain that in a MIXED sample (which this was) family members cannot be ruled out. This has also long been discussed here. Cynic, one of our posters here, is an expert in this matter and has explained it to us. Had this case gone to trial, there would have had to be expert testimony under oath about the male DNA and then it wouldn't be seen to be such a cut-and-dry matter. It will be interesting to see if anything like this is mentioned on the show, or if will be more of the same thing we see on Nancy Grace, etc.
Also, the male DNA is found only on her clothing and nowhere else. Not on the body, tape, cord, or anywhere else in the crime scene (doors to the WC, the paint tote, etc).
We know the male DNA was NOT blood or semen. It was on the waistband of her longjohns and mixed into a drop of JB's OWN blood in the panties. It is thought it may be skin cells- something easily transferrable, even by JB herself, but more likely by whoever put the longjohns on her. The parents attended a party that day- with plenty of males that were not family members, including males who were children at the time. JB went to bed (according to Patsy) without washing her hands- she was said not to be fond of washing up. Patsy said JB had not bathed for a few days- plenty of DNA under those little nails. Not to mention the coroner was KNOWN to have used the same nail clippers on other bodies without sterilizing them before using them on JB.
There were so MANY surfaces that could have been touched that day- including many handshakes- and as far as we know, the males at that party have not given DNA samples, especially the then-children.
It is too late for that now- none of them can be compelled to give samples.
Yet the male DNA is seen as the hinge pin of the case. It is anything but. LE investigating the case have said this will not be solved with DNA.
For those of us without access to the Discovery Channel, would any of you who are able to watch this show please come back and post about it?

Can somebody record this for me? We are stationed in Germany and don't get I.D. on our few AFN channels. I miss I.D. and Aphrodite Jones!

I don't know what to make of this.

On the one hand, anything on this case that takes anything John San Augustin has to say with any credibility pretty much stinks of horses**t. He's about as trustworthy as a scorpion, which isn't surprising, considering that he's one of the Rs' hired goons.

OTOH, I think I like where Pennebaker was headed!

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/true-crime-season-2/
JonBenet Ramsey Ramnsom Note

Re: James W. Pennebaker
appearance on True Crime with AJ,
rn, pronouns:

JP: I'm an expert in language and its link to social behaviour.
How we can harness the power of languge to understand people better.
I approached this with no knowledge of this case.
Not until you all contacted me,
did I actually read the ransom note for the first time.

AJ: One of the things I noticed, initially, is that the pronoun,
'we' is starting off the letter, "We have your daughter".
Later, there's an indication,
"Follow my instructions" ..

JP: Exactly, exactly, so the first paragraph is all 'we'
and then most of the rest is all 'I', which is a fascinating issue.

Very often, when people are writing something,
at the beginning they are working to establish an identity,
and it might be false or not.

So, in some ways you can trust
the psychological language more after that first paragraph.

The first paragraph is, this is what I'm trying to appear as
and then, it becomes hard to maintain that over time.

The last paragraph in this note oozes with contempt.

The wording is, "Don't try to grow a brain John."
"Use that old southern charm of yours"
and they use the word "John" about three or four times
in the last paragraph.

There's a sense that the person who's writing this is
psychologically close to him,
by close, I can imagine, they work under him,
they live close to him, but they know him.

These are people who I think are well educated,
they spell quite well.

There's two misspellings in the first paragraph
which is that first paragraph, is also the one that is the most? suspicious.

But they spell a lot of words that most people misspell, perfectly.

AJ: You use the word they,
you beleive that more than one person wrote this letter?

PJ: Possibly, more, that I prefer to think of is that there are two people together.
That she is doing the writing and he's saying, "oh, say this",
and she's putting that into a written form,
but is also actually doing a composition.

JP misquotes the rn, and is unable to note that the word John appears 3 times within the last paragraph of the rn.

Ugh. I think I'll skip this one, folks. I just watched that bit on MSNBC from the Media Links thread, and there is nothing new here.

Ms. Jones is not merely uninformed; it's clear that she has swallowed whole--hook, line, and sinker--the propaganda of Lou Smit, John Douglas and the like. And that's bad, because--and I'm not the only one who's said it--people who haven't studied this case like we have might believe this nonsense.

The only thing mildly interesting was the part about a male dictating the ransom note to a female writer. I've been saying that for years!

The only thing mildly interesting was the part about a male dictating the ransom note to a female writer. I've been saying that for years!

Gee, Ms. Jones, who do you think that male and female could be?

And then she says that Mr. Ramsey would never have brought the body upstairs if he was involved in JB's death? Well, how about if he realized that the body was going to be found eventually by L.E. (they weren't leaving, after all) and thought there might be a chance that some of his fibers could be on the body that he'd have to explain? What better way to take care of that than by carrying the body upstairs and (hence) contaminating it?

And then she says that Mr. Ramsey would never have brought the body upstairs if he was involved in JB's death? Well, how about if he realized that the body was going to be found eventually by L.E. (they weren't leaving, after all) and thought there might be a chance that some of his fibers could be on the body that he'd have to explain? What better way to take care of that than by carrying the body upstairs and (hence) contaminating it?

Bingo!
Patsy tried the same thing. But she forgot that JB was already covered by an afghan when she threw herself on the body. And she forgot the tape remained in the basement and the cord knot was at the BACK of JB's neck (she was face UP on the living room carpet). No way her fibers got on that cord and tape anywhere else but the basement, and let's not forget her fibers were also in the paint tote, which was in the basement. Patsy told LE she never wore that red sweater/jacket in the basement and never painted in it.
BTW, that's where she saw the red ink "heart", too. The basement. Of course, after mistakingly blurting out what a "pretty good little heart" (her words), she then realized that she couldn't have seen it unless she was either there when it was drawn or saw JB's hand before she died or before rigor set in. Patsy claimed she didn't notice it that day or before "putting JB to bed". So how could she have seen it? By the time Patsy allegedly saw JB's body, it was covered by the afghan, and her fingers were curled towards her palms in rigor. If you look at the autopsy photos, when JB is on the autopsy table, her fingers are more flexible because by that time (over 30 hours after death), rigor was passing off and the smallest joints pass off first.

You're not saying anything I haven't said for years now, freshwater! But you deserve credit for putting it so succintly.

Bingo!
Patsy tried the same thing. But she forgot that JB was already covered by an afghan when she threw herself on the body. And she forgot the tape remained in the basement and the cord knot was at the BACK of JB's neck (she was face UP on the living room carpet). No way her fibers got on that cord and tape anywhere else but the basement, and let's not forget her fibers were also in the paint tote, which was in the basement. Patsy told LE she never wore that red sweater/jacket in the basement and never painted in it.
BTW, that's where she saw the red ink "heart", too. The basement. Of course, after mistakingly blurting out what a "pretty good little heart" (her words), she then realized that she couldn't have seen it unless she was either there when it was drawn or saw JB's hand before she died or before rigor set in. Patsy claimed she didn't notice it that day or before "putting JB to bed". So how could she have seen it? By the time Patsy allegedly saw JB's body, it was covered by the afghan, and her fingers were curled towards her palms in rigor. If you look at the autopsy photos, when JB is on the autopsy table, her fingers are more flexible because by that time (over 30 hours after death), rigor was passing off and the smallest joints pass off first.

You left out the part where after falling on JonBenet's body, Patsy runs down to the basement, picks up the tape and places it over her heart, then wraps herself in JonBenet's blanket, and on her way back upstairs, she decides to pick up a paintbrush from her tote and do a paint dance.

You left out the part where after falling on JonBenet's body, Patsy runs down to the basement, picks up the tape and places it over her heart, then wraps herself in JonBenet's blanket, and on her way back upstairs, she decides to pick up a paintbrush from her tote and do a paint dance.

:floorlaugh:

Can't get the image of the "paint dance" out of my mind.

Ugh, what a waste of my time, that's an hour I'll never get back!

know why I am pissed?
the commercial said "Jones interviews one of the key investigators"
IMO that would have meant a detective who was ASSIGNED to the investigation not a defense team member
key investigator my #$#@@@
investigation discovery my @#$$%$

didn't see the show but I can imagine what it will do to my brains if I'll watch it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back