Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    I don't get it. If someone on the news says that this nuclear situation will be doomsday for the entire world, they are quoted here and everyone believes 100% what they have to say. But if someone says that no radiation will hit the US/we'll be fine/etc etc, they are ignored, lying, or they don't know what they are talking about.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Well, lots of you wanted to hear from him...he said about what I expected he would/could say. I don't feel better and I don't feel worse. I don't know what else he could have said, really.
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I don't get it. If someone on the news says that this nuclear situation will be doomsday for the entire world, they are quoted here and everyone believes 100% what they have to say. But if someone says that no radiation will hit the US/we'll be fine/etc etc, they are ignored, lying, or they don't know what they are talking about.
    I'm not sure that's exactly the case. I believe most of us are well informed, and no one is panicking. What I feel is I cannot believe anything any gov't tells me, I've been lied to too many times - Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction - you saw where that little tid bit has gotten us.

I think most of us just want to know the truth, prepare for the worst, and be happy when the worst doesn't happen. Is that so wrong?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Trust issues?

Can anybody think of a government that has been known for being honest to their people?

The press? How many cases do we hear so and so IS NOT a POI and they are quickly under arrest? Many, IMO.

We are victims of our press.
    We only know what they tell us and on an as need to know basis, if that. JMO

It is important to think for ourselves, prepare for the worst and hope and pray for the best.

Many hurricanes and weeks with no power or water teaches one these things.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

For what it's worth, I don't trust anyone, regardless of what they say. I am angered at the fact that there is so much conflicting information, and we can't seem to get a straight answer from either side due to evasivness, and what looks to me like arrogance on the part of all experts. We have heard every answer except, "We just aren't sure". Not only are the two countries contradicting each other, we are contradicting ourselves. (Surgeon General says there is nothing wrong with taking KI as a precaution, CDC says, no, bad idea.)

That is what angers me, and makes me believe that no one should be believed. ALL MOO.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    Trust issues?

Can anybody think of a government that has been known for being honest to their people?

The press? How many cases do we hear so and so IS NOT a POI and they are quickly under arrest? Many, IMO.

We are victims of our press.
    We only know what they tell us and on an as need to know basis, if that. JMO

It is important to think for ourselves, prepare for the worst and hope and pray for the best.

Many hurricanes and weeks with no power or water teaches one these things.
    "O" good one. Remember Katrina and being told things were under control, some politicians even patted each other on the back.

Yeah, anyone with a TV should have learned a lesson from that.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

Just to be clear, I did not say that I felt POTUS was lying. I am saying that we cannot know for certain what will happen b/c this is uncharted territory. We (no one) has ever come up against this situation. I believe we are not in danger now----but we don't know the final outcome yet, do we? Perhaps I am thinking of this too simply, but to me it will be over when these reactors are secure with no chance of leakage/blowage/meltage etc. Am I living my life like I think a radiation cloud will be over my head shortly? NO. I am just skeptical of everything b/c I feel there have been times that I have been purposely misled or given misinformation. JMHO.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lkhns For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Well, lots of you wanted to hear from him...he said about what I expected he would/could say. I don't feel better and I don't feel worse. I don't know what else he could have said, really.
    I think, FOR ME, it wasn't what he was or could say. It was more of a recognition that he is aware, being informed, working with the experts and staying on top of the situation that I wanted from him. His silence was saying more than anything he could have said.

I didn't expect him to come out and give us the reading that the drones picked up - or that several of the workers in the plant have sucumbed to radiation poisoning or that when this fuel reaches upteen thousands degrees its gonna blow. Just a recognition of the seriousness of this event and how important it is for all of us.

Like I said, he did what we all have been saying he should do, so I'll shut up for now.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    damage to the reactors danger to those nearby.
    evac'd US people that were within 50 milies

byond 50 mi radius no evacuation

should take purident mearsures IF situation deterioriates

authorized evac of all us deplendents who wnated it...
    Hmmm... that's not what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post
    A guy from my hometown, who currently lives in Japan, posted 12 hours ago on facebook that he was being evacuated. He lives 300 km south of anything. Scary!
    And I believe this guy, because he was saying there was nothing to worry about that he was so far away, etc. when people were posting that they were so worried about him and to get out of dodge. Then he posted, "well nevermind; we're being evacuated."

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Recovering-Lurker For This Useful Post:

Maybe he could have said he understood why we felt some discomfort, because of the many differing versions being told to us.

Maybe he could have spent a few minutes answering questions.

Maybe he showed me, once again, he is above the masses, when he turned around and walked off.

Maybe he had to pack for his trip to Rio.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

I was astounded that he didn't at least admit that the crisis was ongoing. His writer should get a kick in the pants. mo

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

well....i'm praying for california a lot march 19 thru 26.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tk71texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post
    Hmmm... that's not what I've heard.

And I believe this guy, because he was saying there was nothing to worry about that he was so far away, etc. when people were posting that they were so worried about him and to get out of dodge. Then he posted, "well nevermind; we're being evacuated."
    Well that is what the president said.. not me.. soo....

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

On Fox news they are reporting that 2 different flights from Tokyo landing at Chicago's O'Hare have passengers setting off radiation alarms. Not sure what this will mean if anything. I guess there is potential for contamination to other passengers. hmmmm............now that does not sound good.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lkhns For This Useful Post:

I don't feel that this has been at all doomsday. Maybe some have a lower panic level than I have and aren't comfortable with the what if's. I like the what if's. But, hmm, I guess we can just post the "flowery" stuff from now on. Well, ok, no I can't I'm allergic to flowers. lol. I know this is not a time to start arguing with each other...that's stoopid.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast