1263 users online (212 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Scottsville, WhtMale Skeletal 1372UMKY, 20-30, knee injury, Aug'83

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1372UMKY http://doenetwork.org/cases/1372umky.html
    NamUs UP Case 95 https://identifyus.org/cases/95

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on August 15, 1983 in Allen County, Kentucky
    * Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 years prior
    * Partial Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-30 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8-5'9"
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, long, slightly wavy hair. Old injury to right knee. Probably had degenerative arthritis. Bone mineral loss indicated he may have been abusing drugs.
    * Clothing: None.
    * Dentals: Available. #21 shows extensive carious destruction.
    * DNA: DNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD.

Case History
    The victim was located in a field, near Scottsville, KY, with blunt force trauma to head.

Agency Case Number:
    83-F-37
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Perry Juerrell Stokes
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9697/16

His photo was just added today to his NamUs casefile.

His height and age are consistent, and he bears a very good resemblance to the recon. The timeframe is one year. DoeNet indicates a 2-3 year postmortem interval, while NamUs indicates "weeks". Since the remains are partial skeletal, I tend to believe the DoeNet estimate.

I just sent an e-mail to Amy Burrows to look into this.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Depending on where you are in each county, Todd County and Allen County are only about 45 minutes to an hour apart...

This might be a good possibility.

Slightly OT -- I read BF in the thread title to be "boyfriend" and thought, "If he's unidentified, how do they know his boyfriend did it?"

It looks like a good possibility. With skeletal remains, the prominent scar wouldn't be a factor.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Perry Juerrell Stokes
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9697/16

His photo was just added today to his NamUs casefile.

His height and age are consistent, and he bears a very good resemblance to the recon. The timeframe is one year. DoeNet indicates a 2-3 year postmortem interval, while NamUs indicates "weeks". Since the remains are partial skeletal, I tend to believe the DoeNet estimate.

I just sent an e-mail to Amy Burrows to look into this.

I received a reply from Amy Burrows:

I just compared the dentals on Mr. Stokes and UP95 and they do not appear to be a match. I will have the odontologist take a look as well to get his input.
    Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

there is a missing man from KY named James Kinskey, last seen in March 1982. that would be less than the estimated date of death (they are only estimates).

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5629/7/

James was the right height (5'9") and hair color. James was let out of jail and was hitchhiking when last seen so ending up dead in a field is not out of the question.

on the downside, his Namus page says he had a healed fractured nose and the chins do not look identical, but depending on the view of the pics of James, you get different takes on the shape of his chin. also the UID had a knee injury which is not mentioned in James's profile.

not many missing men from KY at that time showing up in the databases.

I was looking at James Kinskey too after getting the rule-out on Perry Stokes. I don't remember why I passed on it and didn't put him up on this thread, but he's not completely out of the question.

What about James Anthony Galloway???

Case number 3640DMKY

Missing from Adair County in 1979 (a little further out than the estimate). He was 37 at that time (which is higher than the estimate); however, he had brown hair, was 5'8", and the county seat of Adair County (I could not figure out where Habit was in the county) is just a little over an hour from Scottsville.

The picture on Doe Network is not clear so I can't tell exactly what he looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
    What about James Anthony Galloway???

Case number 3640DMKY

Missing from Adair County in 1979 (a little further out than the estimate). He was 37 at that time (which is higher than the estimate); however, he had brown hair, was 5'8", and the county seat of Adair County (I could not figure out where Habit was in the county) is just a little over an hour from Scottsville.

The picture on Doe Network is not clear so I can't tell exactly what he looked like.
    probably not Galloway.

Habit, KY is just SW of Owensboro, which is across from Rockport, IN. the fact they found a bone in Galloway's truck that probably belonged to him (they did not have DNA testing then) is a pretty good indicator that he was killed not far from that truck.

Scottsville, KY, where this UID was found appears to be about 100 miles SE of Habit, KY so while it is not impossible for someone to transport a body across the state, it is not that likely.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    probably not Galloway.

Habit, KY is just SW of Owensboro, which is across from Rockport, IN. the fact they found a bone in Galloway's truck that probably belonged to him (they did not have DNA testing then) is a pretty good indicator that he was killed not far from that truck.

Scottsville, KY, where this UID was found appears to be about 100 miles SE of Habit, KY so while it is not impossible for someone to transport a body across the state, it is not that likely.
    OK - the location on Habit makes more sense now...Doe had it listed in Adair County and I could not figure out why Post 16 was investigating this...

With regard to Galloway...
    I don't understand why he is listed as being missing from Adair County. Both "Habit" and "Winkler-Mt Zion Rd" are in Daviess County, a considerable distance from Adair County.

Last month, I pointed out how another case should have its title changed (female to male).
    This one needs it done too. Could somebody switch it?
    (says "white female" and should say "white male")

I also think that it's a freak coincidence that these two cases were labeled wrong (seeing that they were obviously both typos).
    The other case is from an adjoining county in rural south-central Kentucky. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36930)
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by bflocket View Post
    Last month, I pointed out how another case should have its title changed (female to male).
    This one needs it done too. Could somebody switch it?
    (says "white female" and should say "white male")

I also think that it's a freak coincidence that these two cases were labeled wrong (seeing that they were obviously both typos).
    The other case is from an adjoining county in rural south-central Kentucky. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36930)
    I sent a message to the mods requesting the correction be made to the thread title. In the mean time, if you see something that needs a moderators attention such as this, please send them a private message. They won't know something needs attention unless a member makes contact as there are way too many posts here for the mods to see/read them all.

The mods can be located at the bottom of each forum or at the list of forum leaders on the bottom of the main forum page.

hth
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I have to give credit to Amy Burrows-Beckham who is far more responsive than Emily Craig ever was. I went back to look at other KY threads here and there are 5 rule outs listed for this UID including ALL 3 we discussed on this thread, Galloway, Kinskey and Stokes:

Gerald Bradshaw 1960 Virginia
    James Kinskey 1957 Kentucky
    Sean Phelan Unknown California
    Randy Sellers 1962 Kentucky
    Perry Stokes 1962 Kentucky

Edward Hale Tidwell went missing in 1981 from Marion Kentucky but he was headed toward Sturgis to check on a job. Their age, height, hair color (and his looks curly in the picture) are close.

Sturgis is northeast of Marion - Allen County is east. There is some distance between Sturgis and Scottsville but everything else looks interesting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast