Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Michael Pineau, 19, Ottawa ON, 15 March 2011

Canada - Michael Pineau, 19, Ottawa ON, 15 March 2011

Ottawa Police seeking public's help in locating a missing man

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 5:45 PM

(Ottawa)-The Ottawa Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing 18-year-old male, Michael PINEAU. He was last seen walking southbound on Chesterton Drive, at approximately 11:00 PM on Tuesday, March 15th, 2011.

He is described as being a white male, 6’-1”, 190 lbs., medium build, with short brown hair and having a mole on his left cheek, wearing a grey and black winter jacket, blue jeans and hiking boots.

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/mediar...936fbb04f.aspx
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Missing man
    Michael Pineau, 18
    Name: Michael Pineau
    Hair: short brown hair
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 190 lbs, medium build
    Last seen: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - at approx. 11:00 pm - walking southbound on Chesterton Drive (between Meadowlands and Viewmount drives).
    Wearing: a grey and black winter jacket, blue jeans and hiking boots.
    Other: Michael has a mole on his left cheek.

Anyone with information is asked to contact:

-- the Ottawa Police at 613-236-1222 ext.7500 or

-- Crime Stoppers at 613-233-8477 (TIPS) or toll free at 1-800-222-8477.

sources for images:
    - http://www.oyetimes.com/news/canada/...michael-pineau

- http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/local...in-finding-man
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Ottawa student, 19, missing since Tuesday

Pineau was last seen around 11 p.m. on March 15, distraught and running from his own house party heading south on Chesterton Drive between Meadowlands and Viewmount drives.

Pineau was said to be very upset.

Curtis Wilson, one of Pineau’s five roommates and a high-school friend from Mattawa, said that Tuesday night, he and Pineau were drinking at a party of eight or nine people at their home on Chesterton Drive. Pineau was joking around with another roommate when the two slipped on ice and she fell to the ground. Wilson said Pineau has been known to have feelings for the girl and was noticeably distressed by the incident.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Po...#ixzz1GzolAYf2
    ★ Thank you ★

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Michael, call home! Your Mom, sisters and friends love you and are very concerned!!

His family are pleading for him, or anyone who might have seen him, to make contact.

"We are deeply concerned about our son," Liz Pineau said. "Michael, please contact us. Everything will be fine. You are not in trouble. If anybody knows where Michael is, please come forward."

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Po...#ixzz1H4ZSqmxM
    ★ Thank you ★

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

“His family is here in Ottawa. We want him to know that we love him and we miss him and we want him to come back right away,” said Miriam Pineau, Michael’s sister.

Pineau left without his cellphone but had his wallet. However, he has not made any debit or credit transactions yet, said Miriam.

“This is not Michael. We are worried that he is injured or in the canal,” McAloney said.

Friday morning 20 to 25 family members and friends started searching for him all over the city.

“We all have maps, five of us are searching at the pine area, some are searching at mental facilities, shelters, hostels,” said McAloney.

Pineau studied one semester of humanities at Carleton University.
    That was my first thought too ... the Rideau Canal and all the freezing rain and melting snow and slippery ice.....and no bank activity..... I am hoping and praying he went to some friend's place to 'cool off' and will soon be phoning someone. COME ON MICHEAL!!!!

MAP: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...90895&t=h&z=14
    ★ Thank you ★

( 1 ) forgot to include link for above post -- here is the link : http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../17674151.html

( 2 ) only after reading a comment on a blog, I realized that the Ottawa Citizen article says Michael was wearing "mismatched hicking boots" : http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Po...664/story.html
    ★ Thank you ★

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

METRO OTTAWA
    Last modified: March 20, 2011 11:47 p.m.

Michael Pineau (19)
    Family searches for teen

The night Michael ran off he had been joking around outside with a roommate and the pair slipped and fell, she said. Michael apparently had a crush on the roommate and was upset, she said.

“He thought his friends were angry at him and they are not at all,” she said. “They’re just concerned.”
    http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/local...rches-for-teen
    ★ Thank you ★

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

★ Thank you ★

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

:( no news

Family ‘shaken’ by man’s disappearance
    By Jennifer Hamilton-McCharles, The Nugget
    Posted 3 days ago

<snisps>
    John Pineau was hoping his 19-year-old son, reported missing last week in Ottawa, would make his way back home to Mattawa.

But his whereabouts remain a mystery.
    Michael has been living in Ottawa attending Carleton University since Sept. 2009.
    "We consulted with police and sent search teams in the areas Michael was heading the night he went missing, as well as, areas he would have known like the downtown and Carleton University."

Sgt. Mike Lamothe of the Ottawa Police Service, said police are currently waiting for Michael's bank records to be released.

"We're hoping to get a tip from the poster campaign or a lead from a document we're having traced."
    Read more : http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3037133
    ★ Thank you ★

I really hope Michael is ok, and knows how much his family is worried about him. He is a family member of some close friends of mine, and they are so worried. I don't know many more details other than what is in the paper, outside of the fact(which you can sort of gleam from the articles) that there is a history of depression/mental illness. The family is currently scouring hospitals, shelters, and psychiatric hospitals to see if he has checked himself in anonymously or something. How terrifying.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

Family continues search for missing teen
    Michael Pineau, 19
    . .
    “They still put on their rubber boots every night and search the wooded areas where he might have gone,” she said.

Liz said Michael’s sister Miriam, who works for the City of Ottawa has garnered a lot of support from city staff and has posted a large map which volunteers used to identify possible search areas.

While the police are still on the case, Liz said because of the time since Michael went missing police elected to not do a ground search.

“They felt it wasn’t the best use of their resources,” she said.

Liz also said it was impossible for police to do a personality profile on Michael since he was intoxicated when he left, having drank eight or nine large cans of Molson Canadian beer.
    Pineau left the house with only $20 and his debit and credit cards. Liz said police have been monitoring his cards and have not noticed any activity since the time of his disappearance.

“They are posting pictures up at bus stations and as far away as Montreal and Toronto in case he hitched a ride,” Liz said.
    Liz said he put on his roommate’s hiking boot as he left and is wearing mismatched boots.

The family is still counting on finding him safe and sound.

We love him and miss him so much and want him to come back home right away,” Miriam said.
    http://www.yourottawaregion.com/news/local/article/971909--family-continues-search-for-missing-teen"]http://www.yourottawaregion.com/news...r-missing-teen[/URL]

I don't understand the reason for no ground searches by LE
    ★ Thank you ★

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
    I really hope Michael is ok, and knows how much his family is worried about him. He is a family member of some close friends of mine, and they are so worried. I don't know many more details other than what is in the paper, outside of the fact(which you can sort of gleam from the articles) that there is a history of depression/mental illness. The family is currently scouring hospitals, shelters, and psychiatric hospitals to see if he has checked himself in anonymously or something. How terrifying.
    Thanks for posting ellabella, I just cannot imagine how his family must be feeling I too am so worried for him and pray he will be found safe and well very soon.

There is a question that has been in my mind for some time now regarding him dropping out of Carleton U last December. The article above says his mom talked to him twice the day he disappeared and he seemed in good spirits. He had not enrolled yet for Sept. courses at Algonquin, and I am wondering if his family was aware that he had dropped out.
    Reason I am asking is perhaps he was struggling when/how to break the news to them? Just a thought.
    Liz said she normally talks to all her children a lot and had talked to Michael two times the day he disappeared.

“He seemed in good spirits,” she said.

Michael, who dropped out of Carleton University in December, where he was studying political science and humanities, was looking to his future.

Liz said police found applications to community colleges — including Algonquin — and an application to the Canadian Armed Forces.

“They thought that was a good sign that he was thinking forward and wasn’t in a deep depression or anything like that,” Liz said.

http://www.yourottawaregion.com/news...r-missing-teen
    ★ Thank you ★

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

hm. Interesting that he had dropped out, that is the first I read of it(or noticed it?) the family members I know are not from the same area as he is, and haven't really been able to get a hold of the family(assuming because they are just very busy searching) so I don't really know much other than what has been posted and hwat I've been reading.

It strikes me as odd that they say
    Liz said police have been monitoring his cards and have not noticed any activity since the time of his disappearance.
    Instead of just saying there HASNT been activity..maybe I'm just reading into it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

check the water....
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to burbqueen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    check the water....
    Agree. How far away was he from a body of water?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

They are definitely checking the canal, but the water levels are higher than normal for this time of year. The canal runs all the way through the centre of the city as well as the rideau river that it connects to. He is about 1mile from the canal. The family have been searching both, and from quotes in early articles, this is where they fear they will find him.

I think in part this fear is also because the last big missing student in Ottawa(from the same school) committed suicide in the same manner. I imagine this ways on them terribly in the midst of all this, since her case was fairly big in the news.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

To give you an idea, the first point is the adress of the party, the second is just a random point close to the water. He was seen running down chesterton towards Viewmount(at least thats what I recall from the article)
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...3&ie=UTF8&z=15

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    check the water....
    I too think that is the most likely cannot help but think of Nadia Kajouji , from same university (Carleton University)...her story was again in the news just lately, when the pretend nurse that encouraged her to go ahead commit suicide, was sentenced.
    ★ Thank you ★

Quote Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
    To give you an idea, the first point is the adress of the party, the second is just a random point close to the water. He was seen running down chesterton towards Viewmount(at least thats what I recall from the article)
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...3&ie=UTF8&z=15
    Here is another MAP (link HERE), zooming out on your map ellabelle, that shows the close proximity of Carleton University to both the Rideau Canal and the Rideau River.

Also the Ottawa River is not that far away. In an article I read that Michael knew well how to get from his home to Carleton U. and downtown Ottawa, which is up north the Rideau Canal.
    ★ Thank you ★

for Michael

Where are you Michael?
    ★ Thank you ★

According to the facebook, Michael has been missing for 1 month today with seemingly absolutely no clues. Sadly, I think come spring, we will know what happened to him, but I pray that I am wrong.

Unhappy

Few leads in missing man case
    Family cleans out son’s room in Ottawa
    The Nugget ~ updated 3 hours ago

<snips>

Michael Pineau's parents face the painful task of cleaning out the apartment he shared with a few roommates in Ottawa.

The communications division of the Ottawa Police Service said there are no new leads or developments in the Pineau case.

"It's pretty devastating. It's unbelievably tough," John Pineau said Wednesday. "We've been in constant contact with police, but there's just no leads. There's nothing.

"We've thought of the worst case scenarios and those thoughts are horribly difficult, but we're hanging on hope."

"We've done everything we can. We've hired a helicopter for an aerial search, conducted a . . . ground search and managed to keep this a high-profile case," Pineau said. "We've searched his running route in Ottawa, which is a 10-kilometre distance, and throughout his neighbourhood."

more : http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3077356
    ★ Thank you ★

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Just wantd to update that a body has been found, but NOT identified yet as that of Michael.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...eau-river.html

It was found however, just off campus to where he was going to school, and I have heard speculation that it is Michael who has been found. Prayers, no matter who it was, it was someones family.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ellabella For This Useful Post:

Just another update that dental records have been received in Ottawa today and the family should be heraing something today or tomorrow.

Again, whatever the outcome, someone has lost a loved one.

Identified as Michael. Rest in peace Michael

Body found in river was missing teen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Bo...039/story.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast