Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 726

Thread: State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    550

    State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

    New Thread - Court is in session for a half day today.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberPro For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,534
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    Like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3BNRF9ICc



    By the way, that is Otto coming out to tell the court gallery to be quiet.
    Indeed, if it has to do with denigrating the parents of 30-something married adults with children or personal remarks.

    I get the impression that today will be more secret testimony about beliefs from police officers that thought Nancy was murdered at home, but can't exactly point to any hard evidence. Police couldn't get a scent tracking dog to figure out where Nancy was the night before she disappeared. Blame it on the shoe. Police allege that Brad Cooper removed his license plate to avoid detection while disposing of Nancy's body, but realize not only that removing a license plate would draw more attention, but would also create unnecessary extra time at the dump site. Do they really believe that he removed a license plate to give himself an advantage?

    What if Nancy, upset about her circumstances (telling everyone she met about it), did go for a quick run on her own in the morning? She didn't always drive, sometimes she walked for groceries, and maybe sometimes she ran from home to go for a run. She was telling complete strangers about her plight, almost everyone she met heard her marriage woes. How do we know that she didn't encounter the wrong person at that difficult time in her life? Chandra Levy was murdered by a complete stranger even though her boyfriend looked good for it.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Indeed, if it has to do with denigrating the parents of 30-something married adults with children or personal remarks.

    I get the impression that today will be more secret testimony about beliefs from police officers that thought Nancy was murdered at home, but can't exactly point to any hard evidence. Police couldn't get a scent tracking dog to figure out where Nancy was the night before she disappeared. Blame it on the shoe. Police allege that Brad Cooper removed his license plate to avoid detection while disposing of Nancy's body, but realize not only that removing a license plate would draw more attention, but would also create unnecessary extra time at the dump site. Do they really believe that he removed a license plate to give himself an advantage?

    What if Nancy, upset about her circumstances (telling everyone she met about it), did go for a quick run on her own in the morning? She didn't always drive, sometimes she walked for groceries, and maybe sometimes she ran from home to go for a run. She was telling complete strangers about her plight, almost everyone she met heard her marriage woes. How do we know that she didn't encounter the wrong person at that difficult time in her life? Chandra Levy was murdered by a complete stranger even though her boyfriend looked good for it.

    Just because the police, or anyone else for that matter, "believe" BC murdered NC, doesn't prove, beyond reasonable doubt he did it. Evidence - not seeing too much of it thus far.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Indeed, if it has to do with denigrating the parents of 30-something married adults with children or personal remarks.

    I get the impression that today will be more secret testimony about beliefs from police officers that thought Nancy was murdered at home, but can't exactly point to any hard evidence. Police couldn't get a scent tracking dog to figure out where Nancy was the night before she disappeared. Blame it on the shoe. Police allege that Brad Cooper removed his license plate to avoid detection while disposing of Nancy's body, but realize not only that removing a license plate would draw more attention, but would also create unnecessary extra time at the dump site. Do they really believe that he removed a license plate to give himself an advantage?

    What if Nancy, upset about her circumstances (telling everyone she met about it), did go for a quick run on her own in the morning? She didn't always drive, sometimes she walked for groceries, and maybe sometimes she ran from home to go for a run. She was telling complete strangers about her plight, almost everyone she met heard her marriage woes. How do we know that she didn't encounter the wrong person at that difficult time in her life? Chandra Levy was murdered by a complete stranger even though her boyfriend looked good for it.
    Yes Otto, that is a good point about Chandra Levy. However, I will say running in a wooded park around D.C. is a bit more perilous vs Cary NC. Not to say it could not happen, but MUCH less likely. Also, Gary Condit had a solid alibi and there was nothing connecting him except they had a relationship. Thats like saying Pearson killed Nancy because they had a secret relationship....no evidence whatsoever.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Yes Otto, that is a good point about Chandra Levy. However, I will say running in a wooded park around D.C. is a bit more perilous vs Cary NC. Not to say it could not happen, but MUCH less likely. Also, Gary Condit had a solid alibi and there was nothing connecting him except they had a relationship. Thats like saying Pearson killed Nancy because they had a secret relationship....no evidence whatsoever.
    Hmmm...have they found the murderer of Jennifer Neilsen who was found behind a convenience store on Lake Wheeler Rd (less than 5 miles from Lochmere) the year before Nancy's death?

    http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/1502624/




  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cygnusx1 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
    Hmmm...have they found the murderer Jennifer Neilsen who was found behind a convenience store on Lake Wheeler Rd (less than 5 miles from Lochmere) the year before Nancy's death?

    http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/1502624/



    Yes, stabbed once and robbed in a very sketch part of SE Raleigh when she was delivering USA Today newspapers at 4:30 AM to a convience store.
    Big difference vs 7AM near Lochmere in Cary.

    Of course crimes like these happen in Wake County...its just not too often

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Yes, stabbed once and robbed in a very sketch part of SE Raleigh when she was delivering USA Today newspapers at 4:30 AM to a convience store.
    Big difference vs 7AM near Lochmere in Cary.

    Of course crimes like these happen in Wake County...its just not too often

    I don't think they've found her killer yet though. Have they?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cygnusx1 For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,534
    Is it true that the medical exmaner, Dr Butt, didn't complete a sexual assault examination? A woman was found on the side of the road in a new development. She disappeared 2 days earlier while out for a run. Why wasn't this test done? Were there too many bugs?

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Is it true that the medical exmaner, Dr Butt, didn't complete a sexual assault examination? A woman was found on the side of the road in a new development. She disappeared 2 days earlier while out for a run. Why wasn't this test done? Were there too many bugs?
    I recall he did administer the rape kit. Recall the bag shown to him as exhibit/evidence last week. Am I mistaken?

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,534

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    646
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks to SG for taking the time to go to court yesterday. I also wanted to thank all of those who've brought the pictures into the threads.

    Y'all are all so busy on here after I go to bed! I've caught up on all of the comments only to have to go to work today and miss all of today's testimony (of course, I'm guessing another blackout day).

    I did a search on Blackberry password protection. It is well documented in different Blackberry forums that entering an incorrect password 10 times results in erasing of all personal data from the Blackberry and it is unrecoverable. There are numerous posts about that topic prior to the time that JA Young wiped the BB memory and I found them easily doing a simple Google search. I don't know about the backup data. Maybe they did make a copy of the data on the phone to preserve evidence (like to a second BB) and that's what defense is referring to when saying the backup was also erased.
    Last edited by carolinalady; 03-18-2011 at 06:51 AM.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolinalady For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,701

    Brad's wedding ring

    I wonder if there are any pictures of Brad previous to Nancy missing that show him NOT wearing a wedding ring? I don't find any significance to the ring unless he just started wearing it after she disappeared.

    Re: the bed. Maybe we should all post a picture of our beds this a.m. before we make them (assuming everyone makes their beds daily) to see if all slept in beds look alike. I'd say no they don't.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,831
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinalady View Post
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks to SG for taking the time to go to court yesterday. I also wanted to thank all of those who've brought the pictures into the threads.

    Y'all are all so busy on here after I go to bed! I've caught up on all of the comments only to have to go to work today and miss all of today's testimony (of course, I'm guessing another blackout day).

    I did a search on Blackberry password protection. It is well documented in different Blackberry forums that entering an incorrect password 10 times results in erasing of all personal data from the Blackberry and it is unrecoverable. There are numerous posts about that topic prior to the time that JA Young wiped the BB memory and I found them easily doing a simple Google search. I don't know about the backup data. Maybe they did make a copy of the data on the phone to preserve evidence (like to a second BB) and that's what defense is referring to when saying the backup was also erased.
    So far, the only indication that JA Young actually erased the BB data is Kurtz saying so in his opening. In light of that several pieces of his opening have been shown to be, shall we say - windys ? Another came out yesterday, in his opening Kurtz also accused the FBI of wrong doing with respect to the computers, that was clarified yesterday and even Kurtz agreed the FBI did not do anything it should not have done.

    With that in mind and not being willing to accept Kurtz's opening, I'll wait for testimony regarding the supposed wipe out of Nancy's BB.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    So far, the only indication that JA Young actually erased the BB data is Kurtz saying so in his opening. In light of that several pieces of his opening have been shown to be, shall we say - windys ? Another came out yesterday, in his opening Kurtz also accused the FBI of wrong doing with respect to the computers, that was clarified yesterday and even Kurtz agreed the FBI did not do anything it should not have done.

    With that in mind and not being willing to accept Kurtz's opening, I'll wait for testimony regarding the supposed wipe out of Nancy's BB.
    Sure...that's why I almost always say "according to the defense" when I've brought it up.

  25. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    52


    Is this one of the photos that was taken on 7/12/08?

    The slightly crooked license plate was not what got my attention with this picture. It appears that this car is on the far side of the driveway and there would not be a way of pulling it into the garage without moving(or hitting) the SUV.

    It would seem that moving both cars would draw potential attention at this point in the morning to get this car into the garage. Was there damage noted on the front passenger side or the SUV or did the grass appear to be driven on this side of the driveway?

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to water_dancing For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by water_dancing View Post


    Is this one of the photos that was taken on 7/12/08?

    The slightly crooked license plate was not what got my attention with this picture. It appears that this car is on the far side of the driveway and there would not be a way of pulling it into the garage without moving(or hitting) the SUV.

    It would seem that moving both cars would draw potential attention at this point in the morning to get this car into the garage. Was there damage noted on the front passenger side or the SUV or did the grass appear to be driven on this side of the driveway?

    Wow, great point. I never noticed that.

  28. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    So far, the only indication that JA Young actually erased the BB data is Kurtz saying so in his opening. In light of that several pieces of his opening have been shown to be, shall we say - windys ? Another came out yesterday, in his opening Kurtz also accused the FBI of wrong doing with respect to the computers, that was clarified yesterday and even Kurtz agreed the FBI did not do anything it should not have done.

    With that in mind and not being willing to accept Kurtz's opening, I'll wait for testimony regarding the supposed wipe out of Nancy's BB.
    It's in the motion to dismiss and it states that the defense received a letter 9 months after the erasure of the phone that notified them that the contents had been erased.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to carolinalady For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    Excellent catch (if it is his left hand that had the bandaid)


    It is an excellent catch but does more to bolster the injuries being healed by the time the picture was taken. If he had a bandaid on, I would think it was covering some kind of cut. So the day she went missing, there was an injury to that finger that required a bandaid. When the picture was taken several days later, no evidence of the cut.

  31. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    It is an excellent catch but does more to bolster the injuries being healed by the time the picture was taken. If he had a bandaid on, I would think it was covering some kind of cut. So the day she went missing, there was an injury to that finger that required a bandaid. When the picture was taken several days later, no evidence of the cut.
    Yes, if it were a 'cut', that would be more innocent vs a scratch or abrasion.
    5 days later and no visible mark tells me it was more of a superficial scratch caused when she tried to pry his hands off her neck.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Yes, if it were a 'cut', that would be more innocent vs a scratch or abrasion.
    5 days later and no visible mark tells me it was more of a superficial scratch caused when she tried to pry his hands off her neck.
    If he needed a band-aid...that would indicate it was enough of a scratch/cut to bleed. That would not likely be healed enough to not be visible 5 days later.

  34. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    If he needed a band-aid...that would indicate it was enough of a scratch/cut to bleed. That would not likely be healed enough to not be visible 5 days later.

    .I can see using the band-Aid to simply mask the scratch

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:


  36. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missourah
    Posts
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    If he needed a band-aid...that would indicate it was enough of a scratch/cut to bleed. That would not likely be healed enough to not be visible 5 days later.
    Neosporin with a bandaid and three days on a superficial booboo, it's gone. Done it many times.

    Good morning all.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias


  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    If he needed a band-aid...that would indicate it was enough of a scratch/cut to bleed. That would not likely be healed enough to not be visible 5 days later.
    Assuming the "cut" is not on the palm side of the hand.

  39. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Assuming the "cut" is not on the palm side of the hand.
    Sure. Again, all we know is that there is nothing visible on the 17th. Great police work cpd

  40. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,857
    There is a letter from CPD saying the BlackbBerry Pearl was erased and some details about how it happened.
    I'll try to find it...

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011
    By CyberPro in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
  2. Replies: 222
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
  3. State v Bradley Cooper 3.14 .2011 - 3.?.??
    By otto in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 521
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
  4. State v Bradley Cooper 3.11.2011
    By RaleighNC in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
  5. State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011
    By RaleighNC in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •