Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I think it would have been a legal nightmare if she took the children away for vacation and didn't return, but given the fact that she was facing expulsion from the country and leaving her children behind, I think the Canadian legal system would have kicked in and helped resolve it in her favor.
    I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Canadian Court could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Court in Calgary could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.
    I don't think her immigration status was much of an issue, considering that we currently have millions of illegal aliens from Mexico living here and they are not deported unless they get arrested for a crime, and even then they usually don't deport them.

I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    So you think they had enough evidence to put him in jail *before* the custody dep.?

If so, they clearly baited him.
    I don't know if they had it before. But clearly they had reason for caution.

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Nancy herself was not in touch with Interact, but a friend who was very familiar with Interact's services and the signs of domestic violence was aware of the escalating tension and the weird list that Brad had written, and she spoke to Nancy about her situation when they had lunch on Fri 7/11/08. By the next morning Nancy had been murdered. This friend testified at the custody hearing in 2008.
    Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA
    The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.

The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.
    I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?

Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx.

Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx.
    You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...

I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?
    I actually didn't take any notes. I forgot to bring paper, and my netbook battery was completely dead and I wasn't near a power outlet (plus you're not allowed to type on something that makes a clicking noise). I was able to remember most of what I observed.

You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...
    Heh! I really think that's an in-person request. I think the reaction on his face to such a question would be part of the overall 'experience.'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmodule View Post
    Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?
    If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.
    It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
    I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimeAddict For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Both my wife and myself have very busy schedules and not uncommon for us to have events scheduled for the same day. We always remind each other, "Don't forget that I am doing X at Y time" When NC *went* running that morning why did BC not remind NC of the tennis event?
    How do you know he didn't?

HP Affidavit - Reference BC's List.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Maja For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    How do you know he didn't?
    You are correct, however I only know that it has not been mentioned during the deposition or any testimony so far.

So, is it fine to use my BlackBerry for #coopertrial tweets--provided I have everything on mute? I have an iPad, but it isn't 3G, so I guess it will be worthless inside the courtroom apart from note taking/questions to ask later, etc...

Do we have something similar to a round robin club of trial observers? It would be great to share some "local color" in addition to the WRAL feeds on normal days, but especially on the "dark" days (from the home viewer perspective, anyway), when the undercover officers offer testimony. Those blackout days were tough--thank goodness for Sleuthy Gal--you rock!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NCB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    You are correct, however I only know that it has not been mentioned during the deposition or any testimony so far.
    I agree with that, but very little of what was said between them is in a deposition. Lots of what was said by her to her friends is though.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I was just listening to the custody deposition. It was the equivalent of having him on the stand for a murder trial. I am surprised at the questioning when it was only supposed to be about whether he was fit to retain custody. So the prosecutors have 7 hours of interview to use for their case and it's doubtful they ever planned to let him keep the kids. They used the custody to get him to talk. Then they indicted him a couple weeks later. I wonder how much contact the prosecutors had with Alice Stubbs. She *was* the prosecutor in a sense, not a divorce attorney.
    That's the way it goes. In the custody hearing for Jason Young he refused to give a depo.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeAddict View Post
    It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
    I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol
    I don't know that anyone has said that it was $300 except Kurtz. I know one friend said $80. I would suspect that the amount may have been different in different weeks depending on how many bills were due and how much he had.

It's really freaky how Nancy was livid about Brad's controlling behavior and then turned up murdered the very next morning when things had gotten to a boiling point between them. I mean talk about the worst luck Brad has, that someone else just happened to murder the woman he despised. What an amazing coinky-dink!

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    I don't know that anyone has said that it was $300 except Kurtz. I know one friend said $80. I would suspect that the amount may have been different in different weeks depending on how many bills were due and how much he had.
    hmm wow, thanks for letting me know. I think I have heard $300 so many times now I have taken it as fact. So I guess we don't know and maybe never will know how much he was giving her and if it just wasn't a realistic amount to take care of groceries and the girls and she really felt tortured, besides ATM withdrawels (assuming he gave it all to her when he withdrew) I guess there is no way of knowing.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    It's really freaky how Nancy was livid about Brad's controlling behavior and then turned up murdered the very next morning when things had gotten to a boiling point between them. I mean talk about the worst luck Brad has, that someone else just happened to murder the woman he despised. What an amazing coinky-dink!
    He's almost as unlucky as Scott Peterson. Imagine saying your wife is dead at Christmas and lo and behold she ends up being murdered shortly after. What are the odds??

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:

New Thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131211"]State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Is it true that the medical exmaner, Dr Butt, didn't complete a sexual assault examination? A woman was found on the side of the road in a new development. She disappeared 2 days earlier while out for a run. Why wasn't this test done? Were there too many bugs?
    I recall he did administer the rape kit. Recall the bag shown to him as exhibit/evidence last week. Am I mistaken?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast