GUILTY MN - Trevor Robinson, 19, dead, 10 hospitalized in party drug OD, Blaine, March 2012

Missizzy

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this but I actually think that these "legal" drugs are a risk to both adults and children. What a tragedy. You go to a party expecting to have fun....you expect to come home. My prayers are with Trevor's friends and loved ones.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mass_...uX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA21pbm5vdmVyZG9zZQ--

Minn. overdoses show gray area around party drugs

"After nearly a dozen teenagers overdosed and one died from taking a hallucinogen at a house party, investigators determined the substance was a version of a banned rave-party drug that can be purchased online.
Initially, authorities even said it was legal. But the case of the concoction called 2C-E exposes a law enforcement gray area surrounding a dangerous class of "cousin drugs" that in some cases are only a molecule apart from their banned relatives.

Authorities on Friday arrested a 21-year-old man suspected of providing the drug to the teens. He was being held on suspicion of third-degree murder.
The dead youth was identified as Trevor Vance Robinson, 19, of Coon Rapids. He was one of 11 people ranging in age from 16 to 21 who fell ill late Wednesday in this Minneapolis suburb...."

and

"...a good friend of Robinson's who said the two had done the drugs together, described 2C-E as combining the effects of LSD and psychedelic mushrooms. "You couldn't really focus on anything. Your mind is racing," Young said of his experience on 2C-E. "You don't know what's going on at all."

more at link

This is such a scary thing. All of these new drugs that are being made, with some people thinking that they are safe or okay to use because they aren't illegal (yet). I hope they find out where these kids got it from. Not just the person who bought it.

So sad. Prayers for Trevor and for his family.

Scary stuff. This could be anyone's child.

Another article about the death in Blaine, MN. This was only 7 weeks ago:

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/118182584.html

Blaine man arrested after overdose at house party
March 18, 2011

"A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the group of teenagers and young adults that overdosed on a synthetic drug early Thursday at a house party in Blaine.

"Timothy Richard Lamere of Blaine is being held on suspicion of murder in the third degree. Police said he purchased and provided the drug 2 C-E to the group, which killed 19-year-old Trevor Robinson, and sent 10 others to the hospital with overdose symptoms...."

more at link

10 year sentence for this one.

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/143807586.html

I'm a little disgusted b/c this kid is being used as an 'example' of sorts and by how the federal government is sticking its head in.

I really, really don't think he should have gotten that long, or be threatened by the 20 year federal sentence. He made a mistake, he should have researched the drug online instead of just jumping in and buying some. His friend would still be here, and he wouldn't be in prison.

I agree with the sentence. These "legal" drugs have got to be banned. As mentioned, most of them are only a molecule away from their cousin drugs that are illegal.

Unfortunately, the system does have to make a statement that drugs are bad for you, any kind of drugs, legal or not. And I don't even want to get started on the prescription drug abuse! Just sayin'

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back