1351 users online (266 members and 1085 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Berlin zoo: Beloved polar bear Knut has died

BERLIN – Berlin's beloved polar bear Knut, who rose to stardom when he was hand-raised by zoo keepers after being rejected by his mother rejected at birth, died on Saturday, a zoo official said.

The world-famous bear died alone in his compound, bear keeper Heiner Kloes told The Associated Press.

"He was by himself in his compound, he was in the water, and then he was dead," said Kloes. "He was not sick, we don't know why he died."

A post mortem will be conducted on Monday to try pinpoint his cause of death, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110319/...any_knut_death

RIP Knut! You were a rock star during your short life.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

So young!

RIP Knut.

Poor widdle Knut.
    Run free at the bridge dude, no more cage for you.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

How sad, especially at his young age.

Rest in Peace, Knut
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

This is so sad. I didn't know about Knut until a couple of years ago; Baby Mr. E had to listen to the "Knut" song on youtube and read a Knut board book before going to bed. She loved that little guy (although I realize he wasn't little when he passed)!

RIP Knut!
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Poor Knut, I just adore polar bears and he my fav. Maybe his mom sensed something when she refused to care for him? I recall there being a big uproar that people interviened to save him. I'm still glad they did. He was one cool bear

R.I.P. Knut

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Poor Knut, I just adore polar bears and he my fav. Maybe his mom sensed something when she refused to care for him? I recall there being a big uproar that people interviened to save him. I'm still glad they did. He was one cool bear

R.I.P. Knut
    I think it would be extremely unlikely for the mother to sense he was going to die four years later after being perfectly healthy all this time. From what I've read, he was moved into the enclosure with three adult older female bears (one was his mother) and might have been suffering stress as a result. I also hope that when they do an autopsy they check his blood to see if he ingested something, especially considering he did receive a death threat in the past.

"An attempt to get him to mate with a female polar bear failed and when he was moved into an enclosure last year with three older female bears, including his mother, Tosca, animal rights organisations and fans complained he was being bullied and suffering stress as a result."
    http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...ut?pageCount=0
    Last edited by jjenny; 03-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.

coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
    How sad. RIP Knut.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I think we watched a movie about Knut? I remember being so sad when I read that his person that he was so attached to died. RIP, Knut...

ETA... Yes it was 'Knut and Friends'...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Berlin zoo: Brain problems led to Knut's death

BERLIN Brain problems apparently caused the shockingly early death of Knut, Germany's four-year-old celebrity polar bear, the Berlin Zoo said Tuesday.

Initial findings from a necropsy performed Monday by an institute in the German capital showed "significant changes to the brain, which can be viewed as a reason for the polar bear's sudden death," the zoo said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110322/...any_knut_death

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

There is a video on liveleak that shows his passing. He definitely appeared to suffer some kind of seizure before falling into the water. So sad but at least he went quickly. RIP Kunt!

oh so sad poor bear its so sad his own mom rejected him too ..

Knut had brain swelling caused by infection and drowned.
    "Pathologist Claudia Szentiks said a necropsy of the four-year-old bear who died suddenly two weeks ago showed he was suffering from encephalitis, an irritation and swelling of the brain that was likely brought on by an infection."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...nt;cbsCarousel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast