789 users online (131 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Father turns in his own children for bullying

This is kind of interesting. Father says he was bullied as a child and when he saw his own kids bullying someone he dragged them to the police station:

An Ipswich father claims he was so irate when he caught his two children attacking another that he turned them into police to be charged.

The father, known only as Matt, told Brisbane radio station 97.3FM he witnessed his 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter bashing a 13-year-old boy, breaking his jaw, because he wore glasses.

Enraged after experiencing similar bullying in his childhood, he marched his children to a police station to have them charged with assault.

He said he also sold his son’s car and daughter’s horse as further punishment.
    More at:

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/fat...ml?from=smh_sb
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

That wasn't bullying - that was assault! Good for him - he gets my vote for Father of the Year!

Agreed! And he gave them appropriate consequences at home and it sounds like they were remorseful.

Gotta wonder what they've been up to prior to this (apparently the school said they were involved with this boy before but it had to be more than that)...

More parents should be this way!! He is my hero.

Pay the consequences for your actions, children!!
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Sometimes it's not the parents who want to cover for bullying. I was going to do that with a teen relative for kicking a younger child, but his narcissistic counselor called and let my husband think she was an authority and said not to do it. He's still in big trouble for kicking though, and the counselor has been reported for her bullying and antics.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Sometimes it's not the parents who want to cover for bullying. I was going to do that with a teen relative for kicking a younger child, but his narcissistic counselor called and let my husband think she was an authority and said not to do it. He's still in big trouble for kicking though, and the counselor has been reported for her bullying and antics.
    Sad...sometimes adults just don't get it about teaching personal accountability. This father got it because he had experienced bullying...I wish more parents would get it- and schools as well. There's still alot of "ignore it and it will go away" and "toughen up" mentality out there....

Now that's what I call appropriate action for bullying. And a father who loves his kids! To look the other way, he would in some ways be enabling actions like this and of course it would continue. And eventually they would get caught or someone would be hurt worse. If so they would be paying, and paying without the first showing the court that they have responsible parents. So in some ways he actually helped them by getting them in trouble.

I know it hurt to do it. But good for you Dad! It really shows you do care.

I agree 100% mysteriew. From the sound of the article, it seems like he really made an immediate difference in their lives. I hope he is right that they are truly remorseful.

Go Dad.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I agree...that is a great Dad, good for him...
    Just my, no one elses

Awesome job, Dad!!

Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    This is kind of interesting. Father says he was bullied as a child and when he saw his own kids bullying someone he dragged them to the police station:

An Ipswich father claims he was so irate when he caught his two children attacking another that he turned them into police to be charged.

The father, known only as Matt, told Brisbane radio station 97.3FM he witnessed his 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter bashing a 13-year-old boy, breaking his jaw, because he wore glasses.

Enraged after experiencing similar bullying in his childhood, he marched his children to a police station to have them charged with assault.

He said he also sold his son’s car and daughter’s horse as further punishment.
    More at:

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/fat...ml?from=smh_sb
    It's hard to do that as a parent. You don't want your children to be hurt, you want to protect them. But as a parent it is so important to teach your children that there are consequences.

The earlier in life that you learn to accept and deal with the consequences of your own actions, the better.

To the dad in the article - you rock, dude!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    It's hard to do that as a parent. You don't want your children to be hurt, you want to protect them. But as a parent it is so important to teach your children that there are consequences.

The earlier in life that you learn to accept and deal with the consequences of your own actions, the better.

To the dad in the article - you rock, dude!
    I agree, Tuffy, it is hard...We don't ever want our children to be hurting, and make excuses for them sometimes when they hurt us, nevermind someone else.

Kudos to all the parents who have mastered tough love...It is not easy, for sure.

I read the article... incredible! I'm amazed that, despite losing their own popularity in school, the kids are still remorseful rather than bitter about it, and that they themselves wanted the money from the car and horse to go to their victim.

Made me teary, but I'm pregnant. Maybe just hormones :P

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Go Dad.
    Dad rules!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast