Have you received your sunshine usage bill yet?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/2011/01/who-owns-the-sun-spanish-woman-lays-claim-.html

Who Owns the Sun? Spanish Woman Lays Claim
January 26, 2011 7:00 AM

...Now, Angeles Duran, a 49-year-old woman from Salvaterra do Mino, Spain, has gone one step further: She's gone to her local notary public and claimed ownership of the Sun.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law," she told the Spanish daily El Mundo, according to AFP. "I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."...

...Ms. Duran told El Mundo she plans to charge all users (that would be us) a fee. She'd give half the proceeds to the Spanish government, 20 percent to Spain's pension fund, 10 percent to research, 10 percent to ending world hunger. She would keep the remaining 10 percent for herself.

What will she do if you don't pay? Turn it off?

Villard retorts: "I'd advise Duran against renaming the sun because it already has good branding and market share. But she needs to trademark the word 'sun.' She could also assert copyright over sunset, sunrise, and solar eclipse photos. She could insist that the credit line read: 'Sun, courtesy of A. Duran.'"

"The downside is that Duran is now also now responsible for all damages caused by the sun," he writes. "If someone can sue McDonalds for spilling hot coffee in his or her lap, than anyone can sue Duran for sunburn...."...

How is she going to setup a pricing structure? I live in one of the cloudiest cities in the US why should I pay the same as a Californian?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/2011/01/who-owns-the-sun-spanish-woman-lays-claim-.html

Who Owns the Sun? Spanish Woman Lays Claim
January 26, 2011 7:00 AM

...Now, Angeles Duran, a 49-year-old woman from Salvaterra do Mino, Spain, has gone one step further: She's gone to her local notary public and claimed ownership of the Sun.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law," she told the Spanish daily El Mundo, according to AFP. "I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."...

...Ms. Duran told El Mundo she plans to charge all users (that would be us) a fee. She'd give half the proceeds to the Spanish government, 20 percent to Spain's pension fund, 10 percent to research, 10 percent to ending world hunger. She would keep the remaining 10 percent for herself.

What will she do if you don't pay? Turn it off?

Villard retorts: "I'd advise Duran against renaming the sun because it already has good branding and market share. But she needs to trademark the word 'sun.' She could also assert copyright over sunset, sunrise, and solar eclipse photos. She could insist that the credit line read: 'Sun, courtesy of A. Duran.'"

"The downside is that Duran is now also now responsible for all damages caused by the sun," he writes. "If someone can sue McDonalds for spilling hot coffee in his or her lap, than anyone can sue Duran for sunburn...."...

How is she going to setup a pricing structure? I live in one of the cloudiest cities in the US why should I pay the same as a Californian?

smiley-vault-misc-123.gif

I just got a disconnection notice for not paying!!!!! jk lol

just think of all the lawsuits for sun damage...burns, property fading, crop failures< droughts, cancer victims.

if she owns it, she's responsible for damages isnt she?

yikes!

Um, ya'll are my witnesses. I am officially laying claim to - Air. Yep, mine all mine. Now ya'll best start holding your breath til you subsribe to the right to breath it!

wow, this lady must have entirely too much time on her hands.

tlcox, please I need some air, do you accept AmEx?

for the low low price of 19.99 per month you may breath to your little heart's content and I DO accept AmEx ;)

for the low low price of 19.99 per month you may breath to your little heart's content and I DO accept AmEx ;)

You need a better marketing strategy. I'd suggest;

3 days of air per month for $4.99

One week of air per month for $9.99

Two weeks of air per month for $14.99

Four weeks of air per month for $19.99

or the best deal $199.00 for a full year of air.

You'd probably be wise to add a caveat such as;

Lungfull Co. is not responsible for any pollutants in the air you breathe we start with pure fresh air. What pollutants are in the air are the responsibility of those who put them there. All lawsuits for bad air must be made with the pollutant manufacturer.

JMO

Where do I go to make a complaint? I don't like the sun spots that interfere with my cell phone service.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back