1158 users online (247 members and 911 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Kymel Oram, 17 mos, beaten to death, Brooklyn, 17 March 2011

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c..._to_death.html

The apartment was in okay shape and there was food in the refrigerator," a police source said. "Apparently that's all they look at."

Neighbors said the suspected abuse was an open secret. One told the Daily News she saw Kymell more than once sitting alone crying in a hallway.

"Sometimes when the baby was crying they would leave the baby outside the door," Maribel Pejada said. "He would hit his head against the door trying to get in. It was awful."

edited to change title
    Last edited by peeples; 03-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.

The foster mother has food in the fridge, brushes with law over catfights and shoplifting, and a boyfriend nicknamed killer, yep, everything looks fine here.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I dont understand? it's foster care, if you find you cant handle it, should you not just call up and tell social services that you cant? why would you keep and abuse an already harmed child?

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    I dont understand? it's foster care, if you find you cant handle it, should you not just call up and tell social services that you cant? why would you keep and abuse an already harmed child?
    Sadly...Money.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Maybe having a brain should be a requirement for being a foster parent. Ya think???

And a boyfriend named "Killer"...hmmmm...seems like it should be a real red flag to CPS.....

So sad. If this little guy survives, I wonder if he will be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

Screaming tot, silent neighbors; Phone call before Thursday could have changed things

Poor angel. :-(

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...neighbors.html

If only Tejada had called 911 to report 17-month-old Kymell Oram was being repeatedly locked out of his foster mother's apartment until he cried himself out and stopped banging his head against the metal door.

At the very least, the police would have notified the Administration for Children's Services and given it cause to reconsider its recent determination that 32-year-old Teyuanna Cummings was a suitable foster mom.
    The cops arrived at the apartment on Brooklyn's Fountain Ave. to find that the child had been savagely battered. Cummings told police she had left him in the care of her boyfriend, Kysheen Oliver, known as "Killer," while she walked another foster child and her daughter to school.

Cummings said she returned to find that Killer had dressed the boy and changed the sheets in the crib, not exactly Killer's usual MO. She said she then noticed that Kymell was spitting up blood.

Early Saturday afternoon, Killer surrendered at the 75th Precinct stationhouse. Anybody called Killer is almost certainly a total punk who will try to pin it on Cummings.

Cummings was apparently in her apartment, declining to respond to knocks on the door where Kymell was repeatedly seen to bang his head. The door did open for a man who announced himself as Doug.

As he entered, a well groomed lapdog greeted him, neither growling nor cringing in the way of an abused pooch as he reached down to pet it. A dog in this household seems to fare better than a toddler.

"How's the baby?" Doug could be heard asking. The next door neighbor, Tejada, had been in her apartment earlier in the day. A teen who was apparently her son answered a knock and told me the family had nothing to say.

"We don't want to talk," he said.
    This article indicates that the neighbors may have been threatened by a gang....

"Sorry," the father said.

He clearly meant he was sorry they could not talk. She had changed her story after the cops spoke to her and perhaps they had since advised her not to speak at all. Or, it might have been the fresh graffiti somebody had scrawled on their door. An "8" above "IIICE" above "CGE," by one law enforcement official's guess gang code for the enforcer of the 83 Crips. Maybe some of Killer's pals were trying to send the Tejadas a message
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

Boyfriend nicknamed Killer - check
    Close association with gang known for brutality - check
    Encounter with LE over cat fight - check
    Encounter with LE over shoplifting - check
    Regular practice of abandoning screaming toddler in hallway - check

Sounds like this woman is more than qualified to take in and nurture abused children.

I am so sick of child welfare.

MOO the entire system, nationwide, needs to be dismantled and reassembled in a manner that makes sense and in a format that is about the best interest of the CHILD.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I think the foster parents are paid pretty well, especially if the child has some sort of 'special needs'. I saw something on TV about this and some were getting funds cut because of budgets.

Yeah, some do it for the money, not in the best interest of the child

And I ask myself why again??? I cannot currently be approved for foster care because of other stupid mistakes I have made in my past.... ( financial, my criminal record is clean as a whistle, never even a traffic ticket)

It makes me sick to think people are doing it for the money, and not out of love, all most of these kids need is love and support. Is that too much to ask????

I'd like to jerk a knot in the neighbor's ass as well.How can you ignore an innocent like baby locked out of his home.I would have taken him into my home and called 911.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Oh my, my heart is breaking as I think of this poor baby banging his head on the door to be let in!

How many times does this have to happen before someone calls someone???? I'm sooooo angry that this neighbor saw this and did nada! She could have called and remained anonomous.

Another article

http://www.wpix.com/news/local/wpix-...,6206821.story

listing him in critical condition.

More harrowing details emerge in this awful case. The perp was a monster. But maybe the foster mom wasn't such a demon--Kymell was born addicted to heroin and according to a friend, she (foster mom) nursed him back to health.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...th-old/?src=mv

Hey guys, he has passed away. :-( :-( :-(

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/04...-foster-home/#

The city medical examiner's office says 17-month-old Kymell Oram died in a hospital on March 28. He was hospitalized on March 17 with blunt force injuries, cuts, broken ribs and damage to his lungs.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

Rest peacefully little Kymell. I am sorry you were treated poorly at every turn in your brief life little man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast