1034 users online (212 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Utah now has an official state firearm. . .

It's always good to see our elected officials focusing on the true priorities of serving the people.

I have a few words for this, but I'll hold my tongue in this company.

(...and I suppose Hemlock is the State Flower?)

I guess this makes some sense, given the fact that Browning grew up in Utah, and in timing with the 100th anniversary of the M1911, but I have to say - with a "part time legislature" that only meets for 45 days a year, and with 24 state symbols already, it does seem to me that they might have had better things to do with their time...

It definitely sends a message: the old boys take care of their own and their own's ancestors.

It's no different than taking time to vote on any other state symbol. I kind of like it.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    It's no different than taking time to vote on any other state symbol. I kind of like it.
    I kind of like it too. But then again I really like 1911s.

I doubt they spent much time on this either. No debate. Likely they introduced it, then voted. Probably a matter of minutes.
    Legislatures do this type if thing on a regular basis. We're hearing about this one because it involves *gasp* guns.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    I kind of like it too. But then again I really like 1911s.

I doubt they spent much time on this either. No debate. Likely they introduced it, then voted. Probably a matter of minutes.
    Legislatures do this type if thing on a regular basis. We're hearing about this one because it involves *gasp* guns.
    I agree 100%. And yes, 1911's are very cool, lol.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    When can I move to Utah? Looks like I'll be packing up, hitching the wagon, and heading out there. Just hope the horses can make the trek.

What? What you say? This isn't the 1800s? Well, shut my mouth.

I still think it's a cool idea. An official firearm. So, this means what, exactly? One can carry in Utah, but it must be M1911? Intriguing.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.