784 users online (101 members and 683 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

Missing Swindon woman last seen leaving nightclub
    Police are concerned for the safety of a 22-year-old woman who went missing after leaving a Swindon nightclub in the early hours of Saturday.

Sian O'Callaghan, who is from the town, was last seen leaving the Suju club. Nobody has heard from her since.

She is 5ft 3in tall and was last seen wearing a grey dress.

Officers are carrying out searches of a forest near Marlborough, after it was thought a call was made from Ms O'Callaghan's mobile phone from there.
    more at BBC link above
    ---
    The search was concentrated on Savernake Forest on the outskirts of Marlborough, Wiltshire, as they believe a call was made from her mobile phone in the area.

There were ‘grave fears’ for her safety, said detectives.
    ---

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/858623-g...nished-at-club
    ---
    Wiltshire Police confirmed Miss O'Callaghan had been assaulted in the toilets of the Suju club in October 2008, when another woman punched and hit her.

A spokeswoman said: "We are aware of a previous assault, but we are very much focusing on the here and now. It is not a focus of the investigation at the moment."
    ---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12799196
    ---
    She has never gone missing before and always kept in close touch with her family, who are said to be extremely worried.
    ---
    Chief Inspector Mike Jones of Wiltshire Police said: ‘For Sian not to return home after a night out and not make any contact with friends or family is not only unusual for her, but is something that she has never done before.

‘Sian doesn’t appear to have any reason in her personal life that would indicate that she might want to leave the area and she is normally an avid Facebook user, but has not used her account since earlier in the day on Friday. Sian’s family are extremely worried about her.’
    ---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nightclub.html
    ETA
    60 POLICE COMB FOREST IN HUNT FOR CLUBBER SIAN, 22 (Express)
    Last edited by wfgodot; 03-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Also:
    Miss Callaghan's boyfriend Kevin Reape has been spoken to by police but is not a suspect.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/858623-g...nished-at-club

Vanished... after girls’ night out

The Sun has more pictures, the club, Sian and boyfriend, plus map of area

So scary. I hope Sian is found safe and soon.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

What a gorgeous girl. How scary that searchers are looking for her in a wooded area, where her phone may have pinged.
    I wonder why she left the club? One article stated it appeared she left alone.

Come home Sian....

I wonder did she try to call for help on her phone from this forest area. Her friends say they last saw her talking to a woman and she told them she would see them on the dance floor in 15 minutes. If she was going anywhere willingly, I'm sure she would have informed her friends since they would be waiting in the club for her. I hope she will soon turn up safe and well.
    Last edited by whiterum; 03-21-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Press conference on ITV news (news @ 1:30pm has started now) shortly to show parents appeal.
    Last edited by Redgoblin; 03-21-2011 at 09:42 AM.

MISSING WOMAN: Police search the Lawns
    THE hunt for missing 22-year-old Sian O'Callaghan has moved to the Lawns area of Swindon.
    ---
    The entrance to the park is opposite Suji nightclub - the last place Sian was seen in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Officers were also seen searching the drains and bins in the Old Town Co-op car park.
    ---
    More at Swindon Advertiser - which has provided excellent local coverage - link above.

Please find Sian, begs boyfriend
    ---
    Kevin Reape broke down as he told a police press conference in Swindon how worried he was after his 22-year-old girlfriend vanished following a girls' night on Saturday.

He said: "I just want to say how worried we are about Sian, someone out there must know where she is.

"This is a terrible time for all of us and we are hoping for her safe return."
    ---
    more at Sun link above

I note this has stayed mainly in the tabloids and hasn't crossed over to the broadsheets yet. Class differences between this and Yeates case perhaps.

Swindon police are asking businesses in the Old Town area with CCTV cameras to come forward as they continue to search for missing Sian O’Callaghan. The 22 year old was last seen leaving the Suju nightclub in High Street at 2.50am on Saturday. CCTV footage shows her turning left in the direction of Wood Street. She has not been heard from since.
    ---
    A number of business premises in Old Town have CCTV cameras and police are hoping they may hold clues to what happened after Sian after she left Suju.
    ---
    http://swindon-business.net/index.ph...-come-forward/

I live down the road from this girl - have friends who know her and I know the forest that her phone pinged from and its big and very creepy - a massive area to search very worrying I am praying shes okay. I go to the club she left and you have a lot of men pulling up to drive you home and not proper taxi's so I suspect she got in one of these - I am not too hopeful but really pray shes okay.

Welcome to WS, linzuk.

Last edited by KateB; 05-13-2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

SWNS leads its report with this eye-opening detail:

Police had previously warned that a sex attacker was at large targeting young women on the same streets where Sian O’Callaghan went missing, it emerged yesterday.

Three separate sex attacks in Swindon, Wilts., – in which one woman was raped after being forced into a car – saw the area’s top cop issue urgent safety advice.

Chief Superintendent Paul Howlett urged clubbers to go out in groups and not walk home alone after the women were attacked during nights out in the town.
    ---

http://swns.com/sex-beast-targeted-w...ng-211408.html

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast