665 users online (76 members and 589 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - James Bubear, 19, Bath, Somerset, 13 March 2011

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find anything on this in the missing persons forum. - mods of course may delete if it's already been duplicated.

Police in Bath are appealing for help tracing an 19-year-old student who's gone missing from his flat in the city.

They say they're very concerned for the safety of James Bubear because his disappearance is completely out of character. There has been no contact between him and his friends or family since Sunday night, March 13, and he has not returned to his student flat on the Lower Bristol Road.
    Police in Bath have released new CCTV images of missing student James Bubear, and are appealing for a woman to come forward who spoke to him on the street on the night he was last seen.

James, 19, disappeared after leaving the Vodka Revolution club in George Street on Sunday, March 13, where he'd been at a fancy dress party with friends.
    http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...2952&t=1&lid=3

The father of a missing 19-year-old has spoken of his growing concern for him as police divers search the river in Bath for another day today.

Detectives are increasingly worried about Bath Spa University student James Bubear, who vanished at the weekend.

James, who is in the first year of a media and creative writing course, disappeared after going to a party with friends at the Revolution bar in George Street on Sunday night.
    http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Con...l/article.html

Any lakes or rivers nearby??

ETA, nevermind I see they are searching waterways, I hope he didn't drown, so many are found in the water after a night at the bars
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Just after 11pm, he is seen talking to a young woman at the junction of James Street West and Charles Street, opposite Green Park Station.

They were together for around five minutes, after which the woman went off and James sat down in a nearby doorway.

His mobile phone and passport were found there by a street cleaner the next morning.

Chief Inspector Simon Ellis said: “It’s very important that the woman seen with James contacts us immediately.”
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-28368176/

POLICE have confirmed they have found two bodies - one of which they believe to be Sian O'Callaghan.

A 47-year-old Swindon man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and two murders.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n..._bodies_found/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

I wonder why this guy is not listed on missingpeople.org.uk?

Hundreds join march for missing Welsh student

MISSING Welsh student James Bubear’s sisters led a masquerade march yesterday around the university town where he vanished 14 days ago.

Hannah and Amy Bubear led 400 of James’ friends and family around Bath in the hope of stirring memories of the teenager, who has not been seen since leaving a party at a nightclub in the town.

I'm afraid this lad's disappearance has had very little publicity, at least as far as I know. I wish all those who go missing would have maximum media exposure. They all have loved ones who are worried sick and want to find them.

This is the latest information on the case from the Bath Chronicle:

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Fru...l/article.html

Family's blog for James with updates: http://findjamesbubear.co.uk/wordpress/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

Body of missing Bath student James Bubear recovered from River Avon
    Tragic James Bubear, 19, left Vodka Revolution in Bath, Somerset, at around 10.30pm on Sunday 13 March and walked off alone.
    ---
    But officers finally recovered a body believed to be James from the river in Twerton, Bath, this morning after receiving a report from an Environment Agency.

Avon and Somerset Constabulary have not formally identified the body yesterday but an informal announcement was made on Facebook confirming the identity.
    ---
    more at SWNS link above

Oh no! I'm very saddened to hear this.

Terrible news.
    RIP James. RIP.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

Sad news.

Coming from Bath myself (I was born in that city and grew up there) I can only imagine the route he might have taken (from his last known whereabouts) home to Waterside court which could have taken him over the Midland bridge, on Midland bridge road.

Assuming he stuck to the main route (the most direct and really the only route) home he would have crossed the bridge and continued along the A36 lower Bristol road.

Going this way he would be moving away from the river Avon.

There are only a few legitimate reasons why he may have ended up on the footpath to the river, otherwise he would have gone over the aforementioned bridge I already mentioned.

I'll await what the press will mention about the post-mortem, but I'll be quite surprised given the geography if it was of natural causes / accident.

Bath Chronicle has a more thorough article than the one I posted earlier:

Body found in search for missing James Bubear
    ---
    A statement posted on the [Facebook] group said: "Hi it's Jacques here.

"I am with the family at the moment and Vanda has asked me to let you all know that it has unfortunately been confirmed that it is James.

"I'm sure the family would like some privacy at the moment to come to terms with this.

"Sorry to bring the bad news and love and many thanks to all that has helped through this awful time. R.I.P James, always loved never forgotten xxx"
    ---
    the rest at link above

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoblin View Post
    Sad news.

Coming from Bath myself (I was born in that city and grew up there) I can only imagine the route he might have taken (from his last known whereabouts) home to Waterside court which could have taken him over the Midland bridge, on Midland bridge road.

Assuming he stuck to the main route (the most direct and really the only route) home he would have crossed the bridge and continued along the A36 lower Bristol road.

Going this way he would be moving away from the river Avon.

There are only a few legitimate reasons why he may have ended up on the footpath to the river, otherwise he would have gone over the aforementioned bridge I already mentioned.

I'll await what the press will mention about the post-mortem, but I'll be quite surprised given the geography if it was of natural causes / accident.
    It struck me odd that he's the 4th young man to go missing after leaving a bar/pub and walking home by a river. Two in the Pacific Northwest USA, one in Spain and now James, that I'm aware of.

What they all have in common is they were drinking beer. I'm only guessing at that because beer is the favorite alcoholic beverage of young men.

Now after you've had a couple beers what do you need to do? Take a wee! I don't think it's too far fetched to imagine they fell into rivers while taking a wee!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast