1089 users online (222 members and 867 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 112
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    3,227

    JY Trial - Witnesses

    Just wondering about MM on the witness list. In a post by Just The Facts - tks for the info JTF :-) in one of the stickies, I read MM is now estranged from her husband.

    Hardly surprising they split after those Search Warrants were revealed! Wonder if he may also be called as a witness to his ex-wife's (if they're divorced) extra marital affair with this creep?

    There must be a shopping list of witnesses in this case, outside of LE alone. JY's ex employees; those present at the "meeting" he was apparently late for; the Dr. prescribing the meds found in Cassie's room; the Hampton Hotel staff; so many more, indeed.

    Might his mother be called as a witness for the Prosecution? If so, one would imagine she may be a fairly hostile witness. Ditto his sister, Kim. Will be really interesting reading others thoughts and opinions on this as time passes. The SWs may be a drop in the ocean in comparison to the full cache of evidence collected.

    Oh what a tangled web we weave ....

    Poor Michelle - and baby Rylan, of course! Thoughts and hugs to her family as the coming months re-open terribly painful wounds. Our thoughts and strength to them all.

  2. #2
    less0305's Avatar
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,243
    Annie, I can't wait to see the witnesses in this case. MM would surely be a witness, don't you think??!! I mean, surely she's going to have to testify since she was an integral part of his life at that time. I can understand why HM wasn't called during BC's trial - that ship had sailed and was over and done with. She had moved on to fresh material. But with JY - it was ongoing, and she surely will have to be questioned about things he told her in reference of their continued life together beyond just being sleeping buddies. I hope they put his mother on the stand. And I pray it is televised or recorded for viewing on wral or something - because I have just got to see this woman!!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    62
    PSA, I would think these folks will be called in addition to the standard CCBI, WCSO, ME

    1- Meredith Fisher
    2- Linda Fisher
    3- Pat Young
    4- Michelle Money
    5- Shelly S. (was at home watching Greys’s anatomy 11-2-06)
    6- NY Times paper delivery man
    7- CStore clerk in King NC
    8- Hillsville Va Hampton Inn- Manager, desk clerk and maintenance man
    9- Chart-One boss
    10- Dickenson Community Hospital administrator
    11- Male friends (former) of JLY he confided in.
    12- Female friends of Michelle she confided in.
    13- Brown-Wynn Funeral home director
    14- Verizon / At&T wireless reps.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Garner, NC
    Posts
    540
    Hey guys! I am trying to figure out what evidence they have for JY.
    I have been digging and all I see is possibly blood everywhere and maybe a receipt for gas? Do you guys know where I can look or where you have discussed this? Is it mostly Circumstantial and he wanted to be with MM so he killed her, is that the motive? I don't have much info and I am trying to bring myself up to date. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the sweet Carolina pines
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimeAddict View Post
    Hey guys! I am trying to figure out what evidence they have for JY.
    I have been digging and all I see is possibly blood everywhere and maybe a receipt for gas? Do you guys know where I can look or where you have discussed this? Is it mostly Circumstantial and he wanted to be with MM so he killed her, is that the motive? I don't have much info and I am trying to bring myself up to date. Thanks!
    This article lists some of the evidence. http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3912962/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    3,227
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    PSA, I would think these folks will be called in addition to the standard CCBI, WCSO, ME

    1- Meredith Fisher
    2- Linda Fisher
    3- Pat Young
    4- Michelle Money
    5- Shelly S. (was at home watching Greys’s anatomy 11-2-06)
    6- NY Times paper delivery man
    7- CStore clerk in King NC
    8- Hillsville Va Hampton Inn- Manager, desk clerk and maintenance man
    9- Chart-One boss
    10- Dickenson Community Hospital administrator
    11- Male friends (former) of JLY he confided in.
    12- Female friends of Michelle she confided in.
    13- Brown-Wynn Funeral home director
    14- Verizon / At&T wireless reps.
    Great list - saved me going back (lazy, eh). Wonder if JY's mother may be subpoenaed by pros? If so - may be hostile. Mrs. Y may plead the 5th.

    The defense have their work cut out for them in this one, I do declare. No - not that it's a slam dunk ... just that there is some immense writing already on the wall. This wasn't a 3-month nab and grab the suspect. This arrest was a long time coming.

    And FWIW I really don't feel this will be another 8-weeker trial - as per Brad Cooper. Surely promise me we're *not* going to hear endless inept police work, frame-ups and LE tampering all over again (rolls eyes).

    Brad's about to have a new mate. An IN-mate!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    3,227
    Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    Annie, I can't wait to see the witnesses in this case. MM would surely be a witness, don't you think??!! I mean, surely she's going to have to testify since she was an integral part of his life at that time. I can understand why HM wasn't called during BC's trial - that ship had sailed and was over and done with. She had moved on to fresh material. But with JY - it was ongoing, and she surely will have to be questioned about things he told her in reference of their continued life together beyond just being sleeping buddies. I hope they put his mother on the stand. And I pray it is televised or recorded for viewing on wral or something - because I have just got to see this woman!!
    Hi less

    RPD provided a great list. MM's on it. She's got to be horrified to be publicly identified. Her marriage crashed after all of this. Fool around; expect trouble. Always happens. Not necessarily ending in murder, thank God - but trouble always beckons.

    JY's mother will be on his def witness list, I'm sure. Outside of mom, I really can't think of a single person who may volunteer to defend him, other than typical defense-elected official experts (psychologists, doctors, cell phone folk, etc).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Garner, NC
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by 3doglady View Post
    This article lists some of the evidence. http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3912962/
    Thank you! I should have found their archives! I wonder how long this trial will be. Definitely will be interesting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post
    Just wondering about MM on the witness list. In a post by Just The Facts - tks for the info JTF :-) in one of the stickies, I read MM is now estranged from her husband.

    Hardly surprising they split after those Search Warrants were revealed! Wonder if he may also be called as a witness to his ex-wife's (if they're divorced) extra marital affair with this creep?

    There must be a shopping list of witnesses in this case, outside of LE alone. JY's ex employees; those present at the "meeting" he was apparently late for; the Dr. prescribing the meds found in Cassie's room; the Hampton Hotel staff; so many more, indeed.

    Might his mother be called as a witness for the Prosecution? If so, one would imagine she may be a fairly hostile witness. Ditto his sister, Kim. Will be really interesting reading others thoughts and opinions on this as time passes. The SWs may be a drop in the ocean in comparison to the full cache of evidence collected.

    Oh what a tangled web we weave ....

    Poor Michelle - and baby Rylan, of course! Thoughts and hugs to her family as the coming months re-open terribly painful wounds. Our thoughts and strength to them all.
    Hi, Polk!!

    I will probably be going thru this trial along with you and some of the Gang of Fourteen! Do you think this one will take as long as the Cooper-Duper?

    BBM - Why do you think the Pros. might call her? If they do, she might give the term "hostile witness" a whole new meaning(!). Why would they call her?


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    Annie, I can't wait to see the witnesses in this case. MM would surely be a witness, don't you think??!! I mean, surely she's going to have to testify since she was an integral part of his life at that time. I can understand why HM wasn't called during BC's trial - that ship had sailed and was over and done with. She had moved on to fresh material. But with JY - it was ongoing, and she surely will have to be questioned about things he told her in reference of their continued life together beyond just being sleeping buddies. I hope they put his mother on the stand. And I pray it is televised or recorded for viewing on wral or something - because I have just got to see this woman!!
    And Hello to you, less!!! Yes, we're just like bad pennies -- we're ba-a-a-ack! Fightin' for the women and the babies, again....

    IIRC, seems like WRAL already mentioned coverage -- I hope the judge won't make a difference in live coverage...
    As for MM - it will be interesting to hear how much she will be willing to say without it being slo-o-o-o-owly pulled out of her. Is she likely to be completely forthright and truthful -- does she care about JY enough to be "hedgy"? I don't think her skin is at risk here.

    Obviously, I've lost my edge on the details of this case.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimeAddict View Post
    Hey guys! I am trying to figure out what evidence they have for JY.
    I have been digging and all I see is possibly blood everywhere and maybe a receipt for gas? Do you guys know where I can look or where you have discussed this? Is it mostly Circumstantial and he wanted to be with MM so he killed her, is that the motive? I don't have much info and I am trying to bring myself up to date. Thanks!
    Hi, there! This blog has a pretty comprehensive list and analysis of the possible evidence upcoming....

    http://frictionpowered.wordpress.com...ichelle-young/

    It helped me get a really great handle on the upcoming case!
    Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” Albert Einstein

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    PSA, I would think these folks will be called in addition to the standard CCBI, WCSO, ME

    1- Meredith Fisher
    2- Linda Fisher
    3- Pat Young
    4- Michelle Money
    5- Shelly S. (was at home watching Greys’s anatomy 11-2-06)
    6- NY Times paper delivery man
    7- CStore clerk in King NC
    8- Hillsville Va Hampton Inn- Manager, desk clerk and maintenance man
    9- Chart-One boss
    10- Dickenson Community Hospital administrator
    11- Male friends (former) of JLY he confided in.
    12- Female friends of Michelle she confided in.
    13- Brown-Wynn Funeral home director
    14- Verizon / At&T wireless reps.
    Good list!

    What about that counsellor that Michelle was seeing?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post
    Hi less

    RPD provided a great list. MM's on it. She's got to be horrified to be publicly identified. Her marriage crashed after all of this. Fool around; expect trouble. Always happens. Not necessarily ending in murder, thank God - but trouble always beckons.

    JY's mother will be on his def witness list, I'm sure. Outside of mom, I really can't think of a single person who may volunteer to defend him, other than typical defense-elected official experts (psychologists, doctors, cell phone folk, etc).
    Hey Annie!

    So what would she have to say for the Defense? Basically that he contacted her about swinging by to pick up some furniture? Or the terrible way they were treated by LE when they arrived in Raleigh? Or the number of towels she had to give jason on the trip back?

    I think the pros would definitely like to question her about the 28 calls they had the morning after the murder. Maybe as you say she will be declared a hostile witness. Haven't heard of one of those since Kato Kalin.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    4,074
    I'm trying to get up to speed on this one. It's been so many years, and I can see I've got a lot of cramming to do pre trial.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Thanks to all who have posted links to this case. I am trying to refresh my memory and the links have been a great help.
    Looking forward, in a bittersweet way, to this trial moving along. I will never live long enough to understand all of these men who think murder is easier than divorce.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Wild Card Witnesses - Trial Week 2 and Beyond
    By yllek in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
  2. Witnesses...Who do you think are the most credible witnesses?
    By allycat1208 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 03:31 AM
  3. Trial Witnesses
    By CCup in forum Sheri, Garrett and Gavin Coleman
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
  4. Subpoena of witnesses for trial?
    By calgarygal in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Tags for this Thread