NY - Angel Rondon, 52, found dismembered in his Bronx home, 14 March 2011

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
This is really sad and extremely disturbing....

The mutilated body of a 400lb man has been found stuffed in a duffel bag in a blood-spattered apartment.
Angel Rondon, 52, had been beaten to death, cut into pieces and stuffed into the bag at his flat in Soundview, New York, police said.

Officers made the grisly discovery as they responded to an unrelated call but were drawn to the flat by the stench coming from it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inside-duffel-bag-blood-soaked-apartment.html

This supposedly happened in the US but I couldn't find any news source covering the story. There's a photo on a site that I'm not allowed to link to, that shows a large bag on a gurney with two uniformed people.

In trying to post a link for the article and photo, and having this only link to show up under the "news" section for google, I'm starting to be very skeptical that this may be a hoax. It sounds way to gruesome to not be covered here.

*****JMO*****

I'm starting to be very skeptical that this may be a hoax. It sounds way to gruesome to not be covered here.

Other sites are covering it now...it is on MSNBC for starters:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42182380/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/

This had to be a friend or associate that wanted to cover up the crime. I guess they thought they could clean up and dispose of the body but it just became too much?

Also if he was 400 lbs they probably couldn't move the body into the bath tub to bleed it out so they ended up with a horrific bloody mess during the dismemberment. As the mess got worse and worse it dawned on them cleaning the place up and discretely carrying out the parts was not an option.

The police found cleaning supplies; i can't help but envision the killer/s with a bottle of windex in one hand and paper towels in the other thinking "okay this isn't going to do the job".

How could a 400 lb man be stuffed into 1 duffel bag? This doesn't seem quite right.

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. Musta been the biggest duffle bag ever! Very sad if true. My hinky meter is a barking

Other sites are covering it now...it is on MSNBC for starters:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42182380/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/

This had to be a friend or associate that wanted to cover up the crime. I guess they thought they could clean up and dispose of the body but it just became too much?

Also if he was 400 lbs they probably couldn't move the body into the bath tub to bleed it out so they ended up with a horrific bloody mess during the dismemberment. As the mess got worse and worse it dawned on them cleaning the place up and discretely carrying out the parts was not an option.

From the msnbc link:
"Police responding to another call Saturday noticed a putrid smell outside the apartment. Inside they found his body wrapped in a blood-drenched laundry bag placed in a kitchen closet."

So...not technically a duffel bag, I guess...?

How awful.

he was cut into pieces so that would make it easier to fit into a laundry/duffel bag ...

he was cut into pieces so that would make it easier to fit into a laundry/duffel bag ...

Still...400 pounds of body parts (sorry)...that's a lot to fit into any type of bag. This is very disturbing and very sad. :( How anyone could do that to another human being is beyond comprehension.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/Body-Found-Inside-Laundry-Bag-20110321-APX

reported by Fox.

This is probably not getting a lot of coverage because in media reports it is being said that Mr. Rondon was involved in drugs (selling is what I think I read). We know that that marginalizes his murder. A very sad fact we see whenever a victim is reported to have engaged in what is considered "high risk" behaviors (examples: prostitution, drugs, etc.).

Prayers for Mr. Rondon's family. How horrific for them.

Jeez, what is up with all the dismemberment? Wonder if the killers got the idea from all the sensationalism around the ZB matter. Guess the actual logistics of it were a bit more than the perp(s) bargained for.

If I'm thinking correctly, one laundry bag would likely do it. (In my mind, I'm picturing the big plastic-y kinds that will hold an entire weeks worth of laundry at a time. They sell them at dollar stores around here.) Considering how much of a persons weight comes from blood (which would have mostly drained out), fat (which would have been ill contained, if he was hacked at), and other fluids like bile and acids and so forth (which may or may not have been drained), I can see him fitting into one laundry bag if he was cut into small enough pieces. (I'm sorry for any mental images. Truly.)

If the stench was strong enough to draw the officer's, why didn't anyone else notice? Didn't he have family or friends? (Although it may have been one of them that did this, in fact, I would bet on it.)
I guess the only upside is that this doesn't seem to be a repeat perp. They obviously didn't quite know what they were getting into, and although they had the stomach, they must not have had the supplies. I hope they catch the perp. Mutilations like this make me sick and I hate that the people that carry them out get to walk around free, even for a day.

This link says he was a drug dealer. Makes me doubt my family or friend theory, but still means it wasn't random (probably). Make sme feel a little better that there isn't someone out there hacking up the helpless with hatchets. (And by helpless, I mean obese, because face it, someone his size wouldn't have been able to do much to get away. Limited mobility would have been a big factor for him. MOO)

And from the looks of that body bag, not all of him would have fit in one of the bags I was picturing. maybe they mean that part of him was in the bag? I seriously can't picture a laundry bag big enough.

Make sme feel a little better that there isn't someone out there hacking up the helpless with hatchets. (And by helpless, I mean obese, because face it, someone his size wouldn't have been able to do much to get away. Limited mobility would have been a big factor for him. MOO).

If he was in fact a drug dealer why would that make him helpless? Typically drug dealers are expected to be well armed especially in their own house. Even if they don't want to shoot anyone (especially in a close apartment setting) that would give them more reason to look well armed to discourage a robbery.

One of the neighbors said he asked her to keep her children out of the hallway in front of his apartment, seeing as he supposedly liked the local children that implies he was worried about their safety in some way. If that was true then he knew some of his clientele was rough and potentially violent, if he were selling pot or prescription drugs to nice college boys or soccer moms the warning would not have been necessary.

If he was in fact a drug dealer why would that make him helpless? Typically drug dealers are expected to be well armed especially in their own house. Even if they don't want to shoot anyone (especially in a close apartment setting) that would give them more reason to look well armed to discourage a robbery.

I never said that being a drug dealer made him helpless. I said that being 400 pounds made him helpless due to limited mobility. Many drug dealers have guns, but don't have the need to have them immediatley on hand in their own homes. If someone came at him with a hatchet, I din't see him being able to quickly get up, dodge the blows, run to a different room or even reach under a piece of furniture, retrieve the weapon, and get off a shot before he was hacked at least a couple of times.

The fact someone tried to clean this up and hide the crime is so very very odd. Since no one noticed for several days I wonder if he had someone living there with him. If the neighbors didn't know he was missing, or notice the horrific stench why would they take note of another person living in the apartment??? Especially with various people coming buy to buy drugs?

If someone WERE living there (maybe a friend or a transient or some sad addict he allowed to stay) then they might have had the reason to try to clean up the crime so they could continue staying in the apartment?

I also wonder if this was the work of a true crazy, possibly schizophrenic person. Why would they have a hatchet? Most apartment dwellers don't keep hatchets handy around the house, how many people in NYC even have a hatchet? Another possibility would be someone was very very angry, so angry they not only wanted this guy dead they wanted to keep chopping until his corpse was annihilated.

The fact someone tried to clean this up and hide the crime is so very very odd. Since no one noticed for several days I wonder if he had someone living there with him. If the neighbors didn't know he was missing, or notice the horrific stench why would they take note of another person living in the apartment??? Especially with various people coming buy to buy drugs?

If someone WERE living there (maybe a friend or a transient or some sad addict he allowed to stay) then they might have had the reason to try to clean up the crime so they could continue staying in the apartment?

I also wonder if this was the work of a true crazy, possibly schizophrenic person. Why would they have a hatchet? Most apartment dwellers don't keep hatchets handy around the house, how many people in NYC even have a hatchet? Another possibility would be someone was very very angry, so angry they not only wanted this guy dead they wanted to keep chopping until his corpse was annihilated.

Most of the morbidly obese do have someone living with them, they are the "enablers" who buy, cook, bring the food to the person, shop, bathe, and do whatever else the obese person needs. That said, yes, no doubt there was someone living with him; usually the "enablers" are family members, or a spouse.

Since his was the only body there, I would be looking more to the "enabler" than a drug deal gone wrong.

It's my understanding that the attempt to clean up means that the killer may have had a connection to him. A stranger wouldn't need to clean up, they could deny knowing him or only knowing him slightly. But a person who knew him well might find it convienent for him to just disappear, and may feel that it would be too easy to connect them to him if he was found murdered.

Good point about the dealers usually having easy access to guns. So another indication that this was most likely someone who he trusted.

I don't think that it was premeditated. Otherwise they would have planned better in how to dispose of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back