977 users online (207 members and 770 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Threat detected?

Never had this issue before. Starting this afternoon Avast started blocking WS. Doesn't block any other site I've tried, just this one. Had to turn off my anti-virus just to get in the forums. Has anyone had this problem recently? Took a screen shot for reference, hopefully I attached it right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had the same thing happened. I am also running Avast. Son said to report it to WS, but I see i was beat to it.

Same problem here, had to shut off Avast. Never had problems before, hope it gets fixed.

Thank you for letting us know! We'll look into it.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Thanks Everyone. This is really strange. We will definitely look into it and get back to you.

Are there any other virus programs that are doing this? If so please post about them here.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I use Norton and I have had no problems, if that helps at all.

Salem

No problems with AVG.

Same thing here. Blocked and had to turn avast off. Plus avast start this loud SHRIEKING which scares my cat.

Blaise
    YOU PEOPLE ATE CHILI WITHOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Same problem with Avast. It just started today.
    Namaste

My definitions just updated and it seems to now be loading ok again. Very odd...talk about timing...ha. No sooner did I use my phone to post that I was having the same problem, Avast suddenly updated itself. I have tried loading a few times and all is well - must have been an issue with virus definitions detecting a page script incorrectly. Just like everyone else here, it only happened on this site. The update removed the issue (for me anyway.)
    Last edited by DVDR; 03-21-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Namaste

It's the anti virus program....I read their forums and they were having issues. I was having the same problems.

I've having the same problem with Avast. Had to turn it off to get here. I can't figure out how to manually update the virus definitions, so I'm going to try re-starting and see if that solves the problem...brb.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDR View Post
    My definitions just updated and it seems to now be loading ok again. Very odd...talk about timing...ha. No sooner did I use my phone to post that I was having the same problem, Avast suddenly updated itself. I have tried loading a few times and all is well - must have been an issue with virus definitions detecting a page script incorrectly. Just like everyone else here, it only happened on this site. The update removed the issue (for me anyway.)
    Yep, update fixed it. Told DF about it earlier, when I got home home I logged on WS and said "it's fixed!!" he said "yea you're welcome.. update Avast, dummy.." Like I was supposed to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by RLynne View Post
    I've having the same problem with Avast. Had to turn it off to get here. I can't figure out how to manually update the virus definitions, so I'm going to try re-starting and see if that solves the problem...brb.
    On the left click "Maintenance" then you should see a "update program" button. If the restart doesn't do it for you automatically of course.

Ok, I restarted my computer, Avast updated it's virus definitions, and I can now get here with no problem (the annoying "threat has been detected" announcement kept making my cat jump). Whew. That was weird.

Although...I came here specifically to check back into the political pavilion, after giving myself a self-imposed time-out for a bit, since I was getting all worked up--since I'm still feeling worked up, I'm going to take this as a sign from the computer gods to keep just poking around other forums for now, lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast