1253 users online (209 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

2011.03.25 - Desiree's Roller Derby Event this weekend

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._still_tr.html
    Article by Lynne Terry

(Odd phrasing stating that this is the first event since the search in January...a search is quite different from a fund raiser...)
    Just my opinion, of course.

Then this coming Saturday, the Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, is staging a roller derby in Medford to drum up more money for the Multnomah County search fund.
    Cluc the fund raiser is for the search fund.
    The last search in Jan.
    This is the first event since then.

Has all of the money collected been turned over to MCSO? I didn't know that.

I don't know either, I just took that line from the article you posted.

Smile

snipped from :

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._still_tr.html

Then this coming Saturday, the Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, is staging a roller derby in Medford to drum up more money for the Multnomah County search fund.

"Kyron thoroughly enjoys going to the roller derby and watching it," said Young. "We thought this would be a good way to honor him and raise money for the search."

Thanks so much for keeping us posted on Kyron and the search fund.

This is case is just so heartbreaking !

Prayers for Desiree and a successful event on Saturday, and,

Prayers for Kyron and that he is found soon !

Was listening to Gayle King show on Oprah Radio XM this morning in the car... DY will be on sometime this morning.... assuming to discuss this event.... at work now and can't access XM...anyone have ability to listen and let us know what happens???
    "I have to clarify one thing... Ms. Drane-Burdick is not Mr. Baez's secretary." - Jeff Ashton, 7/15/10

here it is, courtesy of Stacey Green at the Roseburg Supports Kyron Horman facebook page:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-QwZkm_Ol8[/ame]

Desiree said this event's purpose was to raise money for the search and to "honor" Kyron. When asked where she thought Kyron was she said somewhere in Portland. When asked if she believed he was still alive, she replied that she hoped so. Very clear to me that she believes he is no longer with us IMO. I am filled with sadness but until Kyron is found, I will hold onto a great deal of hope for a miracle that he is alive. Miracles do happen and I'm counting on one for Kyron.

I adore Desiree for her continued efforts to find her son. She is an uplifting and positive role model for anyone missing a precious child. Billie Jean Dunn could learn a lot from her.

MOO

Mel

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I adore Desiree for her continued efforts to find her son. She is an uplifting and positive role model for anyone missing a precious child. Billie Jean Dunn could learn a lot from her.

MOO

Mel

I totally agree ! Desiree is a wonderful woman and mother !

Everyday I look to see if there is ANY kind of update on Kyron.

Prayers that Kyron is found soon and Prayers for Desiree, Tony and Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post

MOO

Mel
    You are absolutely right.

However, some things cannot be learned. They are instincts. You either have them... or you don't.

Desiree definitely has them. That is what makes her such an amazing advocate for her son.

I hope that all her hard work pays off and she finds Ky, along with justice.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Has all of the money collected been turned over to MCSO? I didn't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    I don't know either, I just took that line from the article you posted.
    According to the Gayle King clip provided in a post above, Desiree states they are raising money to "add" to the fund. I do not think that implied that the fund has been drained...yet.

I don't think MCSO would be kept from searching by a lack of funds if they feel they have legitimate cause to do certain searches, at least one would hope not.

I wonder how the event went, I have not found any write-ups about it.