Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: State v Bradley Cooper - March 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    See attached... this captures the tone of this case perfectly to me.

They look how I feel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    Only that it appeared to be recently laundered - in the midst of a house that was filthy. Really I find no real significance in that piece of evidence. But who knows at this point.
    Stretched collar and " rust" stains , also on collar. I think he said a "scratch" mark on front.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Only that it appeared to be recently laundered - in the midst of a house that was filthy. Really I find no real significance in that piece of evidence. But who knows at this point.
    I don't think I've heard the house is "filthy." It is extremely cluttered, but doesn't look dirty. Like others said, I think it's a testament to the disarray of their relationship.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by snowshuze View Post
    Stretched collar and " rust" stains , also on collar. I think he said a "scratch" mark on front.
    It was a dry fit shirt and they tend to get pull marks in them. My boys wear them as they play lots of sports. jmo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Hmm, what's side bar?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I don't think I've heard the house is "filthy." It is extremely cluttered, but doesn't look dirty. Like others said, I think it's a testament to the disarray of their relationship.
    I thought Nancy's friends said she kept the house nice. Maybe this is how it became when Brad was there alone, after having committed a murder.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jmflu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    It was a dry fit shirt and they tend to get pull marks in them. My boys wear them as they play lots of sports. jmo
    My husband wears them a lot for golf and yes, they get a lot of marks on them. I also wear them for running, but don't have issues because I am gentler with my clothes than he is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

messy

I thought I read somewhere that Nancy was upset because while she was away, the house became a mess..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filesman For This Useful Post:

back at 2:00

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    I thought Nancy's friends said she kept the house nice. Maybe this is how it became when Brad was there alone, after having committed a murder.
    Yes, a lot of earlier comments about NC being a good housekeeper. Could also be the downstairs was usually in "show condition" but the upstairs was another story. If I have guests over I worry about downstairs first. And, in NC's case, I would assume she'd have lots of drop in visitors (neighbors) so they would have a good knowledge of her day to day habits and cleanliness.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post

Excuse me. That's my word and in my mind that's what all that clutter and disarray appears to me - filthy. Maybe that's just my upbringing. "Look at this house. It's filthy" - when my mom didn't mean dirt, she just meant stuff wasn't in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by filesman View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Nancy was upset because while she was away, the house became a mess..
    Yes, she said the house was in a horrible manner (and called her parents about it too).

Curious if the bug guy saw the house like this when he came over to spray (and commented on the garage).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    Ohhh Thanks, I was wondering what friends had to say about her housekeeping....Its no wonder Nancy couldnt work..She had a FUL TIME JOB picking up after Brad!! and the kids!!!

Thankful we are on lunch break..I dont think I could have tolerated another hour of this style of examining a witness!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Stuffed animals.

Think back to Brad's depo - he said Katie would stuff her toys in the vase in the foyer...
    Ooh, thanks, R-C -- I had forgotten that tidbit about Katie's stuffing them in there.

Sticky wicket, perhaps?? I wanna hear more on this one....

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

26. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Excuse me. That's my word and in my mind that's what all that clutter and disarray appears to me - filthy. Maybe that's just my upbringing. "Look at this house. It's filthy" - when my mom didn't mean dirt, she just meant stuff wasn't in its place.
    Ok, no problem. Just different perceptions of filthy. I take it to mean dirty and disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinNC View Post
    Right now the dirty shoes on the rack are lending more credibility to what BC said about he practice of taking their shoes off as they come into the house.
    The discussion about the practice of removing shoes when going into the house baffles me. Brad and Nancy grew up in Canada, where people enjoy the full four seasons. It's snowy, slushy, wet, muddy, dry, hot, rainy and so on, so of course people removes their wet, snowy, muddy shoes when they go into the house. If it was a habit to remove shoes in the house until they were 30-something, I think that habit would stick throughout their lives.

Have mercy, I was away for almost 3 hours and came back to.....nothing. Where is the evidence!?
    Cummings apparently hasn't sped his style up any.
    Loved the thumbnail somebody posted--it encapsulates very well the trial thus far.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    That house was so dirty and cluttered they could of been testing for days.
    It makes it easier to understand why there were bugs everywhere after Nancy had been away for a few days. They were probably there all along, and with everyone away they came out, or moved into the kitchen.

I'm exhausted just watching this and I was able to carry my iPad around and attend to other things. I can't imagine how the jury must be feeling--they must be living from break to lunch to break...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCB For This Useful Post:

I realize they're setting the foundation for further experts, but I have a feeling the jury is being put to sleep by the tone of Cummings + the slow tone of the CCBI guy. The 2 together are a yawn-fest.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    Have mercy, I was away for almost 3 hours and came back to.....nothing. Where is the evidence!?
    Cummings apparently hasn't sped his style up any.
    Loved the thumbnail somebody posted--it encapsulates very well the trial thus far.
    Me too ... I had errands, sat down just in time for morning recess, then some other stuff to do, sat down just in time for lunch break.

Thanks to everyone for the updates, even if it didn't reveal anything ... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NCB View Post
    I'm exhausted just watching this and I was able to carry my iPad around and attend to other things. I can't imagine how the jury must be feeling--they must be living from break to lunch to break...
    I honestly feel for them. And they have no real idea how many more weeks are involved. I think the same may hold true for some of us. I got very little done around here yesterday because of being glued to every word.....waiting for the evidence. Any evidence. And none came. Cummings is still driving me crazy and what I've gathered in both yesterday's and today's questioning it almost seems he is making a ton of points for the defense.

Listening to Cummings makes me think of the Ben Stein character on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

http://youtu.be/dxPVyieptwA

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Listening to Cummings makes me think of the Ben Stein character on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

http://youtu.be/dxPVyieptwA
    LOL, so true!

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    I'm beginning to think I'm the jinx. Maybe if I quit listening something big will happen. Seems to happen to me a lot. I'll try to take a break this afternoon and not tune in and hopefully something with a little more pep will come up.

P.S. I will sacrifice this for the rest of you and your sanity! LOL!
    Last edited by less0305; 03-22-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added a p.s.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast