734 users online (70 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sagging Pants Now Banned in Florida Schools

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...1&Session=2011

A new bill passed by the state’s House of Representatives made it law that pants below the waist are just not to be tolerated in grades K-20, including colleges.

I love It!!!!!
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

I see legal aid getting involved in this one.

I remember the controversy in the 70's over long hair on males. A lot of schools banned it. But making it a law? They didn't go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I see legal aid getting involved in this one.

I remember the controversy in the 70's over long hair on males. A lot of schools banned it. But making it a law? They didn't go that far.

We have some really strange laws that stick down here....
    And other really good laws that don't...
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Kids are still doing this? I haven't seen much of it in San Diego this year (thank goodness). In fact, the kids in middle school are now into skinny jeans (equally as unattractive). But thank goodness I don't have to look at butt cracks anymore!

Maybe this phase will pass in Florida too!

Mel

The scary part is watching them try to run to catch there bus or when they have a fire alarm go off....

It is hazardous to them... they might fall...

Ok so it shouldn't be a law but rather a dress code policy.

I dont care what it is YAY !!!! for Florida ! I sooooo can't stand that carp, ugh ! My son walks around like that and I get all over him. I tell him he looks like he just took a huge s**t in his pant's and to pull them up. He has learned to pull them up around me and I threaten to email his teachers to find out if he is doing it at school to.

I mean how stupid do you really want to look

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Kids are still doing this? I haven't seen much of it in San Diego this year (thank goodness). In fact, the kids in middle school are now into skinny jeans (equally as unattractive). But thank goodness I don't have to look at butt cracks anymore!

Maybe this phase will pass in Florida too!

Mel
    Definitely equally as unattractive!
    With the Justin Beiber hair and tight skinny jeans it's sometimes hard to tell if someone is a boy or girl, lol.

My nephew recently got into the skinny jean look as it has migrated into the hiphop world. The worst part of that is they are sagging their skinny jeans now too.

Ugh, I HATE those skinny jeans. Looks horrible! My cousin wears them but at least she wears her hair long enough to know she's a girl. lol. Thank God my son is only 7. There better be a better fashion trend around by the time he becomes a teenager. I was a teenager around 1998-2002. That was a good time. The biggest trend was flare jeans and preppy polo shirts. Most people were beyond the sagging jeans thing by then.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    I dont care what it is YAY !!!! for Florida ! I sooooo can't stand that carp, ugh ! My son walks around like that and I get all over him. I tell him he looks like he just took a huge s**t in his pant's and to pull them up. He has learned to pull them up around me and I threaten to email his teachers to find out if he is doing it at school to.

I mean how stupid do you really want to look

Yikes...share this with him: Note: link has obscene language but it's a solid reference for this fashion:

From the Urban Dictionary:
    Sagging
    "...Originally, this was a prison thing that signified that you were another prisoner's property, ie b*tch. Punks were forced to wear their pants this way so it would be easier for their masters to pull their pants down and [****] them."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sagging

So sad we have to make a law to tell people to pull their da*mn pants up!

I keep waiting for this phase to pass but alas, how many years have these idiots been dressing this way?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.