Jim Berkland Predicts A California Earthquake Within The Next Two Weeks.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;CndhaX9AglI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CndhaX9AglI[/video]

I'd take this with a grain of salt. JMO

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/TWS-3_21_2011_martinberkland.html

Meteorologist feels bad for Berkland, says window will close without quake

..."Jim has been pretty good with predictions in the past," said Martin. "However this may be one of his last worldwide broadcasted events because my trigger numbers just do not support a major quake in California. I really feel bad for Jim Berkland right now and hope he recovers from this when his window closes."...

When someone predicts an earthquake I usually think on at least a 7.5 scale. The 3.9 quake could be a foreshock. :waitasec:

I hope not. But I won't be going in any underground parking lots for awhile.

Whales close to shore in San Diego :( I believe we need to look at animal behaviour as well.

Maybe a million fish died in Redondo Beach. They had a massive fish sweep in Mexico. We just had a bunch of whales come in close to San Diego”.

Do I believe him? I'd be a fool not to listen to all these signs.

MOO

Mel

He said the target window was from the 19th to the 26th. We did have a 3.2 in Malibu yesterday, but that's all so far. We'll see...

Two days left on his target window. Let's hope he's wrong.

I would certainly hope that this guy wouldn't mind being wrong. Who in their right mind would want to be right about something like this?

Earthquakes happen all the time in CA, I'm not worried or going to do anything differently. Right now,we need to worry more about mudslides and floods. It's currently raining cats & dogs out, at least in No. CA!:rolleyes:

Earthquakes happen all the time in CA, I'm not worried or going to do anything differently. Right now,we need to worry more about mudslides and floods. It's currently raining cats & dogs out, at least in No. CA!:rolleyes:
mudslides are ridiculous right now.... I second that!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I don't know that much about an exact "window," but I do believe strongly in this guy. I grew up in California and am frankly glad that I don't live there now. After the horrific destruction we've seen from the over 7 earthquakes, I fear for those on the coast of the USA...:(

I don't know that much about an exact "window," but I do believe strongly in this guy. I grew up in California and am frankly glad that I don't live there now. After the horrific destruction we've seen from the over 7 earthquakes, I fear for those on the coast of the USA...:(
We'll be fine, besides it has to happen by tomorrow, NOT holding my breath... I've survived two major quakes here in my lifetime- '71 Sylmar quake and '89 Loma Prieta. (I grew up in CA too!);)

Well it doesn't take a genius to predict an earthquake in an earthquake zone where they happen all the time just not 'major' enough to do more than rattle a few windows - it does however take some courage to predict one (I'm guessing he means bigger than a window-rattler) within a given time frame. Fact is most people who live here are not ignorant or complacent and don't need events such as those in Japan as a wake up call to be as prepared as they can be.

We could all up and relocate somewhere safer I suppose (right now I'm thinking somewhere it doesn't drop several inches of rain in the space of a week - yeah yeah 'we need the water' and the next person to say that to me I'm turning the hose on them :wink: ) but since we're still more likely to die from cancer, heart failure, getting hit by a bus or, even, peacefully in our beds than we are in an earthquake, most of us will take our chances and stay put.

Of course when the Big One does come we'll be sorry and Mr Berkland can have the satisfaction of telling us he told us so.

I also believe in Berkland. He certainly has respected credentials and is not just a quack trying to gain media attention.

All the power randomly went out on my street and as far as I can see.I have to admit it did freak me out a bit.

Having lived in California for nearly 60 years now I will admit I have to be optimistic to live here. I have lived in Mendocino, the Bay Area, Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Ventura County. I have been in about 4 BIG quakes but never been hurt. However our home in Santa Monica was badly damaged in the Northridge Quake and our present home has a cracked chimney making it impossible to use the fireplaces. [Which sucks.]

Anyway, I am now living in a less earthquake prone neighborhood than we were previously. CROSSING FINGERS...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back