GA GA - Jefferson, I-85, BlkFem 15-23, UP10922, halter, jeans, blue toe polish, Aug'01

ohwell1971

Glorious Minds Think Alike
Reaction score
horne_annie.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/horne_annie.html

Possible match??

285UFGA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/285ufga.html

I wish there was more information on Annie (maybe clothing sizes?).

The UID has a lot of information. The thing that really got me is the UID's teeth in the reconstruction - they seem to have the same "angle" as Annie's? The eyes are off a little, and the hair isn't long in her picture...

What's everyone think?

Well, I'll give you this, the picture looks really close, right down to the "Michael Strahan" gap between the teeth. The height and weight are damn close, but the age discrepancy is disturbing. Also...that is one big mole, you would think they might be able to see that on the body still...

also, the state of remains...decomposed? No estimation of time? I am sure that in the Georgia Summer sun, even a few month could do terrible things to a body, but "decomposed" is so open to interpretation.

good work on the pictures...I'll try find what I can for you...(doesn't mean much!)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/horne_annie.html

Possible match??

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/285ufga.html

I wish there was more information on Annie (maybe clothing sizes?).

The UID has a lot of information. The thing that really got me is the UID's teeth in the reconstruction - they seem to have the same "angle" as Annie's? The eyes are off a little, and the hair isn't long in her picture...

What's everyone think?

Other than the age discrepancy, I think this is a great find !! I think you should definitely pursue this and turn it in !!!

Lawd, I didn't even see the age discrepancy - I bet you're right. I should hold off on pursuing it...I know the ME or LE can sometimes be off on the ages, but that is a massive mistake (if it is one).

Lawd, I didn't even see the age discrepancy - I bet you're right. I should hold off on pursuing it...I know the ME or LE can sometimes be off on the ages, but that is a massive mistake (if it is one).

Oh, I didn't mean to hold off, I would still turn it in. You never know how accurate the ages are, as far as I can tell. I think there's a remarkable resemblance and would still pursue it.

I don't mean to turn this down the wrong path, but with people of African American Decent, I think they age wonderfully! I have so many co-workers that I would concider my age that have 10-15 years on me. If they never told me, I would assume they were 25-30 just like me!
Obviously, the Medical examiner has other tests they do to determine age, but I think you should still pursue it. Just my humble opinion...

I don't mean to turn this down the wrong path, but with people of African American Decent, I think they age wonderfully! I have so many co-workers that I would concider my age that have 10-15 years on me. If they never told me, I would assume they were 25-30 just like me!

Obviously, the Medical examiner has other tests they do to determine age, but I think you should still pursue it. Just my humble opinion...

You are so right Redsox!! I always have thought the same thing and Barb, I sometimes think I'm blind and I never even saw that...lol!! That is the 2nd time I've done this - I spend so much time looking at the pictures and trying to match them up, I barely even look at the age...lmao!

I will turn it in - at least if it's not a match, I'll definitly know then.

Thank you guys :)

Okay, I sent an e-mail off to GBI..hopefully they will respond.

Good job Ohwell! I'm glad you turned it in. The pictures are very similar. I agree with your assessment that the eyes are a little off, but you know with reconstructions, it is always so hard to tell.

Can't wait to hear back!

Salem

Thanks Salem :)

I received an e-mail back: not a match :( I will keep trying though.

Thanks Salem :)

I received an e-mail back: not a match :( I will keep trying though.

WOW !! That was a quick response !! Thanks for trying, I sure thought you might have solved this one. I'll keep an eye on this thread too and see if I come up with any possibilities. Great try, and thanks for your dedication !! :blowkiss:

Thanks for the encouraging words Barb..I tend to think that I "get excited" when I think I've found a match, but I won't give up if it comes back not a match. This is the 3rd one I've turned in - and two replied within 2 days - the other hasn't said so much as "okay, I received your e-mail"..which is a little disturbing (however, I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt, that maybe a language barrier exists - I sent an e-mail to the police in Canada...or maybe they are so busy, they just don't have the time - which would be unfortunate).

Thanks for the encouraging words Barb..I tend to think that I "get excited" when I think I've found a match, but I won't give up if it comes back not a match. This is the 3rd one I've turned in - and two replied within 2 days - the other hasn't said so much as "okay, I received your e-mail"..which is a little disturbing (however, I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt, that maybe a language barrier exists - I sent an e-mail to the police in Canada...or maybe they are so busy, they just don't have the time - which would be unfortunate).

LOL, I "get excited" too when I think I find a match or anything that might help a case. And you know what, even when it's not a match, at least we've done something, right? Someday, hopefully, we'll be successful and we'll help to bring someone's loved one home to them.

I hope the Canadian police respond. It's a shame that they haven't taken the time to at least let you know, "hey, we got it, we're looking at it".

(((( hugs ))))) and :blowkiss: to you. Don't ever give up !!

I'm sorry it wasn't a match. But at least we know. It would be good to find a way to put the "no matches" in the first or second post of every thread, so they are always in the same spot and we can find them easier.

Ohwell - I admire your persistence and dedication. I have faith that you will find many matches as you go along and even if you don't, we will at least know who is ruled out and that can be key sometimes.

Good job! and like Barb said Don't give up! Every little bit helps, one stone at a time.

Salem

Aww, thanks Barb and Salem:blowkiss: You guys made me feel really good...I figure I'll keep trying and hopefully the UID's around the world will get identified with time - one at a time. It's a shame that sometimes it takes so long.

Good advice Salem - I'll edit my post to say that in the first post - I'll make a match/no match list...
Edited to say: that's weird there is no Edit button on my first post...hmmm, I'll figure a way.

Thanks again....
Amy

I think the ability to edit goes away after some amount of time. I'm not sure how long. That is what makes it difficult to keep a running list, but the mods may have the ability to edit forever? Not sure. I was just kind of thinking out loud when I posted that above.

Something to think about. It would be so nice, especially when a sleuthing becomes several threads long. The possibles get buried in the threads and become very difficult to find. If we could always go back to the first or second post of the very first thread to see who had been ruled out, it could save lots of time.

What do you think? Maybe we could propose it to the mods and see what they think? It may be that once we received a reply from LE/DOE on the possible, we would need to email the information to the mod and then the mod could edit that post and paste the info there?

Just some thought on how better to organize work that has been done so it is not repeated and we can locate it easily.

I think this post is off topic :) Maybe I should be in the jury room?

Salem

I'd agree with that Salem...sounds like an awesome plan :)

Sorry your theory didnt work! It really looked like a match... Also.. she was found right off of I-85 which starts south of Richmond! (Where the lady went missing)... Weird how so many "coincidenses" could be wrong :(

http://www.ci.richmond.va.us/police/Missing/AHorne.aspx
Missing Person

Annie Doris Horne
Date Last Seen: June 3, 2001

Born Age Height Weight Sex
02/06/1963 42 5'4" 125 Female
Eyes Hair Complexion Race
Brown Brown Medium Black
Last Known Address
2912 Yorktown Road, Richmond Va
Last seen wearing
unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any information that may help Police in their search for Annie Doris Horne
please call one of the numbers below
Richmond Police Department (804) 646-5100
Youth & Family Crime Unit (804) 646-6769
Detective Clarence Key (804) 780-4278
Information Desk (804) 646-0400

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads