1124 users online (231 members and 893 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Henderson Co., Body in Green River, Mar'11 - Kenneth Jarrell

Henderson Sheriff: Body found in Green River
    Posted: Mar 23, 2011 2:41 PM MDT
    Updated: Mar 23, 2011 4:26 PM MDT

HENDERSON CO, KY (WFIE) - The Henderson County Sheriff's Office has confirmed to 14 News that they found a body in the Green River between Spotsville and Bluff City.

Sheriff's deputies say this happened just after 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

The sheriff tells 14 News that the body was recovered in quote, "bad shape

http://www.14wfie.com/story/14308509...on-green-river
    Last edited by mysticrose; 03-23-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: add state
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Body Found Floating in Green River

SNIPPED......................

Sheriff Ed Brady told us a tow boat crew reported finding a body wrapped in a black plastic bag around 3:15 p.m. He said the body was spotted near the Bluff City boat ramp.

http://www.news25.us/Global/story.asp?S=14308623
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: repair url tags.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Henderson County Deputy Coroner Sheila Patterson says, "The upper torso was covered with whatever clothing was still on the body. We didn't remove anything because the pathologist likes everything in tact the way we found it, so that she can do her investigation."

It doesn't mention anything about clothes on the ... lower half.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Body Found Floating in Green River

SNIPPED......................

Sheriff Ed Brady told us a tow boat crew reported finding a body wrapped in a black plastic bag around 3:15 p.m. He said the body was spotted near the Bluff City boat ramp.

http://www.news25.us/Global/story.asp?S=14308623
    from the above link:

"At this point in the investigation, Sheriff Brady is calling the death suspicious."

really? a body found in a bag floating in the river? suspicious?

Rodney Hale, 30, MSG 11/30/10, Hopkins Co, KY - Help Find The Missing

Rodney Hale, missing Nebo Kentucky. Green river is a tributary of the Ohio and runs close enough through the area he is said to have gone missing from~ the above link was all I could find with a quick search.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

I have a feeling the body has not been dead for more than a couple of weeks. Had been there longer (and it was moving with the current of the river), it would have continued on to the Ohio River, into the Mississippi River, and into the Gulf of Mexico.

Of course, it could have been hung up in the weeds, and just recently been moved by the current into the free-flowing river.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Rodney Hale, 30, MSG 11/30/10, Hopkins Co, KY - Help Find The Missing

Rodney Hale, missing Nebo Kentucky. Green river is a tributary of the Ohio and runs close enough through the area he is said to have gone missing from~ the above link was all I could find with a quick search.
    Less than an hour away - where his truck was found in Madisonville...

ETA: We also have a thread here on him in the Missing Persons Information/Support forum: KY KY - Rodney "Bo" Hale - 42 years old - Madisonville - 30-Nov-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From that thread, it seems there is another man missing as well -

bbm

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    http://www.isurfmuhlenberg.com/news/...-saturday.html

Written by Amy Hourigan
    Friday, 11 February 2011 18:44

MUHLENBERG COUNTY, KY - Locals and officials continue to search for missing persons, Rodney “Bo” Hale, missing since November 30, 2010 and Scotty Wayne Bryant, missing since December 20, 2010.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Less than an hour away - where his truck was found in Madisonville...

ETA: We also have a thread here on him in the Missing Persons Information/Support forum: KY KY - Rodney "Bo" Hale - 42 years old - Madisonville - 30-Nov-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From that thread, it seems there is another man missing as well -

bbm
    IIRC belimon there are three men missing in that general region of Kentucky and oddly they are all missing under similar circumstances.

KY KY-Richard Strong, 51, Raven, 18 Feb 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Richard Strong is missing too.

Mr. Hale seems to be the closest to this area where the UID went missing though. I could be wrong, I haven't looked at a map just going by memory of the area.

Prayers for the family of this person who has been found. This will be heartbreaking for them.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

it would have been helpful if LE at least said whether the clothing appeared to be male or female. right now there are probably a dozen or more families wondering if this is their loved one and a gender would eliminate an entire category of the human race.

The autopsy is being performed in madville

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...n-green-river/

This is reporting the body was fully clothed. The Gleaner is the Henderson newspaper.

At this point, the sheriff's office isn't sure if the body was found in Daviess or Henderson County.

More than likely in Daviess. My bro in law works at Scott paper. Calling my sister to see if she's heard any more about it.

I live in Daviess County and the Green River has a lot of barge traffic. We won't put our boat in that river.

http://www.14wfie.com/story/14315991...een-river-body

The Henderson County Sheriff's Office says it was a white male, in his 20's or early 30's weighing about 200 pounds and approximately 5 feet 8 inches or six feet tall.

They have no clue who he is. Sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast