966 users online (167 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MA - Jon Hemingway, 36, Nantucket, 17 March 2010 - #5

Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Regarding who or what agency had jurisdiction over this case from the beginning is interesting. With the phony phone call info - that initiated a search on the island. But how much of a search was done? What was the scope of the search?

I am curious as to how many hours passed before LE surmised that Jon was not on the Island?? It was stated in an article that KH contacted phony phone call man in the evening to ask him again if he had indeed talked with Jon earlier in the morning.

But - local LE called the Coast Guard early in the afternoon to alert them. Right?

What exactly was KH doing after she was returned home by phony phone friend that whole day?? And what about Jon's Mom? We still don't know when or how she was told Jon might be missing and what she did upon hearing the info.

Big, huge, gaping holes...........
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

Has Jon already been forgotten by Nantucket?

1 year anniversary of his going missing has come and gone, no retrospective or follow up, and no media inquiry about the DNA results of the bones/boot found months ago.

What a sad commentary.
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

New thread, no new info...

Very sad...I think the show is over...quite depressing.
    My posts are and believe it or not I've put some thought into 'em.

Has anyone contacted any of the local papers recently? If not, I'll shoot one or two off later to inquire as to whether theyll be doing any follow up, etc. Won't represent as a member of WS, just as a concerned MA resident. Both of which I am.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

I won't forget this. I've written the island's newspaper to no avail for some kind of follow-up over the last year. Perhaps all of you should also write the island's weekly. I won't forget this. Even though the word around the island's angler community is that the family knows that the remains found last fall are indeed Jon's, there has not been any definitive article/story on it locally, and we still do not know the "how" of how Jon died. If he did. Nothing has been made public. Yet. I won't forget this.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCodder View Post
    I won't forget this. I've written the island's newspaper to no avail for some kind of follow-up over the last year. Perhaps all of you should also write the island's weekly. I won't forget this. Even though the word around the island's angler community is that the family knows that the remains found last fall are indeed Jon's, there has not been any definitive article/story on it locally, and we still do not know the "how" of how Jon died. If he did. Nothing has been made public. Yet. I won't forget this.

might i suggest that you write, and address, it to:

letter to the editor

Nantucket Newspapers

THE INQUIRER & MIRROR (Nantucket)

One Old South Road 508-228-0001
    P.O. Box 1198 Fax 508-325-5089
    Nantucket, MA 02554-1198

Editor & Publisher
    Marianne R. Stanton 508-228-0001 x11
    mstanton@inkym.com

Assistant Editor
    Joshua H. Balling 508-228-0001 x14
    jballing@inkym.com

If there exists another more or less prominent Nantucket newspaper, please post here the name of the paper as well as its address and relevant phone numbers.

Thanks.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by truthsleuth View Post
    THE INQUIRER & MIRROR (Nantucket)

One Old South Road 508-228-0001
    P.O. Box 1198 Fax 508-325-5089
    Nantucket, MA 02554-1198

Editor & Publisher
    Marianne R. Stanton 508-228-0001 x11
    mstanton@inkym.com

Assistant Editor
    Joshua H. Balling 508-228-0001 x14
    jballing@inkym.com

If there exists another more or less prominent Nantucket newspaper, please post here the name of the paper as well as its address and relevant phone numbers.

Thanks.
    Thank you!! i will try do email them tomorrow!!!
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq211 View Post
    Thank you!! i will try do email them tomorrow!!!

O.K., I've done it. I emailed the editor. Normally I wouldn't do something like this, but this case really bothers me! Why doesn't anyone care?? (Not Websleuth folks, of course!)
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Well - I hope that the media in the community I live would monitor and keep asking LE for answers to DNA results on a local missing person. It's not like Nantucket has hundreds of missing persons.......

But, then again - what KH laid out to the media and LE seemed to be good enough for them.

So, there you go - set out on the Nantucket sound - and fall "asleep" for hours on end on a 1 1/2 hr trip. No one will question anything if you are .....unconscious.

I emailed a reporter at the Cape Cod Times who did a couple of stories last year, and asked if any follow up was planned. I figured maybe I'd have more luck with an off island paper? We will see... I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    I emailed a reporter at the Cape Cod Times who did a couple of stories last year, and asked if any follow up was planned. I figured maybe I'd have more luck with an off island paper? We will see... I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.
    Good idea. Although the Cape Cod Times has the same owner as the only Nantucket newspaper, The Inquirer & Mirror (Dow Jones Local Media Group, a News Corp subsidiary, as in Wall Street Journal, FOX, etc.), the Cape Cod Times is known for being more on the ball and a bit more aggressive in following up stories.

Hope you hear something. I've e-mailed the paper, too, over the last year, and will again today.

It's really interesting that given how big a story this was a year ago, that nothing has been reported as far as results from the bones and the boot that were found 6 months ago! What the heck? Is it just us on WS who want to know?

Wow.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast