GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
Spector Faces Indictment

Phil Spector's lawyers fear the rock producer has been indicted by a secret grand jury for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson, meaning his case will head straight to court. The music pioneer was asked to attend a Los Angeles hearing on Monday - which his legal team fear will mean an indictment. Such a development will enable prosecutors to avoid a hearing that would require them to show enough evidence to bind Spector over for a trial. Spector's attorney Roger Rosen says, "I can't imagine any other reason to be there. Phil is very disappointed. He felt strongly that there was a very significant possibility this case would be thrown out at the prelim, so he's very disappointed that he's lost the chance." Spector was charged with murder last November for the fatal shooting of the 40-year-old blonde at his Los Angeles home in February. Prosecutors say police found blood and gunshot residue on Spector - as well as evidence he had cleaned and moved the gun after the event.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#1

*note: The Internet Movie Database updates are posted daily, so this link will be gone tomorrow*

Here we go. Its on:

Phil Spector charged with murder
01:48 PM CDT on Monday, September 27, 2004

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – Record producer Phil Spector was charged in an indictment unsealed Monday with murder in the shooting death of a B-movie actress at his mansion last year.

Spector, 64, leaned on the arm of his attorney as the indictment in the slaying of 40-year-old Lana Clarkson was read, but showed no emotion. He was allowed to remain free on $1 million bail.

He spoke only briefly in court, answering, "Yes, your honor," to Judge David S. Lesley's questions. Lesley set Dec. 16 as the earliest possible trial date.

Spector, creator of rock music's "Wall of Sound" recording technique in the 1960s, suggested in an interview with Esquire magazine that Clarkson shot herself.

The judge agreed to keep the trial in Los Angeles rather than move it to Pasadena, closer to Spector's home in Alhambra. Attorneys for both sides expressed concern about the crush of reporters expected to attend it, and the courtrooms in Los Angeles are bigger.

Clarkson starred in Roger Corman's cult film classic Barbarian Queen . She was working as a hostess at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip and went home from there with Spector the night she was killed.

www.dallasnews.com

Phil creeps me out. I can't imagine a person killing themselves in the way Phil is saying Lana did....kissing the gun than pulling the trigger...sounds like a bad movie.

Yah, Phil is a creepy guy. Brilliant in his field, but creepy. I have driven by his mansion--very strange.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I actually think there's a chance she really did accidentally kill herself. She was extremely intoxicated and there was gunshot residue all over her. According to a report I heard yesterday on KFI, due to the gunshot wound, the gun was held at extremely close range. I'm not 100% convinced either way. Of course, Spector is adamant that he didn't kill her but didn't initial reports say that he ran out of the mansion saying he accidentally did? Sigh--another mystery that will probably never be solved...
Karen

I'm thinking they probably both had something to do with it. I would need to hear a very very good motive in order to believe he did this on purpose.

Phil Spector has not always just been weird but is a spousal abuser and is known for pulling guns on people (just about everybody he's produced has at least one "weird" story about Phil usually involving guns).

He's also a known paranoid AND drug user...............I think ,imo,he's guilty.

When you walk out of your home and say,

"Uh, I think I shot somebody...."

What? You can't remember? You think you shot your cat, and NOT the date lying in the house?

I think Phil's finally going down.

Cleaning your gun afterwards? Sounds like he was coherent enough, to know how to clean his gun, and clean up.

Dang, I may need to read up on this guy. Hope the Peterson prosecutor isn't available for the trial. What ever possessed this woman to go to his house if he's that creepy and has a horrible reputation in the biz?

Jeana (DP) said:
Dang, I may need to read up on this guy. Hope the Peterson prosecutor isn't available for the trial. What ever possessed this woman to go to his house if he's that creepy and has a horrible reputation in the biz?

Jeana--
That is a very good question. She was very beautiful and I really can't figure why she went with him except I do know that I heard she had been drinking quite heavily.
Karen

she was a grade B wannabe, and he was famous and successful...of course she'd want to know him and connect with him. if there is gunshot residue on him he did it.( and he cleaned the gun?? big red flag!! it takes some real effort to break down a semi-automatic weapon, clean it and reassemble it, and you can't do it drunk) ... and if it is on her it's because she was shot at very close range. phil has been a known nut-job for years.

Linda, I think I read there was residue from the gun on both of them. Should be an interesting trial.

I always read Cindy Adams' column to see if she mentions SP and today she had something on this case.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/cindy.htm

She had to work but she wasn't broke. She wasn't on anything. She was working under the scrutiny of senior management and Hollywood people quickly notice things like that. I can't fathom why she went with this short, grotesquely unattractive troll. He has a history of having guns and pulling guns on people. His ex-wife, Ronnie Spector, said she'd be dead if she were still married to him."

CTV's Crime Library has a ton of stories on this case. I don't enough about it yet to have an opinion.

Phil suffers from bipolar. He's mentally ill. Often, people suffering from this illness are not able to make reasoned decisions about their health, staying AWAY from alcohol, and staying ON their meds.... My understanding is, Phil had difficulty with all these issues.

I had heard that (quite some time ago), that he came out of his residence and supposedly said, "I think I shot somebody." Or something of that nature. But the "changing" of the story later, does not look good for Phil.

After watching countless episodes of Forensic Files :rolleyes: , I would think this supposed "suicide" would be fairly east to prove or dispell. How far away from her was the gun when it was fired? They can tell this by powder burns and stippling. Was there gunshot residue on her hands? What was the angle of the bullet? I'll just bet there is a boatload of evidence to prove this wasn't suicide.

Not many women commit suicide by gunshot. We are too vain! Don't want to leave that disfigured body around for someone else to see. We prefer pills!

And finally, for pete's sake, who would kill themselves while visiting in someone elses home? I can just hear the conversation now. "Excuse me Phil, don't you have a gun somewhere in this house? Can I borrow it for a minute? I'm feeling a little depressed, and I'd like to kill myself now, in your home!"

Yeah, right! :doh:

Interesting new link

Alhambra police Officer Beatrice Rodriguez testified that Spector told officers at his home: "What's wrong with you guys? What are you doing? I didn't mean to shoot her. It was an accident."

Also has a link to picture slide show.
Prayers for justice, Lanie

He's fried. I wonder if his attorney will dare ask him to go for an insanity defense. I watched an interview with one of his son's. Its a wonder the son isn't a wackjob himself!!! Completely strange childhood. Said he lived in his bedroom 24/7 when he wasn't at school. Like not allowed in the rest of the house :waitasec: :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back