GUILTY NE - Thomas DeJong, 52, brutally beaten to death, Fairbury, 11 March 2011

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
When Susan DeJong followed the ambulance carrying her dying husband from Fairbury to a Lincoln hospital Friday afternoon, she brought along a bag holding what appeared to be blood-soaked pajamas and two claw hammers, one with "apparent blood on it," according to court documents.

According to one of two search warrants filed Wednesday in Lancaster County District Court, friends and family of the couple told an investigator "there has been a long history of Susan physically and mentally abusing Thomas."

DeJong, 54, was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of the first-degree murder of her husband, Thomas DeJong.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_50eb92d5-e810-5c8c-8ea6-1c1ca86476e9.html

That poor man! Unfortunately, while abusive wives exists, these incidents often go unreported by husbands for a variety of reasons. It appears that this is one evil witch.

That poor man! Unfortunately, while abusive wives exists, these incidents often go unreported by husbands for a variety of reasons. It appears that this is one evil witch.

It does happen and it happens way more often than some may think.. Society just seems so close minded about that for some reason. I imagine like most cowardly abusers she caught him off guard and he had no time to react once she struck him with the claw hammer repeatedly. Uggggh......such depravity.

Over 800,000 911 calls are made each year by males that were being attacked during a domestic dispute with a female. NOW that is just the ones who reported. Most men do not report their abuse at all.

It is a shameful stigma for men as if it shows them weak.. They have no support groups to reach out too. Even their male 'buddies' don't understand so they hold the secrets inside. They too make foolish excuses for cuts and bruises and other injuries and with a male the 'accident' is more often believed since a lot of males are more physically active than females and can have 'accidents' without them looking suspicious.

So many men have been taught growing up that under no circumstances is a male to strike a woman even if the woman strikes them. A female abuser targets her victim and their gentle personality just like male abusers. They know who they can easily intimate and control.

They stay for the same reasons an abused female does. They may truly love the abuser (jerk). They believe them each time when they promise to change. They stay because of their children. They stay because they are fearful of their abuser thinking if they leave the female she will do bodily harm to them.

The one good thing about this case is LE has the prior violent history of abuse she did against her husband. Imo, he didn't report her but his family may have trying to get him help.

If LE had not had these witnesses, I have no doubt, we would be hearing the old standby that females like this seem to always use and she would have said HE was abusing HER.

Our friend was a gentle giant of a man (6'4' over 200 pounds) and his wife was a very petite woman (5'3"-120 pounds.) She grossly abused him for over 20 years until she almost killed him and the police took it out of his hands and arrested her for attempted murder.

All those years he covered for her. Excuse after excuse why he always seemed to have some type of injury or another. He stayed in that hell hole because back then the woman always got the children and he did not want to be separated from his children. After her arrest though he did file for divorce and got full custody of their children. Had that not happened... then I am not sure he would have ever told anyone. He said he didn't think anyone would believe him anyway, and it was so shameful and embarrassing to him that he could tell no one.

So I hope justice is swift and mighty against this wretched mean woman.

I also hope that more and more awareness comes forward that abuse s NOT gender specific. The whole truth needs to be told. Abused males needs to have support too and be recognized that they too are victims of DV.

IMO

From Oceanblueeye's link above it says, 'she brought along a bag holding what appeared to be blood-soaked pajamas and two claw hammers, one with "apparent blood on it," according to court documents.'

I wonder if she was going to dispose of those items at the hospital?

In her mugshot she looks rough, maybe a heavy drinker or something else...

From Oceanblueeye's link above it says, 'she brought along a bag holding what appeared to be blood-soaked pajamas and two claw hammers, one with "apparent blood on it," according to court documents.'

I wonder if she was going to dispose of those items at the hospital?

In her mugshot she looks rough, maybe a heavy drinker or something else...

It sure sounds like she was going to unload the evidence maybe in a trash can somewhere before leaving the hospital. She sure didn't want LE finding it in the home.

Yes, I noticed that. She may have been an alcoholic. A lot of abusers seem to be either alcoholics or drug abusers but they can also be those who do not drink a drop nor do drugs.

She sure looks older.. than he did although I don't know when the photo of him was taken. I imagine he was known as a peaceful passive quiet person. Poor man he probably just tried to stay out of her way the best he could.

I am sure his family begged him to leave her.. telling him.. if he did not she would wind up killing him one day, but like so many victims for various reasons known only to them they don't leave and sadly this can be the tragic end result.

IMO

Most people who are abused are made to feel that they are responsible for the abuser's behavior. (i.e. If you didn't ________, or weren't so ___________, I wouldn't be doing this!) If you don't leave early on, it only gets harder.

When asked about a cracked coffee cup, she replied "his head hit it".

More likely she whacked him over the head with it.

RIP --

Mel

Most people who are abused are made to feel that they are responsible for the abuser's behavior. (i.e. If you didn't ________, or weren't so ___________, I wouldn't be doing this!) If you don't leave early on, it only gets harder.

ITA! Or (i.e) now look what you have made me do.)

imo

From May 2012:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/c...cle_2c39c27e-87a6-51d0-8c69-ea6c05fb5893.html

A judge gave the maximum sentence possible -- life in prison, plus 50 years -- to a Fairbury woman Thursday for the brutal beating death of her husband last year...

The judge described Thomas DeJong, 52, as a suffering servant, who provided for his wife and apparently put up with abuse from her for years, hoping to reconcile.

He paid a high price for staying with her, Korslund said. He pointed to trial testimony of doctors who said Thomas DeJong suffered horribly, hurt so badly he bled to death in his skin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back